When is a Zerg not a Zerg?

M

morpheous

Clarification please....

Back in the good old days, when i were a lad etc. a Zerg meant a shedload of peeps, now the term is being bandied about in relation to Rambo and Constanze. Maths never was a strong point, but 1+1 still equals two.

foad if u intend to hijack this thread to flame Rambo.

stop calling groups of people zergs.

P.S. anyone else noted that 8/10 of the whiners are unknown bods?

M

Maleg_Grumpton

People whine about Zerg when they lose to a force that is larger in numbers than thiers and normally they believe due to the power of numbers alone. Soloist whine of a Zerg of 2+, 1FG whine of a Zerg of 2FG+..... 2FG whine of a Zerg of 3FG+. Never hear the whine when the people Zerg bust though.

M

~Mobius~

Guy above me is pretty much right, if you're killed by a number greater than you then its a zerg, if you win then you owned a crap zerg and you are therefore leet.

M

maxgirth

If I had a dictionary, i`d look up zerg and clarify it, but I don`t, but I do have other books, and page 17 has huge bazookas zerging her bra, so I guess the answer is 2 :).

K

klavrynd

you're zerged the moment you're outmanned imo

and just for the record, the word 'zergfil 'was invented by yours truly, and should from now on be accompanied of a (c) klav

M

morpheous

gifv /level 30 zergs then .. at a steady pace ... post times of your availability for me n my purple 'n whites to come along and chastise you..... go on .... pwease.

S

Shike

When a FG looses to a FG and cfg and loose again but with 2fgs and then call the hivemind (often a cg or an /as) and ask for more zerglings, voila, we have a zerg.

M

morpheous

"and just for the record, the word 'zergfil 'was invented by yours truly, and should from now on be accompanied of a (c) klav "

zergfil

zergfil

zergfil

sue me :p

A

amazingsteve

Originally posted by Shike
When a FG looses to a FG and cfg and loose again but with 2fgs and then call the hivemind (often a cg or an /as) and ask for more zerglings, voila, we have a zerg.

Of course, when fighting 1fg and 1fg stealthers add (the so called zerfiltrators (c) Klav (not klav, Klav)) it is also known as a zerg, but is often ignored with "don´t fight at MGs"

O

old.mattshanes

A zerg is not a zerg after you have met alb excal in emain at primetime saturday. xD

O

old.diabolus

Originally posted by morpheous
Clarification please....

Back in the good old days, when i were a lad etc. a Zerg meant a shedload of peeps, now the term is being bandied about in relation to Rambo and Constanze. Maths never was a strong point, but 1+1 still equals two.

foad if u intend to hijack this thread to flame Rambo.

stop calling groups of people zergs.

P.S. anyone else noted that 8/10 of the whiners are unknown bods?

8/10 don't have a clue imo or are crybabies that cant handle handle loosing :O

S

Shike

Originally posted by amazingsteve
Of course, when fighting 1fg and 1fg stealthers add (the so called zerfiltrators (c) Klav (not klav, Klav)) it is also known as a zerg, but is often ignored with "don´t fight at MGs"

I've always wondered what would happen if mids and hibs decided to have an mgEfree week.. the amgcampers would prolly make whinethreads then and ask of Mythic to plant albhasteners at amg so they dont have to walk so slow to other places... Or.. if hibs/mids decided to camp amg for a month with some groups with PBAE and TSing hunters/rangers.. The zergfiltrators/mincers/scouts lrp would prolly not be higher than 10k :)

S

stunned

Cant You FEEL when You zerg or getting zerged ?

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
A zerg is not a zerg after you have met alb excal in emain at primetime saturday. xD

aglee soooo much, one reason why i play pryd not excal now :p

G

Gamah

Originally posted by speshneeds
aglee soooo much, one reason why i play pryd not excal now :p

Lies! you wanted to play on the same server as the great one!

(Thats me btw :p)

O

old.Vae

Originally posted by Xeanor
[Alliance] xxx: Albion at AMG

I recall someone posting an irc log on here once or it was in someones sig.

Excal Albions zerg had just died in emain and a mid was taunting Alpha (I think) whose comment was

HAHA We'll double it!

:rolleyes: Wouldn't have suprised me if they had...

O

old.tuppe

if 1fg+ mids, its zerg
if 5fg+ albs its zerg

hmm atleast this kind image i have get when read this board :)

hibs are still under work but i think 4fg hibs is zerg? atleast someone allready say that.

L

Lochlyessa

Originally posted by old.Vae
I recall someone posting an irc log on here once or it was in someones sig.

Excal Albions zerg had just died in emain and a mid was taunting Alpha (I think) whose comment was

HAHA We'll double it!

:rolleyes: Wouldn't have suprised me if they had...

That was Zoyster :p

O

old.Morchaoron

nah the funniest guy was on the US servers, he was clearing emain with his 3fg guildzerg and said "lol those noobguilds cant even get 2fgs"

G

Gamah

A zerg is when midgard are out...not a zerg is when the noble albs are out!

K!

H

haarewin

Originally posted by old.tuppe
if 1fg+ mids, its zerg
if 5fg+ albs its zerg

hmm atleast this kind image i have get when read this board :)

hibs are still under work but i think 4fg hibs is zerg? atleast someone allready say that.

nope, 2fgs is a zerg of hibs

M

minstrel_kyra

Used to be a zerg was about 4fg. Now with all the sc, sidi (and sidi equivelant) type items its 2fg or more.

My favorite quote recently:

/as: alliance member: "4 FG Hibs Zerging around Emain"
/as: me: "What are they doing? Is Mid trying to rr?"
/as:another alliance member:" Think they got confused and are trying to rr themselves"

hehe

oh well, it was funny at the time. :)

Tell ya what, takes a brave (or possibly just not very clever) person to go out in emain solo because you WILL get run over.

I

ingrid

personaly i say when the battle gets out of hand and you cant grasp it easy, as u can keep track of what 16 ppl are doing that we all must agree on, u may even grasp what 17 people are doing, but to see what 32 ppl are doing is a diffrent story.

so in reality u can say that 1.5 FG aint a zerg.
but as u stated we have to draw the line somewhere, so as a seer i am, its not realy easy to grasp people out of grp, witch makes 8 people the maximum not to go over to be uncontrollable. so id like to draw the line at everything above 8 people = zerg

then to look at the stealther department
for those of you that has tried stealth rvr knows its not easy to keep track of ur own members while in stealth. u can easily keep track of 1 teammate, thats atleast how i see it, its even possible to keep track of 2 teammates... but after that it tends to get out of hand. so say u face 4 ppl in stealth ^^ most of the times u end up with 1 man joining a fight 1 char sees the fight
the other 2 stands totaly clueless facing the wrong direction only seeing health bars drop, (unless u stand still).
so id like to draw the line for stealth rvr at all above 3.

9+
and stelath
4+

and please u cant draw the line diffrently for each realm.
a zerg is a zerg not due to how good they perform but how many they are. otherwice NP whould be counted as a zerg in 1 FG and most others could play non zerg at 3 FG... whouldnt that be wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread