Motoring Wheels

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
My wife recently asked me what my opinion was on getting a Berlingo as our first car, to which I promptly replied what her thoughts on getting a divorce was. We're still married and no car yet. I get to ride her and the kids around town in this though

christiania-high-box.jpg

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Something about Seats just make me want to stop. They are beyond boring, they are just empty looking, soulless.
Have to agree. I'm sure the Seat's a nice car to drive but they look like... nothing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The missus has just told me we should have a Jag next. Not for any practical reason, bit mostly because I keep leaving my wallet at home when we go to the pub....
Dooooo it :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I can definitely see a Jag in the future, got a few BMW 's to get out my system first.

And Ive just realised I've turned into me old man. Always threatening to buy other marques. And always ending up in another BMW. Having said that he didn't get married in one, so looks like I'm even worse! Awesomesauce!

Bodhi

@Scouse you never did get your post moved.

Stuff I can think off of the too of my head that will be reliable, carry loads, get decent mpg but still be entertaining to drive are

Skoda Octavia VRS
BMW 330/335/530/535i/d Touring
Golf GTI
Some sort of Audi
C Class Estate

Trying to think of something Japanese that's interesting and good on fuel is tough, so how about a GT86 with a bike rack?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse you never did get your post moved.

Stuff I can think off of the too of my head that will be reliable, carry loads, get decent mpg but still be entertaining to drive are

Skoda Octavia VRS
BMW 330/335/530/535i/d Touring
Golf GTI
Some sort of Audi
C Class Estate

Trying to think of something Japanese that's interesting and good on fuel is tough, so how about a GT86 with a bike rack?
Passat estate gets shit loads in it

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
One of my UK work collegues is staying over in the US for 11 months and it a bit of a petrol head. He needed a car for the period so naturally he walks into the nearest muscle car dealership, points at the model with the most horse-power and goes "I'll take that one". He's giving me a lift in it most mornings while I'm staying over here, so this is basically my taxi service for a few weeks -

2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I posted my new bike, but not my car lol.
It needs a wash but uhhh here it is. ( 330e sport ).

DIvbMEA.jpg

sayward

Resident Freddy
Soooo with all the crap going on if I change my car do I still get a diesel? Have had one for years. Since the days when you couldn't buy 'sin plomo' in Spain.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I like diesels for the tank range, but honestly they are shit for the environment and long term they're gonna get taxed harder at some point, sooooooo.

If you're planning on keeping it <5 years and like the convenience I'd prob still go diesel - otherwise petrol.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I drove an estate passat and didn't like it all that much, while I am not a big fan of estates full stop it just seemed even more like staring down a tunnel when looking in the mirror, hated parking it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I drove an estate passat and didn't like it all that much, while I am not a big fan of estates full stop it just seemed even more like staring down a tunnel when looking in the mirror, hated parking it.
I think any estate is loke that. But i got lowered suspension and parking sensors as standard so its fun to drive and easy to park :)

Bodhi

Fun to drive? A Passat? Really?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Fun to drive? A Passat? Really?
For me yes. My 170bhp astra was fun too. But im not into huge speed so everything is relative. With the lowered suspension it corners fine and thats good enough for me.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My celica was the most fun car i owned. The bmw m sport was ok but i just didnt like the small boot.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I get the attraction of hot hatches with big engines, I do, but for me a truly fast car with a nice sounding engine has to be topless. I don't see the point in a car making all that noise and then hiding it with sound insulation.

Bodhi

Toolimited in range.

They must be, as every one I see on the motorway is in the inside lane, doing 60 slipstreaming trucks.

That's a lot of money to spend to be stuck at 60mph.....

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Petrolheads, what's the consensus on buying vs leasing?
Depreciation, servicing, I'm just not so keen on it all these days. I see friends lease for a couple hundred quid a month and it just looks easier. Opinions?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I buy cause it means once i have paid off the loan its mine and i have no more monthly payments.

If you lease or do the payment thing with the balloon payment at a dealer your forever making payments.

But yes its a depreciating asset. As you say

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you want the latest thing, so your curtain twitching neighbours think you're rich, then go the contract route. But really, if you want to know the cheapest way to buy a car, it's with cash, second hand.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just bought mine by finance as Audi gave £2200 contribution towards it then 10 days after I receive the car I pay it off

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom