Motoring Wheels

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Finally got myself a not-quite-so-boring car after 5 and a half years of having an A3 1.6 diesel.

Life is more fun :)

IMG_3240b.JPG

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
My mates got one of those and you will be disappointed to learn you cant tow a caravan with it.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
What happened to the ST170

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What happened to the ST170
Sold it a while ago. Needed five doors for kids etc. Also was doing about 100 miles a day at the time so a diesel made more sense.

Didn't post it here because it was a bit dull :/

Edmond

Sold it a while ago. Needed five doors for kids etc. Also was doing about 100 miles a day at the time so a diesel made more sense.

Didn't post it here because it was a bit dull :/
Still got mine after 10 yrs but just bought a new car this week

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Ooh nice - is that the Supercharged one?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ooh nice - is that the Supercharged one?
It's the 240bhp petrol. Same engine as a Focus ST. Golf GTI fast, not Golf R fast.

New petrol engines based on the Ingenium design come later this year. Might want to trade up to it or the new AWD version of the same then. Will have a test drive.

Could have stretched to the V6 but given that most of my miles at the moment are my commute where I average 13mph it seemed a bit of a waste of money and fuel :/

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Test drove one of those when deciding what to get. Nice car but I could get more car, with more toys for less money on the Jaguar. Just not as quick. Quick enough though :)

Out of interest, why the S3 rather than a Golf R?

/edit: or for that matter the M140i? Test drove that as well. Mega car and BMW will give mega discounts at the moment on them. It was in my final two with the Jag.

Edmond

I test drove them both, but the R would be the end of the current version. They are face lifting it and I didn't want to buy what they had rather than being able to choose what I wanted, I was limited. Also I didn't want to be driving round in seven months time and see the face lift version and kick myself. Also the VW sales guy wasn't interested, i think he thought i was a tyre kicker

Both cars are pretty much the same to drive but the S3 is the new face lift version. Gone for the three door in the blue, upgraded the seats to the RS3 seats with the red leather stitching, Bang and Olufsen sound system and virtual cockpit.

s3002.JPG

s3001.JPG

Still contemplating the black edition, Its still 4 months away due to build time, but i have a month or so to spec amend it if i want.

Didn't even look at the BMW as I've never been a fan of them, they just don't do it for me, especially the 1 series

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I test drove them both, but the R would be the end of the current version. They are face lifting it and I didn't want to buy what they had rather than being able to choose what I wanted, I was limited. Also I didn't want to be driving round in seven months time and see the face lift version and kick myself. Also the VW sales guy wasn't interested, i think he thought i was a tyre kicker

Both cars are pretty much the same to drive but the S3 is the new face lift version. Gone for the three door in the blue, upgraded the seats to the RS3 seats with the red leather stitching, Bang and Olufsen sound system and virtual cockpit.

View attachment 35811

View attachment 35812

Still contemplating the black edition, Its still 4 months away due to build time, but i have a month or so to spec amend it if i want.

Didn't even look at the BMW as I've never been a fan of them, they just don't do it for me, especially the 1 series
Looks nice :)

If you don't like the 1 series you could get an M240i instead.

Bodhi

View attachment 35811

View attachment 35812

Looks OK (I'm not a fan of VAG cars in the slightest so that's the most positive you'll get out of me) but I'd reconsider the RS3 seats - a lot are stolen to order.

Embattle

FH is my second home

View attachment 35811

View attachment 35812

Personally I don't like the rear diffuser colour.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Audi S3s are boring to drive.

Source: drove an S3 extensively.

Bodhi

It's the 240bhp petrol. Same engine as a Focus ST. Golf GTI fast, not Golf R fast.

New petrol engines based on the Ingenium design come later this year. Might want to trade up to it or the new AWD version of the same then. Will have a test drive.

Could have stretched to the V6 but given that most of my miles at the moment are my commute where I average 13mph it seemed a bit of a waste of money and fuel :/

Nice, let us know how you get on - sounds sad but I'll be interested to see how it is on fuel, as I'll want another fast petrol to replace the 125i, but anything too juicy will get me in front of HR at work. So 30 mpg plus is a prerequisite.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I managed about 40 mpg in eco mode between home and Scarborough but that required driving like a fanny. I get about 19 mpg in normal mode on my sloooow commute :/

I can go lower if I put it in dynamic mode and switch the gearbox to sport :)

/Edit: the next version is supposed to be quicker and less thirsty ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have a left hand drive 1.0 liter Kia Picanto you can have for cheaps Bods. HR will line up to suck your economic coxxor!

Bodhi

I have a left hand drive 1.0 liter Kia Picanto you can have for cheaps Bods. HR will line up to suck your economic coxxor!

I'm all good thanks dude, as long as I don't have the least economical car on the team - and 2 of them have Land Rover Discoveries, so no need for purgatory just yet :)

Job

Took the wifes C1 to Henley, 440 round trip.
Did 60mpg, it's so high geared at 75mph it told me to change down on a motorway incline.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm all good thanks dude, as long as I don't have the least economical car on the team - and 2 of them have Land Rover Discoveries, so no need for purgatory just yet :)
M240i gets 35 mpg official:

RRP: From £34,285
Acceleration 0-62 mph: 4.8 to 5 seconds
Fuel economy: 34-36 mpg combined (25-27 city, 43-45 highway)
Dimensions: 4,454 mm L x 1,774 mm W x 1,403-1,408 mm H
Kerb weight: 1,545 to 1,690 kg
Max speed: 155.3 mph

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Still sat stuck in traffic 75% of the time.

Job

Yup, official mpg figures are a fantasy, cars are no better than they were in the 80s, because they all weigh twice as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom