Whats your View?

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
It might be an interesting idea.. but we already only have 2 English servers.. so you can only play 2/3 realms (not including Camlann which isn't a normal RvR server)

If they merged it down to one server then there would be even less choice..

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
not if the made that server into an hybrid of pvp/rvr, where you can play all 3 realms, and remove relics (for any spying whine/issues etc :p)

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
not if the made that server into an hybrid of pvp/rvr, where you can play all 3 realms, and remove relics (for any spying whine/issues etc :p)

i guess you mean a bit like medal of honour online then you can change from allies to axis by the click of a button so it would be just the same on daoc

Plus this would be intresting as well Prydwen thid has and always will be very poor so with a merge lvl 20s can get a nice taste of rvr a bit earlyer as well instead of going to thid and suiciding cause they see 1 person in 30 mins

Bring it on imo

blejs

Loyal Freddie
When WoW is released, this will be needed or i belive prydwen will die.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
This will never happen so why even discuss it? ^^

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen needs a population boost, especially for NF. Merging the two servers probably will never happen though, for a start doing it would be a very clear indication that DAoC is in decline on the Euro English servers. What is more likely to happen is more and more Prydwen players leave the game, move to other Euro servers or go to US servers.

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
This will never happen so why even discuss it? ^^

Theres always hope :|
GOA might wake up when WoW steals half of their playerbase :p

Groag

Loyal Freddie
Congratulations! :clap:

This thread wins the prize for the silliest idea of the year :p

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
Why is it silly may i ask both servers are lacking in some departments people are leaving because of the status of prydwen because of the lack of enemy, lack of groups lack of every thing tbh so please explain why this is silly surley with wow inc soon they need to keep things more interesting ie merg rvr grounds I.e Ligen and cain each have a port and to get to other side you will need to port from prydwen or exc hib land to get to 1 rvr ground and same for each realm

I.e prydwen albs can not communicate with exc albs till they port to other side of ligen same goes for rest of the realms

just my 2 cents but im pretty sure it will keep people playing a lot longer and gif people more competition

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
p0x said:
Theres always hope :|
GOA might wake up when WoW steals half of their playerbase :p
Not even GOA is stupid enough to delete paying customers chars, so no I wouldn't say there were any hope of this.

If WoW hits as hard as lots of ppl think they might do a /charcopy command to make ppl move from prydwen to excalibur but I doubt it. I can promise you tho that they will never merge the servers and therefore delete hundreds of chars against paying cutomers will.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Shadster said:
ie merg rvr grounds I.e Ligen and cain each have a port and to get to other side you will need to port from prydwen or exc hib land to get to 1 rvr ground and same for each realm

I.e prydwen albs can not communicate with exc albs till they port to other side of ligen same goes for rest of the realms
It will be really hard to spy on eachother then, no need for irc just log on your hib/exc account while playing mid/pry and chat with the hibs in rvr ^^

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
hmm seems to me they have to do something. i havent been able to log on for a few weeks because rl is toying with me, but if the situation is as grim as ppl say, Mythic/GOA should think of alternatives.... to the best of my knowledge Counter-Strike is one of the very very few games that has survived years of online gaming due to the fact that it has great pvp... Its an ancient game but the fact that it has a VERY nice multiplayer function has made it survive for longer than any other game I can think of.
I'm not even going to suggest anything, only state that I think GOA/Mythic (whoever tbh) has to do something and do it pretty fast if they don't want to sit with empty servers in a short while.
I know most companies try their very hardest to keep customers, i dont see a different situation for Mythic/GOA at all.
It's hardly the customers job to tell the company what to do, if they're interested they should send out questionaires (sp), that is, if they give a rats dirty butt
Crap servers/service = kkthnxbye to the player base

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Jobil said:
to the best of my knowledge Counter-Strike is one of the very very few games that has survived years of online gaming due to the fact that it has great pvp...
The pvp function has nothing to do that cs is still active. The same pvp function has been in lots and lots of fps games. I rly don't see how but cs must be a funny game and have something the other games don't and it's not the pvp function..

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
The pvp function has nothing to do that cs is still active. The same pvp function has been in lots and lots of fps games. I rly don't see how but cs must be a funny game and have something the other games don't and it's not the pvp function..

If that's so (i dont play CS that much, but to me its pvp function > anything else ive tried) just the more reason for the developers to try and figure out what has kept CS so solide over the years tbh imho <insert more abbreviations>

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
take away the pointless relics imo and just remember with nf no need for spies as you no when a keep is been attacked just get rid the silly relics

there pointless tbh

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Jobil said:
If that's so (i dont play CS that much, but to me its pvp function > anything else ive tried) just the more reason for the developers to try and figure out what has kept CS so solide over the years tbh imho <insert more abbreviations>
You don't understand what I just said..

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>This will never happen so why even discuss it? ^^

Agree, Prydwen will be shut down when the player base falls below some critical mass only GOA keeps track of. After that we might get a charcopy to Excal and if you got chars on both servers, you need to make a choice of which ones you want to save. Tough future.

Linking serveral servers would be nice but then they have to shut down your second realm account to stay true to the game's initial ideas of the realm war. Different kinds of poison I guess.

Another interesting topic would be the power game/conflict between those that think they are the top of the crowd on both servers when a merger/charcopy occurs. Duels in irc to solve percieved leadership? :D

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
playerbase is not falling so fast it will be to low anytime soon. many old players become fustrated or bored and say they will stop play, thats nothing new at all, but there is still new people starting to play. also many old account stays since those are used as bots or are given to new players. after NF arrives alot old account will be payed again, when catacombs comes they will be again.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I like to play on pryd cuz its not exca, so please not this merge!

nuff said :p

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Farbaute2 said:
playerbase is not falling so fast it will be to low anytime soon. many old players become fustrated or bored and say they will stop play, thats nothing new at all, but there is still new people starting to play. also many old account stays since those are used as bots or are given to new players. after NF arrives alot old account will be payed again, when catacombs comes they will be again.

yes, but once the bored players find another game, or something else they quit... (wow is one of those games, as alot of ppl will try it, and its very good from the experience i got while playing it)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
ok then you got this situation

8 level 50's on mid excal
3 or 4 on say hibernia prydwen (not me)

you got lots of mls on excal and a few on hib but your bored of mid do you just have 8 level 50's deleted so that you can play your hibby in a more zergy environment.

If they wanted to do that it would turn a lot of people off instantly, making a choice between characters is hard. ALSO we already got the problem of not being able to play all three realms i personally would like an alb alt at least i got mid and hib ones. AS it stands camlaan is the only choice but thats full of ganking tards with nothing better to do than roll leet chars. The carebear doesnt really have much chance they cant really pick a class they really like because you get cut to shreds.

Camlaan isnt viable as a third server.

Dont just think ARPEEEES!!!!! because some people do like the pve aspect of the game and saying "but thats the end game they should all be out their rvring" if you dont like prydwen rvr then roll on excal.

Goa would probbly only do this when prydwens active population gets down to 100 albs ;)

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
I would love it. Sure thing it will be hard to get artifacts and stuff like that but wft can i get more action i emain so go for it :p

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>If they wanted to do that it would turn a lot of people off instantly,

Yes but the moment GOA dont make a profit from running the Prydwen server, ie they lost the critical mass of paying customers, you got two options. First one is to just shut it off, second it to give you a choice, albeit a hard choice, on where you want to continue to play on the Excalibur server. If the loose prydwen players they in a charcopy act they really dont miss anything since their option was to shut it down without doing anything for those players. People that stay is just an added benefit for GOA.

What people seems to miss is that no one outside GOA has the faintest knowledge of where the magic "pull the plug" limit is, Prydwen might stumble around for serveral years with populations smaller than the hibbies got now without problem. If the game would be fun for anyone but the most fanatic players would be another thing. But it would make screams of "Dont add to our fight" in the frontiers superfluous methinks :)

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
this is a great ide..
becuse prydwen will for sure die with the release of the euro version of WoW unless something is done
sure there are done sides, but i whould rather play on a over populated server then play on a server where 10 people play activly..

Solthyann

Fledgling Freddie
I'm for it, in fact Im rapidly reaching the conclusion that it's going to be essential for the purposes of survival of the current Pry population

That said, I can see Mythic/GOA producing a lidt of reasons why it's not possible ;)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
well it is possible. but alla excal players gonna get their pryd chars deleted and all pryd chars are probably gonna get their excal chars deleted. or sumtin like that.

But if I am not mistaken the population on a server needs to be under 1k during peek hours for quite some time before they start thinking of doing anything.

Groag

Loyal Freddie
Shadster said:
Why is it silly may i ask both servers are lacking in some departments people are leaving because of the status of prydwen because of the lack of enemy, lack of groups lack of every thing tbh so please explain why this is silly surley with wow inc soon they need to keep things more interesting ie merg rvr grounds I.e Ligen and cain each have a port and to get to other side you will need to port from prydwen or exc hib land to get to 1 rvr ground and same for each realm

just my 2 cents but im pretty sure it will keep people playing a lot longer and gif people more competition

I wasn't talking about the merging of Frontiers (that's possibly livable with, although I'm not fond of the idea), but the idea of totally merging Excal/Pryd (which is the original suggestion).

There are so many downsides to this it's laughable, most of which have been pointed out elsewhere in this thread. For example, would you be happy to give up your Guild/Personal house because someone on the other server already owned that plot? Would you like to delete all your characters from one server? And the big one (which I don't see metioned elsewhere), would you be happy that you can't play on a particular night because the server limit of 3000 people logged on has been reached already? (Take a look at the server populations on Excal and Pryd at prime time, add them together and they come to over the 3K limit).

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
someone said diff pve zone same rvr zone, do that with 2 toa (1pryd 1 excal) but same si/classic zones, would be lovly imo, we need more action on prydwen in rvr, and then im already done with eq, aint running around toa atm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom