Whats your View?

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
What is your view on Merging Excal and Pryd into one server? Just wondered, its not happening afaik.

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Would make me un-quit \o/
/charcopy excalibur would be nice :| I'd gladly sacrifice all my mid/exc chars to get my hibbies there

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
p0x said:
Would make me un-quit \o/
/charcopy excalibur would be nice :| I'd gladly sacrifice all my mid/exc chars to get my hibbies there

same ^^

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
i think it would kill pve though
most rare arti's get camped like hell, would only be worse really

although i would support it as prydwen needs a bit of RvR infusion.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
sure, but only fair if the prydwen chars got double amounts rp and platina.

Hansemann

Fledgling Freddie
what will happen to the housing zoned ? :D how on earth will anyone get artifacts ? ml7 dungeon would be packed with ppl 24/7 etc. zerg gets bigger too

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Dungeons could be instanced to ease load, most new mmorpgs have instanced dungeons.

Of course we would have to choose which of our chars got deleted as well, would still only be able to play one realm.

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
im pretty sure they could sort some thing out regarding artifects and stuff making it repop quicker maybe more spawn sites and housing well im sure they could sort that easy but imo pry/exc is a gr8 idea

sko

Loyal Freddie
In the reality this would cause more problems than fixing any problems, unecessary expenses and effort from GOA's side for them to even dream about doing it, it would stimulate some players' perverse desire for more rps to farm, but generally I think this is a real joke. Why don't you try to fit 50 people in one telephone booth instead, much more realistic experiment with aproximately the same usefullness as the idea of merging the two servers.

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Wouldnt like that, too zergy.

Imagine how emain would look like, or the frontiers.
Then like some say, ToA would be even more frustrating than it is now.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
i prefer zerg than empty emain atm , i like the idea but there are some problems :

1. what happens with the people who play both server in same account

2. is not fair the ppl from pryd got the same rps( is more hard to get rps in pryd than in excal , due the population ) and money than in excal ( ratios in trade are 1-2 generally)

3. toa zone will be a bit small for all ..

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I wonder what happens if they point the frontier zones to the same clusterserver.
*pokes Requiel*, please go nag the techies about it! *grins*

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
levelling - easier
artifacting - harder
rvring - total german like zerg??
housing - ???????????
same names - ???????????
realm balance - "alb force supreme"???????????????

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Weylander said:
What is your view on Merging Excal and Pryd into one server? Just wondered, its not happening afaik.
I'd love it, more people and prolly more randoms etc to farm. Really would boost population, as 1 full server > 2 half full servers imo.

Blackdeath

Fledgling Freddie
i think it would be good idea, people are worried about Zerg in emain? New Frontiers is out soon and it is a VERY big area, Prydwen doesnt really have enough people for NF atm.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Yep ^^^^

Give merge and boost artifact spawn rate speeds if they do :p

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
i prefer zerg than empty emain atm , i like the idea but there are some problems :

2. is not fair the ppl from pryd got the same rps( is more hard to get rps in pryd than in excal , due the population ) and money than in excal ( ratios in trade are 1-2 generally)
what a bullshit, all money farm u need is: Get a lvl 30 druid to join ur 50 chanter, insta ae greens. and pbaoe em.. sicne 5 sec respam timer u can make 1plat in 2 hours. orso like i did 2day in corus ^^ and gives the druid a pl aswel:D

Juilie

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, excal + prydwen combined still has lower population than avalon some nights, and getting artifacts on avalon was not much harder than on prydwen, dont really think that would be such a problem.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
i personaly think it would be a good idea, but GoA would hafto come up with some sort of compensation for the people that has characters on both servers. maybe free character(s) at the same lvl on the new server, and posibly a cash transfer :)

this is only fiction ofc, GoA wouldnt go trough the truble if there is not a reasonable amount of money to be made. (and there is not in this case)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Doubt it would work; and imagine the zerg-fest.. Would be REALLY a zerg.

Aldoran would prolly love it; Grimster, Jox AND Aldoran o_O

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
They just need to get a few more people onto Prydwen and I'd be perfectly happy. I don't really want to play Excalibur, we might have some dickheads on Prydwen but there's far more over on Excal.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
the problem isn´t that there aint enough ppl on Prydwen. Problem is there aren´t enough ppl RvRing.

Of maybe 450 mids online only 20-30 are RvRing

Lets just face it. Prydwen is the PvE server :D

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh give DAoC into shops around Europe + maybe some advertisment and problem will be sorted... But I suppose that's too much to want :wij:

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
a server merge ---

would have its uppsides and downsides but as many have said here not rvr is pants on pryd and i personally fear that NF will kill prydwen.It might be fun and so on in start but after a month or 2 ppl will drop like flies from server some ppl dont like the "keep takes" some do and 1 fgp wars will be alot less in NF cause when keep takes are going on i doubt its just 1 grp takeing a keep its more like 3-4 or..
would be nice though if somehow RVR sides of excal and pryd could be combined l8er on if not even at start off NF

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't mind, then I could play with pe! :wub:
:drink: :fluffle:

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
Just gif people a choice to switch server then im sure thats not 2 hard ?

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
would be nice, because atm population on excalibur is VERY low to what it used to be, so it wouldnt really be that zergy, and there would allways be options to rvr in alternative zones other than emain (aslong as you have ppl playing).. when i last played on pryd it was very dead, when i last played on exc it was very dead aswell..

population will probably go up the 2 first weeks of nf, then drop down, and probably drop even more once ppl get boored of camping keeps, (and wow being released etc)...

nice thing imo would be to merge pyrdwen/exc, do so you can play all realms, remove relics (this way ppl can play all realms on english servers, and you can also easily have "nice rvr". (an example would be if your an alb, and there are 150 albs out, then you DONT want to be rvring if you are fg orientated, because that force will zerg the shit out of everything, but if you have the option to play both hibb and midd too, you could easily help out the other realms, wich could for once turn into even zerg fights)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom