Whats your View?

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
we're talking about prydwen being empty ... and you suggest having another server ?

aye great suggestion

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Uhm

To me it seems that Prydwen isn't "empty", it's just that the % of RvR Pop against the total Pop is low.
Prolly cause RvR on Pryd is "harder" than on Excal cause of too many high rr groups compared to low-mid rr groups.
Anyway we wont change this situation and i really don't forsee GOA merging servers.

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Like the idea of keeping them apart but merging the RvR, think this would be the best route to take to increase RvR activity. Its just a shame to see so many zones empty in the game, i recently started a new Inf and was going to autotrain Stealth, but there was nobody to group with, the newbie zones are dead, everyone /levels characters now. I can't remember the last time I saw someone completely new to the game and that does not bode well, things are only going to get worse imo. :(

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
You don't understand what I just said..

Yup, just suck horribly at explaining myself, either way it wasn't that important :)

Groag

Loyal Freddie
Merging ANY part of the game still causes one big problem. What happens when 2 people with the same name try to enter the 'merged' area at the same time?

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
As people have already mentioned, the populations aren't a problem, its the number of active RvRers that are a problem. This is because most of the people that RvR are either : RR5+ (although more often 8+), or in an RvR guild (in which case they usually have a character that is RR5+). There's no fun in going out as a fully opted, fully SC'd/ToA'd, well skilled group, just to get wiped out by people who only won because they are 5 realm ranks above you.

Its just a vicious circle - you can't get RvR because you're not a high enough RR, and you can't get any RRs because you can't RvR.

I think they're already bringing in ways of mitigating this, for example by increasing the RP bonuses you get for killing a higher RR player than yourself, but it still will do little to lessen the gap between high RR powergamers, and low RR more casual players (and by that I don't mean the log on once a week people, I'm just talking about people who don't play in Emain all day every day).

We can hope changes will help, but I don't think merging servers would solve the problem, only alleviate the symptoms for a short while.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Jobil said:
Yup, just suck horribly at explaining myself, either way it wasn't that important :)
yourself? ;)
and no wasn't important at all :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom