Misc Whats your OCD?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So I have OCD with time keeping, I am never late for anything and usually end up early. It drives my wife up the wall. I am currently pacing because a mate said he would be round at 7 for pre pub drinks and he isn't here!

So, what's your OCD?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Used to have too many to count. Now, none. And I'm not sure how I did it.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'm not sure if all/some/any of these count as OCDs. If someone puts a ketchup bottle the wrong way up if they have one of those stay clean caps then I am compelled to turn them the right way up. If any lids are left off anything I must put them back on. I like to line things up and make them perpendicular or parrallel: for example if I have some books on a desk I will line them up so that they are in line with the table and the the smaller ones in the pile will be as central as I can make them so that there is equal space on all sides. If I have something in a window on my computer I'll be constantly readjusting it until I'm sure it's as central as it can be. When I walk on paving slabs I tend to line my footsteps up with the edges of the slabs so I'm as close to the crack as possible without actually touching it: I don't like this one though so if I notice myself doing it then I purposely step on as many cracks as I can. If I have something in my hands which can be taken apart then I will constantly take it to pieces and remake it again; usually until I break it or lose a part. For example if I have a pen in my hand I will keep unscrewing it and taking the spring and stuff out and then putting it back together (then I usually lose the spring).

rynnor

Rockhound
OCD is just a label for a more extreme version of activities everyone does - if you do enough of them you might be labelled OCD but fundamentally everyone is somewhere on the spectrum of OCD.

I'm too lazy to be particularly OCD but I do hate being late - I'm constitutionally early to things and get pretty grumpy if I think I'm running late.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Don't get me started..

Corners, lines, dishwasher trays, plate stacked properly etc. etc. I have lots, but they are not really bad any of them. They don't control me in anyway like they used to when I was younger

CorNokZ

Dont click this spoiler if you must align everything on your desk. Your mind will explode and you won't be able to stop thinking about it. That's how I felt when I first saw this picture..

ocd-pencil-559x400.png

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If I power down my PC but leave the monitor turned on, the ON/OFF button flashes a soft neon blue. I can't sleep if its left on. Bizarre. Have to switch the monitor off.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Hoovering. I must Hoover up in the morning before I go to work (yeah nice clean carpet for the burglars) and then as soon as the kids goto bed. The Hoover belt has snapped this week and its going to take a week to get a replacement off Fleaby and it's driving me up the wall

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I MUST have the door closed when I go for a No.2. I can't "go" if the door is open even a crack.
I find myself avoiding the cracks in pavements, only stepping on the slabs themselves.
I had it pointed out to me that I *always* indicate 4 times when changing lane while driving. 3 times seems not enough, 5 times seems too long.

I'm not as bad as some people. I know someone who is simply incapable of going for a pooh anywhere except their own toilet at home.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So I have OCD with time keeping, I am never late for anything and usually end up early. It drives my wife up the wall. I am currently pacing because a mate said he would be round at 7 for pre pub drinks and he isn't here!

So, what's your OCD?
i really hate people that arnt on time.. drives me up the wall .. if you say 7 be there at 7 if not a few mins early to make sure your not late.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
i really hate people that arnt on time.. drives me up the wall .. if you say 7 be there at 7 if not a few mins early to make sure your not late.

Never, ever, move to Ireland. No one is on time. Local time-space is obviously different here.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You're 31 seconds late! OMG! The world's going to end...

Relax! Take it easy. Shag a Cadbury's Caramel Bunny!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not really ocd's, just overcautious no some occasions. Like unplugging sockets before vacation, checking that doors are locked, making sure the cheese in the fridge gets as little exposure as possible.

Must have some for sure, but i do them unconciously and as such they're not really MUST do.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Never, ever, move to Ireland. No one is on time. Local time-space is obviously different here.
its bad all over europe except germany .. drives me up the wall when i have to travel .. and at work for meetings

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Can't sleep with the pc monitor light on either even though it faces away from me and it's not bright at all. Just knowing that it's on keeps me awake.

I just remembered the one that annoys me the most. If I have something important then I have to constantly check that I haven't lost it. For example if I'm going to a gig I will check my pockets every 5 minutes to make sure I still have the tickets. If I have some important work to hand in or something I will have to check that I put it in my bag like 3 times before leaving the house and then every 5 minutes or so on the way to wherever I'm going. Even though I remember putting it there and remember checking I still have to check again in case it was all a hallucination/lucid dream/evil demon/brain in a vat or some shit.

Whenever I'm gonna have a wank I have to look over my shoulder more than once to make sure the door is still closed even though I know 100% that I already closed it.

CorNokZ

Not really ocd's, just overcautious no some occasions. Like unplugging sockets before vacation, checking that doors are locked, making sure the cheese in the fridge gets as little exposure as possible.

Must have some for sure, but i do them unconciously and as such they're not really MUST do.
Oh the door thing.. I know that I have my keys in my pocket, I JUST put them there, yet still I have to put my hand down there and take them out just to make sure

I know they are there, why am I doing this!?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure if all/some/any of these count as OCDs. If someone puts a ketchup bottle the wrong way up if they have one of those stay clean caps then I am compelled to turn them the right way up. If any lids are left off anything I must put them back on. I like to line things up and make them perpendicular or parrallel: for example if I have some books on a desk I will line them up so that they are in line with the table and the the smaller ones in the pile will be as central as I can make them so that there is equal space on all sides. If I have something in a window on my computer I'll be constantly readjusting it until I'm sure it's as central as it can be. When I walk on paving slabs I tend to line my footsteps up with the edges of the slabs so I'm as close to the crack as possible without actually touching it: I don't like this one though so if I notice myself doing it then I purposely step on as many cracks as I can. If I have something in my hands which can be taken apart then I will constantly take it to pieces and remake it again; usually until I break it or lose a part. For example if I have a pen in my hand I will keep unscrewing it and taking the spring and stuff out and then putting it back together (then I usually lose the spring).

I suffer from an OCD that means I can't read anything that's not been formatted correctly. I think it stems from the fact that large paragraphs of text without spacing hurts my eyes :(

I'm too lazy to be particularly OCD but I do hate being late - I'm constitutionally early to things and get pretty grumpy if I think I'm running late.

I hate being early myself. I'd much rather be late. In fact, I hate having to give a shit about time. My bird checked what time it was on her phone when we were out on a nice walk in the country this morning - and it royally pissed me off. I'm in the country to not give a fuck about the rest of the world, thankyouverymuch. :eek:

pikeh

Resident Freddy

So, what's your OCD?

Exactly the same. I'm usually incredibly early for everything!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Utterly devoid of OCD, you can see it in my haphazrad writing.
Couldn't do m yjob if you had it, taking boilers apart, putting back together, saying 'all done mate' and leaving for a good nights sleep.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Too many to count here, but like you Raven exactly the same on timekeeping. I'd rather be half an hour early to make sure there's no problems with traffic etc and sit in my car waiting, than risk being a minute late. And the same if I'm expecting someone here - I will be pacing and staring out the windows. That's even worse for deliveries because they could be here at any time :|

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have to cut my food in to square shapes, and if I can't then I have to cut it in half. only things that are excused are corn on the cob and things that I can eat with a spoon :)

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Dont click this spoiler if you must align everything on your desk. Your mind will explode and you won't be able to stop thinking about it. That's how I felt when I first saw this picture..

ocd-pencil-559x400.png

Fuck, that short-circuited my brain. Damn.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I have to check money is in my wallet when I only just put it in there from a cash machine. Drives me mad! Also our front door never feels like it closes properly so I spend a good 15 seconds pushing and pulling the door to make sure its closed

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
oh yeah, I have another, and it's a variant of the bahu-money-check: this only ever happens in the car; just after I have driven off, I have the overwhelming compulsion to check stuff in my bag. usually and mostly only in situations when I can not spare the time, like on an intersection or something :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The amount of times I check the back door is locked before going to sleep is fucking stupid.

I KNOW IT'S LOCKED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom