Misc Whats your OCD?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Madmaxx said:
guilty of that to :(

Haha then you must surely have walked to the end of your road after not 'properly' checking the door, then thought "Fuck my life" and then gone back to double check haha

russell

FH is my second home
Too many to count here, but like you Raven exactly the same on timekeeping. I'd rather be half an hour early to make sure there's no problems with traffic etc and sit in my car waiting, than risk being a minute late. And the same if I'm expecting someone here - I will be pacing and staring out the windows. That's even worse for deliveries because they could be here at any time :|
I used to have a thing about being on time and I took it as rude when people were late and kept me waiting. Then I had my first kid, I just used to do stuff 30 mins earlier so I could get to places pretty much on time.

Then I had twins (and a 3 year old) first trip out took 45 mins just to get us all in the car. I am now stuck in child time and am always late, some people comment and hate me for it, but I gave up trying and pulling my hair out stressing over it.

Most of my friends are also on childtime and they have understanding -friends without kids or the older generation tut alot. My mum is majorly OCD about being early for stuff, so I revel in taking my time to annoy her;)
This also extends to my house keeping. I used to be so OCD about tidiness, that I once got up at 2am to tidy my cutlery drawer as it wasn't perfect and I couldn't rest easy. All this goes out of the window when you have kids and a filthy husband.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I actually have one nasty one,
When ever I get to High places, I get this strong urge to jump off, but I prefer being alive even more ;)
which is thus also why I'm scared shitless of hights.."being in planes and inside buildings dosnt bother me one bit.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Used to have to touch everything 4 times or I felt sick, anything that was a three or done three times made me feel sick, had to touch the walls and run up the stairs serveral times before bed. Had to open and close EVERYTHING on the computer before using it. Could not even play char in DAOC that have evade three!

Used to scrub my hands till they bled, now just wash them to much, i'm a perfectionist in everything I do to the point ridiculousness. Mega OCD about germs and dirt, but only if I think they are going in my mouth.

/crazy

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Dont click this spoiler if you must align everything on your desk. Your mind will explode and you won't be able to stop thinking about it. That's how I felt when I first saw this picture..

ocd-pencil-559x400.png

Super_FUUU_Face.jpg

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I used to have a thing about being on time and I took it as rude when people were late and kept me waiting. Then I had my first kid, I just used to do stuff 30 mins earlier so I could get to places pretty much on time.

Then I had twins (and a 3 year old) first trip out took 45 mins just to get us all in the car. I am now stuck in child time and am always late, some people comment and hate me for it, but I gave up trying and pulling my hair out stressing over it.

Most of my friends are also on childtime and they have understanding -friends without kids or the older generation tut alot. My mum is majorly OCD about being early for stuff, so I revel in taking my time to annoy her;)
This also extends to my house keeping. I used to be so OCD about tidiness, that I once got up at 2am to tidy my cutlery drawer as it wasn't perfect and I couldn't rest easy. All this goes out of the window when you have kids and a filthy husband.

I could have written that myself, well the having a kid bit not the twins! I was always early for anything I did until James arrived. Now we are never on time no matter how early I start to get us ready. There is just something about having a child which combines to stop time working in the same way!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Checking my car door is locked at least twice, and the front door of the house. Buying things in multiples of 3!
Even the taxi driver I use regularly takes the micky by asking if I'm sure I've got my tickets, passport etc cos he knows, even tho I've just shown him them, I'll check them again!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We have keyless entry on the car and I get paranoid about making sure I don't leave the fob in the car. You don't need to use it to get in the car or start it and logically I know it's not left my pocket but I always have to pull it out and check before leaving the car. Sort of defeats the object of it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jesus, FH is gang of compulsives.
Though I too have urge to jump off tall buildings, that's not OCD.
Oh yeah also I won't hold someones newborn baby, cos a voice in my head starts saying.
'smash it against the wall'

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Used to have to touch everything 4 times or I felt sick, anything that was a three or done three times made me feel sick, had to touch the walls and run up the stairs serveral times before bed. Had to open and close EVERYTHING on the computer before using it. Could not even play char in DAOC that have evade three!

Used to scrub my hands till they bled, now just wash them to much, i'm a perfectionist in everything I do to the point ridiculousness. Mega OCD about germs and dirt, but only if I think they are going in my mouth.

/crazy

There are germs on your finger right now. Three of them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There are germs on your finger right now. Three of them.

Not to mention mouth, eyes, especially peepee, inside etc. What was it, 80% of human body is germs etc? :D

Well not that silly, actually it's like 2.6kg of bacteria. Which is, as bacteria goes, quite a whopping lot. But here's one for germophobes; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_microbiome

Though nothing to do with germans o_O

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Oh yeah also I won't hold someones newborn baby, cos a voice in my head starts saying.
'smash it against the wall'

I refuse to hold babies because I tend to find them disgusting. Oh yes.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I knock on the toilet door even if it is wide open and i can see its empty, I do it without thinking.

I always wear a tucked in T Shirt. If I wear a football shirt un tucked I will have another t shirt underneath tucked in.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Decided to try and leave my dorm room without having to check for my keys as I knew they were in my pants. As soon as I closed the door I realised that I changed pants earlier today..

russell

FH is my second home
Decided to try and leave my dorm room without having to check for my keys as I knew they were in my pants. As soon as I closed the door I realised that I changed pants earlier today..
Bugger!

Calo

Part of the furniture
When i'm walking in a street, I sometimes have the urge to say to myself, 10 secs and I need to get past that streetlight or car or something.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
its not a hinderance in anyway and not OCD but i definatly have cleaner hands than most

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I used to do the back door thing when I was a dope head, terribly like 10 times lol :)

Nowadays I'm a bit obsessed about cleaning, that's all. I beleive in the old adage "if you look after it, it will look after you". My bike is always well clean, to the point where I dont always ride it :(. All my guns are scrupulously clean, and cleaned after every use :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
They were talking about OCD on the radio this afternoon. The things ppl do!

- Getting dressed and undressed 50 times a day
- Getting in and out of the car repeatedly before finally getting in & driving off
- Brushing teeth in a particular way & if not sure done properly, repeats the entire routine (flossing & brushing)
- Showering LOADS of times after going to the toilet - infection thing. Similar thing with washing hands

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
There was another thread on this a while back.

I count letters in words, phrases, and look for numerical patterns. For example, take "Lily loves apples." 4, 5, 6. Totals 15, and then from that, i arrange the letters 3 by 5 or 5 by 3.

"Lilyl ovesa pples." or "Lil ylo ves app les."

I crunch this a few times then move on to other phrases or stuff my eyes come across. Lately i've been doing it less, it usually happens when my brain is not busy doing something else (ie, work or thinking about stuff). As work has been pretty intensive lately, my brain simply skips the OCD, as it already has stuff to process.

Weird, huh? :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I actually have one nasty one,
When ever I get to High places, I get this strong urge to jump off, but I prefer being alive even more ;)

That's not an OCD and is very common. I have it and one of my mates has it quite bad.

For me, it's cliffs. Especially ones with gentle slopes to the edge - really makes me think about the rush of speed as you pitch down. It's weirdly alluring.

As soon as I sit down on the edge I'm fine tho. (Apart from the sloping ones - I just have to stay away).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All my guns are scrupulously clean, and cleaned after every use :)

You have multiple biceps and you have to wash your arms every time you pick something up?

You're a fucking freak, throddy :eek:

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
After locking both the back and front door I have to recheck if I have successfully locked it, several times. Checking if the taps are turned off fully. I dont know why I do these things but I cant go anywhere else till I'm satisfied.

CorNokZ

argh I have this really bad one about corners that I have tried to explain to you guys many moons before and the last time I was just considered a nutcase. I could show you in real life, but it is really hard to explain over the internet, but I'll try anyway, so here goes:

The red line is imaginary, but I never ever step on it. Used to be way worse when I was younger, but now it is mostly when I am alone or if I realise it. The corners are the worst tho, I do that with every single corner, not just street corners.

OCD1.JPG

Hope it makes sense :/

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
thats a pretty good pic to show it, is it like the people that step on cracks as in you'll think its bad luck if you do... or you just plain nuts.

CorNokZ

I don't mind the cracks, it is all about the imaginary lines.. Like every corner shoots out a line from it that I have to step over

Here it is from above:

OCD2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom