Whats wrong with Thane?

E

-ElemenT-

Originally posted by old.Sko
1642 on tank class ?
My infi had 1762 buffed, and i still lacked aug con tough etc when i stopped playing.

That's with selfbuff you muppet. :)

E

Edo_Cotequinho

Well when any mid melee class feel gimp warriors are aways some kind of reference, this is my opinion:

warriors cant run fast
warriors cant hide
warriors cant fenzy
warriors cant hit from distance (thrown is a joke)
warriors cant heal
warriors cant buff
warriors cant cast a single spell

If warriors are not good in melee... why they will play the game for?

O

ormagaa

Originally posted by -ElemenT-
Hitpoints aren't that bad now... 1642hp here.

The class needs a little love yes, but I don't really care what ppl say about Thanes, I love to play him in PvE and RvR.

Does that count with your own str/con buff i suppose.

In normal cases I recieve one from shammie when rvr.
Im 1723/2289 hitpoints (unbuffed/buffed) with. determination3.
Tho im 42 shield, and has always spoken for that specc, now i admit im respeccing 50 shield 1.62

K

Kallio

What about something called...

"Lesser determination"

That would cost more liike, 2 5 7 and take 10% mezz/stun time off. Since the reason I cant get into groups is that "sorry, you dont have det"

S

Sol-

Originally posted by parzi
well thane won meelee champs tourney :p
but without the selfbuff that would not happen. i'd say a high rr thane is pretty usefull and would be ok, but it takes a higher rr to get all the nice stuff that warriors etc can get much cheaper

maybe cuz mikhail wasnt there :m00:

Z

ztyx

Because Thanes can do more than one thing. And all things others can do better. Thanes are gimps in groups.

R

rolf_erikson

Most of the answers here just make me laugh. I played thane since day 1 and im very satisfied with my chooise, surtenly some things could be better aso on Thanes but i think that goes with all classes right or wrong?
About Thanes are so gimped and they always break mezz with Mjöllnir aso is so old and discussed endesly for over a year ago so that is just BS ofcourse their is some people who uses Mjöllnir at the wrong time but the same thing here, dont all classes have probbs with mezz breakers? imo its the player NOT the class.

Saying Thane are worthless and aint worth to be in a group and that they dont add anything to a group in RvR and all that is so lame. Again is not the class is the player. if you prefer not to have a Thane in youre group fine its up to you but plz dont say thanes are gimps and any player that choose a Thane is mentaly ritarded aso makes me wounder if all the issuses are sorted with that persons health. ;)

Anyway all i wanna say is that im very happy with my Thane and i dont regret of my choise and im sure i add something in the RvR-groups im in , and i mean that in a possetive way. :)

So to all of you " Thane haters" hope youre happy with youre chars and consentrate on them and let us Thanes have fun in RvR and plz stop talk shit about Thane`s we dont deserve that.

ROLF ERIKSON

CUTTING EDGE

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by ztyx
Because Thanes can do more than one thing. And all things others can do better. Thanes are gimps in groups.

Like Rolf said, we enjoy the chars and can see their uses. As for the whinging about a Thane winning the champs tourney, but only cause of his str/con buff, well thats part of the char, what we lack in HP we get back thru our buff, thats kinda like saying runies cant duel with the AF buff isnt it, dumb.

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Like Rolf said, we enjoy the chars and can see their uses. As for the whinging about a Thane winning the champs tourney, but only cause of his str/con buff, well thats part of the char, what we lack in HP we get back thru our buff, thats kinda like saying runies cant duel with the AF buff isnt it, dumb.

It is a str/con buff, thanes get extra str from it so they hit kind of hard... It still might mean that thanes do less damage than a normal Fighting class, however thanes are Far from gimped in duels.

:rolleyes:

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by Kallio
It is a str/con buff, thanes get extra str from it so they hit kind of hard... It still might mean that thanes do less damage than a normal Fighting class, however thanes are Far from gimped in duels.

yea OWNS to win duel's ... duel's mean SHIT unless it's sameclass vs sameclass to compare ur sc/spec/ra's etc ... group duel's i would like but this 1on1 thing .. pff waste of time ... :/

p.s thane's r gimped ... give em a boost or change entire class

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Kallio

Dunno why yu quoted me there, i didnt say anything about that?!? :rolleyes:

Duels are pretty pointless, and prove little IMO, its what they do in PvE and RvR that counts.

Originally posted by Zmurf
p.s thane's r gimped ... give em a boost or change entire class
True, we lack something special, something unique. And our epic armour has to be the worst in stats and looks in the game. For a more traditional "Midgardian" type character (Thor n all that) we do lack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom