whats ur view?

S

Shadey

right, i know this is a completely worn out topic but this thread has a bit of a twist. Isn't a whine, but a serious question:

does anybody actually agree with using buffbots? or do you only use them Bcos evry1 else does? plz post ur views, opinions, reasons and any other general comments about buffbots THAT ARE CONSTRUCTIVE! :)

cya all in thid soon,
hugs all around,
Venombladez

T

Thug

Buffbots?

As things are yu just gotta have one. Why?

Duel someone - how do you know they not buffed?

Fight someone - yu buffed - they unbuffed - but how do you know?

Level playing field is for both to be buffed - tis the only way as far as i can see.

No ones fault - tis how the game is at the moment.

No one in their right mind wants to pay for 2 accounts - but this game more or less demands it at the moment.

Sonofsomeone - 24 Dwarf Zerker
Also Certi - 46.5 Norse SB
Formerly Honed - notorious buffed BG1 sb

PS - for some strange reason i luvs my buffbot - at least i got company when levelling my SB!!

G

greatred

<my opinion>
BB's aren't cheating as such, it's just someone using two accounts very effectively.

However, it offsets the balance of the game unfairly towards those that can both afford a BB account and have a computer with high enough spec to run DAOC twice. Unfortunately now that a large number of players use them, everyone else finds themself at a disadvantage - not thru lack of skill or class nerfage.

Personally, I could run a buffbot on my computer, but frankly I don't pay the game seriously enough to justify the expense. Maybe I'll just grp with someone who has a buffbot and scav some buffs - which I have done on occasion.
</my opinion>

T

Thug

Computer spec?

Ok - here is how to do it really effectively - i mean mega fast switching from one alt to another. Uses one keyboard/mouse and monitor only!! By the way the 2nd base unit has a tv out card - a cable runs from it to my downstairs tv - any film i download i pipe straight downstairs to it - hehe - something for you to think about?

Credentials for this? - formerly a computer shop owner and technician.

1. Get 2 base units.
2. 2nd base unit does not have to be as powerful as main server base unit (but the higher it is the less lag)
3. Get a Kvm switch unit off ebuyer.co.uk (feck this site can make u a lotta money)
4. Get a usb data link cable - off same supplier.
5. Blast this is where it gets complicated - download Sygate Manager off download.com.

Christ - forget it - ring me up and i charge u the earth to make it so you can play 2 alts simultaneously.

Fuck sake why are computers so complicated? - well at least i tried!!

Sonofsomeone!

G

Goryk

Not everyone uses buffbots.... Judging from the people I fight, about 75% are unbuffed, and I win 80% of my fights, so well over half the people out there are unbuffed, Even more if the people who are killing me are unbuffed like me (quite likely).

Killing an unbuffed opponent whilst unbuffed is a nice fair fight, as is buffed vs buffed. If I'm buffed though, and the enemy isn't, you've just probably pissed someone off who can't run two accoutns, and deprived yourself of a challenging fight. If I run into a buffed oponent unbuffed, and beat them, it's pretty cool, and I get to /emote spam them without feeling bad :p

The whole buffbot saga is pretty rediculous really. Most people use them to 'level the playing field' (at least in their eyes) whilst the best way to do exactly what they want is for everyone to stop using buffbots... (and you'd save £10 per month to booot!!!) In the end it all boils down to a few people with huge ego's who get off on racking up killing sprees in these sort of games, whether or not it's a challenge to them. Those people are always going to try get the biggest advantage and prevent there ever being an equal playing field, be it by cheating, radar, macros, buffbots whatever...

D

dwali

i´m using 2 acconts...but i mostly use my bb in PvE to take a little of the dmg of my cabby pet....i´m doing Focus pulling in DF pulling 5-6 yellows/oranges easy becuase of bb...it speeds up lvling a little and is a great thing to use as farm.

And i think bbs is a little to much in RvR...it´s about Skills and playing becuase that RvR is....i´m not using bbs in RvR...but will have to start use 1 to have a change as a caster or fight class!

Tha is my opinion..... :p

L

leviathane

buffbots givf an unfair advantage over opposition, though not really true anymore due to most people having 1.

A

Aoln

Buffbots at lvl50 are unfortunately a must, sad that lame people are doing the same for BGs.

O

ormorof

buffbots arent needed in thid, unless you want to wtfpwn everything, which ruins the fun of things :p

Z

Zonder

It doesn't ruin the fun for 12-year old kids that just found out they have a dick.

:(

T

Thug

Dicks?

Zonder you are full of crap m8!

I meet buffed players all the sodding time - so why should i allow myself to get annihilated by them? Tis DAOC game makers fault this is happening and not the players. If they took away the damn buffs in RVR then i would be all forrit. But to be level means you need buffs. Otherwise yu disadvantage yourself in an arena such as Thid where at least 1/2 now are buffed.

I can play unbuffed for sure in Thid - but so wot? Wot the fuck does that prove? You get used to buffs all through levelling. You play according to the buffs.

Thing is i don't moan about meeting buffed players - nor do the other buffed players moan when they get beaten! The only players that moan are the unbuffed ones - SO GET FECKING BUFFED! If you can't afford to get 2 accounts running then play some other sodding game! Otherwise accept it that you will get owned over and over.

IT AIN'T PLAYERS FAULTS - TIS DAOC'S FAULT!!

You think i or anyone else wants to pay for 2 accounts - christ wot a joke!

Sonofsomeone - gimped 24 Zerker

O

ormorof

the point is you dont NEED a buff bot in thid, its not neccesary, ive been doing fine without one so far, i almost killed a buffed inf while unbuffed, i admit that was more luck than anything but it would ruin the fun for me if i annihilated everything (thats why i stopped playing my SZ earlier than cap :p )

and he asked for our views, so its not much good saying their a load of crap regardless of who said it :p

T

Thug

Buffs?

Well i don't really know the answer to all this!

Sure i can roll alts and play Thid without buffing but will have no chance against lots of other buffed players. Just means i will be porting back and forth a hell offa lot more and with far less kills. Or i might well not renew my subscriptions when they run out which i have been thinking of doing. All this aggravation over something that shouldn't be there in the first place is really annoying!

I really stand by my earlier statements though - i will duel anyone unbuffed if i knew they were unbuffed - but how the hell can yu tell?

Sonofsomeone - gimped dwarf zerker

C

Cinwin

Its a shame that Mythic cant make all buffs range dependant. (In a similar vein to Shaman End regen buffs)

Leave your BB at a PK and all your buffs fade away once you're out of range.

Users who are viewing this thread