whats up with the constant serverbase lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
1: It's not bi-directional. Your route to our servers will very likely not be the same as our route to you or to anywhere else.
2: It's not likely a router 'in the middle of timbuktu', there are major datacentres which practically all of Europe gets routed through. Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam and London are the main European ones, if there's a problem with a big hub at one of those places then peopel from all over Europe will experience the problem. Believe it or not but of the most recent lag problems, nearly all have been from outside our network and those problems can only be fixed if we can show the company responsible that they are responsible. They don't react to vague guesses, we have to show them evidence that there's a problem on their network first.

What if I share a connection to the net (via a router), and I can say that I have lag on pryd/excal but not on Glastonbury ? Correct me here if I'm wrong (which might be the case due to alcohol) ? Maybe it's just coincidence all the time, but to me it seems that pryd/excal is always in the front when it comes to standing at the frontline in regards of lag...

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
1: It's not bi-directional. Your route to our servers will very likely not be the same as our route to you or to anywhere else.
2: It's not likely a router 'in the middle of timbuktu', there are major datacentres which practically all of Europe gets routed through. Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam and London are the main European ones, if there's a problem with a big hub at one of those places then peopel from all over Europe will experience the problem. Believe it or not but of the most recent lag problems, nearly all have been from outside our network and those problems can only be fixed if we can show the company responsible that they are responsible. They don't react to vague guesses, we have to show them evidence that there's a problem on their network first.

WoW, Legend of Mir 2 and 3, CoH, CoV, DAOC US all go through these major data centre's... not getting lag on those servers like i am on DAOC EU ;)

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
I see that you're in Denmark so it's most likely that your problems over the last week have been caused by issues with some Danish and other Scandinavian ISPs as evidenced by nearly every pingplot that I've seen so far. The packet loss in OT routers that you mention isn't the cause of your problem or in fact a problem at all. Several OT routers are configured not to return ping requests so they show as 100% packet loss on pingplotters but that doesn't mean they are not working properly.
Why dont you have a look at my pingplot mr. whiseguy.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=186261

dosent really look like a steady 100% block to me. But who knows. Maybe they just return randomly like the rest of the crap we pay money for every month lol.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Corran said:
OK just in, started a pingplotter to record this evening (DR still not here so may not play again anyways) so will send that on if it shows anything

ANyways, this the main problem time i see for last night, hopefully the crappy image host works :p

my.php

That's a Mistral.net problem at 1st glance.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Gahn said:
That fucking node @ Aubervilliers is sadly famous by now -.-
Its allmoust funny, cuz its sad :m00:

Even blizzard are doing a better job atm :eek6:

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Tears said:
"Numerouse people have sent in and posted pingplots yet every time we are asked to do the same surely how many times do we need to do this ? Its clear where the problem is.

How many times do you need to do this? Every single time it happens because nothing indicates that it's always the same problem that's occured. For example when the network admins decide to update the firmaware on a router - that can cause connection problems. It'll only cause it once and at the time though, so a ping plot showing that problem is only going to be useful in solving THAT problem. Sending in a 3-day old ping plot is also not useful at all unless it's one that's been running for 3 days.

DR downloads the cause of the lag? Possible but highly unlikely as the downloads and the servers are on different "legs" of the network and they don't share the same bandwidth.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
DR downloads the cause of the lag? Possible but highly unlikely as the downloads and the servers are on different "legs" of the network and they don't share the same bandwidth.

you need better legs... :)

:m00:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Just curious.. what´s with the lag in Camelot? It doesn´t seem to be "connected" to the general lag that´s happening everywhere. Going around certain corners in Cammy will freeze me up for 5-10 seconds, repeatedly.. every time.
Will this lag go away once the "MUST SEE TEH KING" rush is over?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
[GOA]Erivoss said:
How many times do you need to do this? Every single time it happens because nothing indicates that it's always the same problem that's occured. For example when the network admins decide to update the firmaware on a router - that can cause connection problems. It'll only cause it once and at the time though, so a ping plot showing that problem is only going to be useful in solving THAT problem. Sending in a 3-day old ping plot is also not useful at all unless it's one that's been running for 3 days.

Ho Ho Ho - The BS just keeps on comming

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Ogen said:
Ho Ho Ho - The BS just keeps on comming

Wee I was wondering when someone like you would show up.

Sorry guys, had enough -again- of this place - if you have problems, RightNow is your friend.

/wave

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Grats guys - we are lucky enough to have an added source of information by welcoming the game GMs here and look what you do.

Thread closed, as will other lag whine threads, use RightNow...

... and don't blame me, you brought this on yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom