whats up with the constant serverbase lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
classic server to :( never went so much ld in my daoc time as i did tonite

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, been kicked from game 2 times in 5 mins, and almost went LD 2 other times :(

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Ld'd 3 times in 5mins on glasto.... and i NEVER LD.
this lag is so bad:<

Corran

Part of the furniture
Problems with the server end stated about 19:10. Some packet loss and couple of longish periods of latency. Not been playing but recording pingplot data anyways to continue bitching at my ISP and use DAOC servers for the trace, may send it in to them but always is problems for a day or 2 after a patch.

That said, run your own pingplots and send the info to rightnow or possibly post it in the below link if you cant do that

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=180161

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i imagine its down to the huge amount of badwidth being used by people downloading DR

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
i imagine its down to the huge amount of badwidth being used by people downloading DR

Yep, not everyone went live with DR on the same day.

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Well im just pissed about goin LD with 1 mob left to kill in a TD :eek7:

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive had package loosing the last week. Ofc it turned really bad yesterday, but the yellow "LOSS" lags is allmoust even more annoying.
Wonder when they´l throw away that x486 server :m00: I mean, they´ve had like what? 5 years to learn?

For the record, WoW and BF2 runs perfectly without any lag. Ping plotted daoc, and it showed a massive package loss behind opentransit (goa stuff)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
"HOHOHO HEHEHE THEY MUST HAVE SACKED THE HAMSTER HEHEHE HIHIHHIIH"

etc

<sigh>

I'll go back to sleep now.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Zil said:
classic server to :( never went so much ld in my daoc time as i did tonite

then it have to be bad considering pryd/excals history when it comes to ld's/lag

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ogen said:
Ive had package loosing the last week. Ofc it turned really bad yesterday, but the yellow "LOSS" lags is allmoust even more annoying.
Wonder when they´l throw away that x486 server :m00:

For the record, WoW and BF2 runs perfectly without any lag. Ping plotted daoc, and it showed a massive package loss behind opentransit (goa stuff)
I see that you're in Denmark so it's most likely that your problems over the last week have been caused by issues with some Danish and other Scandinavian ISPs as evidenced by nearly every pingplot that I've seen so far. The packet loss in OT routers that you mention isn't the cause of your problem or in fact a problem at all. Several OT routers are configured not to return ping requests so they show as 100% packet loss on pingplotters but that doesn't mean they are not working properly.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
Runs fine with Cata client, runs pants with DR client especially in TNN.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Killder said:
Runs fine with Cata client, runs pants with DR client especially in TNN.

this is prolly bad computor lag tho :p

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:

Always makes me smile when i see people saying its the server having problems :)

Im sure DAOC is a server cluster as most games are. Take Mir3/Rose online, 25 servers plus for thoses 2 games.

The comment above is probably correct in that they maybe maxing their allowed (paid for )bandwidth.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
I see that you're in Denmark so it's most likely that your problems over the last week have been caused by issues with some Danish and other Scandinavian ISPs as evidenced by nearly every pingplot that I've seen so far. The packet loss in OT routers that you mention isn't the cause of your problem or in fact a problem at all. Several OT routers are configured not to return ping requests so they show as 100% packet loss on pingplotters but that doesn't mean they are not working properly.

Requiel, there have been some packetloss (not much more then usual, and you will always get it now and again) and also last night there a couple of periods of horrible latency. Still at work (See Req- this lot not let me down at last minute like the last offer just before i was meant to come see you \o/ ) but as said above, I try get you a copy of it to see. Though someone will still be in the office when i send it if i do it when i get in, I may stick it up here though incase you gone home for weekend

[GOA]Erivoss said:
ping plots?

And Erivoss, Im sure your a pingplot monster. Most your posts are asking for them that i see :p
I wonder if you devour them and grow in strength and thats why you keep asking for them... Im scared :( Better watch out for this one folks!

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Corran said:
Requiel, there have been some packetloss (not much more then usual, and you will always get it now and again) and also last night there a couple of periods of horrible latency. Still at work (See Req- this lot not let me down at last minute like the last offer just before i was meant to come see you \o/ ) but as said above, I try get you a copy of it to see. Though someone will still be in the office when i send it if i do it when i get in, I may stick it up here though incase you gone home for weekend

stick up here or you can also send to me (erivoss (at) goa (dot) com). I check mails over the weekend too and can phone people if necessary. I cannot do that if I don't have signs of a potential problem somewhere, which in general can only be seen on a Ping Plot.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
excellent
unplayable fucking game, constant laggspikes and ld´s :mad:

Corran

Part of the furniture
[GOA]Erivoss said:
stick up here or you can also send to me (erivoss (at) goa (dot) com). I check mails over the weekend too and can phone people if necessary. I cannot do that if I don't have signs of a potential problem somewhere, which in general can only be seen on a Ping Plot.

Ok, I will do both for you later so that im doing my part to feed your hunger :D

Edit: You will laugh when you see the problems I got with Mistral.net ... Why my ISP uses them i dont know, but they about to lose my custom after the hassle for past 2 weeks with them saying "There nothing wrong with 8-24% packetloss with ping of 3k-11k"

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Everyone in my guild just LD'd at the same time; people from Nottingham, Loughborough, Holland, Sweden, Norway and the Faroe Islands.

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
yeah uk ppl having problems as well, 2 LD in a space of 10 mins with huge lag spikes in between them, ive never lagged as much as this before in daoc.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
its pretty unplayable at the moment. havnt seen the lag this bad for a long time

Gamah

Banned
Absolutly fucking retarded, I AM GOING TO SHOE THE ENTIRE GOA STAFF.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
they should build ping plotter into the game with the frequency this shit happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom