what's up Prydwen?

D

Danya

Originally posted by Piojo
And even then if we do win you can guarantee that we'll get ganked by adds.
you think we don't have problems with this also? :p

Z

zapzap

Originally posted by old.Maronan
What is so funny Zapzap, I have no intention of stopping your playstyle as long as you stay off the fun I have.

I see an increase in RvR activity lately. Alot of people coming out in huge numbers to take keeps and defend them. It is GREAT! Stay away from it if you don't like it. Thats what the rest does about Emain. Nothing wrong with that.

I dont tell u to stop doing anything do I ???
And if u look around at the keep taking U find me many times.
Only 1 telling who to play how and where now is U. Or do I ruin U game anyhow by runing a fg around helping mids when needed ?

Zapsi

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by Piojo
I find it funny the albs crying about how hard it is for them to beat Mid fotm groups.

FFS you guys have stre relics you have good tanks, wtf does hibernia have to fight these groups except for a void eld and pbaoe?

And even then if we do win you can guarantee that we'll get ganked by adds.
2 bard/2 druid/2 bm/2 hero setup ?

P

Piojo

That aint gonna do shit against savage groups or against groups like PE or other good albs that know how to use the stre relic advantage.

Could kill a few randoms but u can do that with mage group easier.

X

Xeanor

will need different setup for a hib melee group ^^

G

grizlasthehero

tbh fadeh we dont talk to any other guilds while rvr's i usual pm person who died ask where ect... but u know where we are 24/7 as theres pe infs/mincers everywhere... so maybe we some times get fgs add but try getting 2/3 infils everyfight, but im just saying the same stuff over n over again :p and Xeanor ur a noob!

O

Ottar

> typical savage/healer group that have 4 savaes, 3 healers and 1 shamen

Umm.. EL normal prime-time group has 6 classes in it. 1 savage. You were saying?

Also, old PE being able to beat so called "savage groups" very nearly every fight with equal numbers kinda proves that there is no theoretical limitation for albion due to their "inferior" classes.

What it boils down to is midgard currently has 5 balanced guildgroups running regularly. Hibs have what? One? Now that PE has semi-retired, they have what? Avalanche? Why and when did midgard start running predominantly ganksquads? Was a month or two after 1.62 neutered zerks and PE started to single-handedly dominate the RvR scene. Was only 1 or 2 midgard ganksquads before that. Now we have 5.

Is so much harder to build ganksquads in albion? PE managed to do it and beat midgard teams most of the time - so evidently its not impossible. Not enough right classes? Roll back a year or so - midgard had almost no actively played RvR shamen, do /who on -all- RvR zones, on a typical night you got 0-3 shamen that wasnt buffbots. Normal headcount of healers in Emain was 2-3. Was real good already if you managed to get 1 healer and a skald in a group.

Roll forward to where we are today. Right now mid gankgroups run with -four- seers, more than you had for whole primetime emain a year ago. So, at some point during last year, midgard has been subjected to severe optimisation as far as class composition is concerned and other realms have not or to a much lesser degree. Why is that? Maybe because as Zapsi suggeseted because too many albs are playing stealthers. My personal favourite theory is its a side effect of active ra's.

Ottar

K

Kraben

Good points there, Ottar.

And welcome to Prydwen frogeaters :) A pleasure seing a upcoming hibernia wich will be alot more active in rvr than it are now :)

X

Xeanor

It's much harder to make a perfect albgroup.

The theurgist in it for example is quite useless until rr7+ when he gets moc/purge/rp and decent mota/wp/mom.

Also 2 clerics can't really keep up with the healing power of the 4 midgard seers until they got RP/MCL2/Purge/BoF/MoC etc

G

Gizor

To <Curse>

You are most wanted, if you are planning to stay here and be an active RvR guild in Hibernia that would be great :)

Looking forward to see you on the battlefield.

O

[Oo]Escape

Originally posted by Ottar
Also, old PE being able to beat so called "savage groups" very nearly every fight with equal numbers kinda proves that there is no theoretical limitation for albion due to their "inferior" classes.

What it boils down to is midgard currently has 5 balanced guildgroups running regularly. Hibs have what? One? Now that PE has semi-retired, they have what? Avalanche? Why and when did midgard start running predominantly ganksquads? Was a month or two after 1.62 neutered zerks and PE started to single-handedly dominate the RvR scene. Was only 1 or 2 midgard ganksquads before that. Now we have 5.

Is so much harder to build ganksquads in albion? PE managed to do it and beat midgard teams most of the time - so evidently its not impossible. Not enough right classes? Roll back a year or so - midgard had almost no actively played RvR shamen, do /who on -all- RvR zones, on a typical night you got 0-3 shamen that wasnt buffbots. Normal headcount of healers in Emain was 2-3. Was real good already if you managed to get 1 healer and a skald in a group.

Roll forward to where we are today. Right now mid gankgroups run with -four- seers, more than you had for whole primetime emain a year ago. So, at some point during last year, midgard has been subjected to severe optimisation as far as class composition is concerned and other realms have not or to a much lesser degree. Why is that? Maybe because as Zapsi suggeseted because too many albs are playing stealthers. My personal favourite theory is its a side effect of active ra's.

Ottar

From all of Albion's players, you can only give the example of one group to say...
-Yes! It's possible to beat savage groups because PE have done it!-

Fader's group is mostly high RR so they have the RAs to compete with mid/hib ganksquads. Random Alb groups have low RR - some with PvE RAs. Maybe if someone puts in the effort Fader did, they could form other alb RvR groups... but it's more likely Albs will start zerging whenever savages enter emain :p

Mid classes are easier to play... in the average 3x healer group, you have 3x CC, 3x demezz. Albs demezz is a cloth caster who dies 5seconds into the battle... apparently minstrels can demezz aswell, but they're too busy flashing around their latest sidi drop to care about anything else! Two of the most important alb classes and they need to be good players. That narrows down group selection to the point where you can run with what you have, or loiter around the apk till it's time to log out

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by Xeanor

Also 2 clerics can't really keep up with the healing power of the 4 midgard seers until they got RP/MCL2/Purge/BoF/MoC etc

Esp when one of those seers also has AE disease. (Which is on a cloth caster for Albion/ Hib.)

Anyway, the evolution in RvR has been v interesting on Prydwen. But it is stupid to complain when people vote with their feet - it's a game afterall, people will stop doing things that are not fun. My guess is that the current situation is partly down to Mythic trying to balance classes using RAs (not just active ones, Determination is a huge factor also) which means that Alb in particular need higher RR to compete, and partly down to Mids having such a super and well-designed support class in the healer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom