What's up Midgard?

L

loxleyhood

Consider the amount of idiots on the boards. You can never be certain.

S

ScarletPinp

Originally posted by Aybabtu
Aye, those Crossbow Armsman's are a bitch!

umm i think he meant polearm... and no thats not enogh giv armsmen LOVE!

K

Khalen

Give more Hibs :) Had some uber fight towards Bolg with 4 FG hibs vs 1 FG albs :) We were fighting 2 FG and we did quite well until another 2 added. But boy did they have a hard time with chanters all low on power and being MAed :)

Was very nice fight and I hope both parties loved it!!! So bring more I like those random groups a lot too... Same goes for mids bring more middies, more randoms etc. etc. Only seen I think 15-30% of mids population I think rest are all PVEers...

A

AbPoon

Hibs got alot of active RVR guilds
Albs got lots of zerglings
Mid hasnt got either

P

Pandemic

Originally posted by xajorkith
What's up Midgard or Is Hibernia on Steroids?

Last week RP (*1):

Hibernia 31,926,615 (37%)
Albion 29,796,145 (35%)
Midgard 23,425,860 (28%)

Just goes to show Savages ain't doing that much for Midgard, on those stats I think they need a boost :)

Have "Emain Guilds" killed off RvR for non Emain guilds?

Lack of Healers and Skalds?

Mids getting bored of Emain?

Hibernians ate Weetabix?

Hibernians ate Magic Mushrooms?

Who knows ................

(*1)
http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/generalstats.php?server=Excalibur&realm=

hibs in past month are only running as 3-4 fg's guilds such as vgn, la and cf are especially doing this (1 fg each and zerging together)

mid are running in seperate 1 fg and getting laughed at in irc by above mentioned hibernian guilds for being stupid rp cows

active number of middie rvr players has had a steady decline for a while now and will continue amuses me that we are still regarded as a force in rvr due to the savage class when the reality is very different

Z

zelur

Midgards RvR is a sinking ship imo. But i dont care much anyway, just want WoW so I can leave.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by zelur
Mids r getting tired of emain cause albs always have 120+ players there while we have 40+ & sometimes 60+.

problem is midgard always has DF so lvl50 albs go emain cos theres nothing else to do imo. on the flip side midgard seem to be diamond seal/pl junkies meaing alb emain population is unusually high and mid emain population unusually low.

hibs zerg fuck outta emain every night with a far smaller population than u guys got... sort yourselves out, create some more rvr guilds and fgs stop quitting when u get zerged one time.

the alb emain cg doesnt help, tend to get crap like '1fg mids leaving mpk' and 6x 1fg albs race to the scene leading to a shit time for all. contrary to what our enemies may think albs do tend to split up alot and tour in 1fg just that the zone is too small to cope. combined with the constant use of cg leads to very few fair fights.

looking forward to WoW for a number of reasons and more 1fg action in emain is one of them ;)

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by loxleyhood
How in the name of God are scouts overpowered you crazy little moron?

they are ;)

if they are in the right place, they can render a caster useless for the whole fight ;)

U

uglymug

Originally posted by K0nah
problem is midgard always has DF so lvl50 albs go emain cos theres nothing else to do imo. on the flip side midgard seem to be diamond seal/pl junkies meaing alb emain population is unusually high and mid emain population unusually low.
interesting (i mean that .. not sarcasm) .. and you could well be right

a simple solution could be if albs had a bit more pride when it comes their own frontier ... in my experience albs hardly ever show up when one of their keeps is taken ... instead relying on taking hibkeeps for access to DF

perhaps if more albs spend some time defending their frontier they too could have DF some more .. resulting in more high lvl mids free to do some RvR instead of farming/pling..and possibly more albs in DF and less in emain

(just a suggestion..not a whine or anything ;))

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by xajorkith
What's up Midgard or Is Hibernia on Steroids?

Last week RP (*1):

Hibernia 31,926,615 (37%)
Albion 29,796,145 (35%)
Midgard 23,425,860 (28%)

Just goes to show Savages ain't doing that much for Midgard, on those stats I think they need a boost :)

Have "Emain Guilds" killed off RvR for non Emain guilds?

Lack of Healers and Skalds?

Mids getting bored of Emain?

Hibernians ate Weetabix?

Hibernians ate Magic Mushrooms?

Who knows ................

(*1)
http://www.duskwave.com/daoc/generalstats.php?server=Excalibur&realm=

no it just goes to show that all the savages have gone back to school now.

F

-Freezingwiz-

RR:...Alb...Hib...Mid...Total

RR3...917...557...826...2,300
RR2...1,344...807...1,147...3,298
RR1...6,995...3,623...5,252...15,870
RR0...13,004...8,169...9,206...30,379

ALB HAVE MORE LOW RR !!!
:bazbeer:
w000t... erhhmmm
:m00:

S

Soromaar2

kinda agree whith konah there, lots and lots of DF farming think many whent to alb/hib///pry too

and all good grp has vanished

A

Amadon

1 month down the line Ardamel will do another 5 am relic raid on the pretenses that Midgard morale is low.

G

Garbannoch Nox

- Hib has more (active) RvR guilds than both mid and alb
- Hib random groups perform better than alb and mid random groups (from what I have seen)
- Hib has better tools to combat zergs (usually 2-3 pbaoer per group) (the last few days of RvR was like this: run to emain, meet alb zerg, kill 2-3fg of the zerg, either get away or get wiped by more albs; this is not fun but gives shitloads of RPs which could explain the high hib RP earning)
- Hib groups are very flexible: you can have very different group setups and still be successful. Mid has only one group setup that is built around healers and savages. Not sure but I think in the long run many mids will get bored - and maybe it has started already...

F

Flimgoblin

Most of the mids are in DF - millions of the buggers when you finally get it off them.

Then once you've killed them they're off to take keeps to get DF back :)

go somewhere else for a change, let albion have DF and there'll be much less of a zerg in emain - that way you have balanced amounts of zerging ;)

S

Shagrat

well all i can say is roll on savage nerf. at least then some mids other than those in 4 classes (skald, shammy(aug/mend only), healer(pac only usually), savage) will actually get a chance of getting an RvR group and not end up left out cause of not fitting the "perfect group".

The situation with this in Midgard at the moment, is completely and utterly ridiculous. It's losing us keeps and recently it lost us relics.....

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Shagrat
well all i can say is roll on savage nerf. at least then some mids other than those in 4 classes (skald, shammy(aug/mend only), healer(pac only usually), savage) will actually get a chance of getting an RvR group and not end up left out cause of not fitting the "perfect group".

the only class which doesnt fit into mid rvr group is thane, all others can easily get a group
even hunters/sbs can team up by themselves

as long as you have aug/mend healer, pac/mend healer, shaman, skald, you can fill in rest 4 spots whatever you like
not just fotm savages, but can play around pbae also (need 2 sms thou), few examples we did recently:
sm, sm, warr, warr - worked ok
sm, sm, supp rm, zerk - worked very well
sm, sm, 3rd healer, savage - worked well too
sm, sm, bd, supp rm - was a blast ^^

sure 3 savages is easier to handle
but it's all about fun, and sm groups are way more fun than savage groups :)

The situation with this in Midgard at the moment, is completely and utterly ridiculous. It's losing us keeps and recently it lost us relics.....

the thing is that everything starts from emain
all this keep defence, relic defence etc etc
it doesnt start in malmo, it doesnt start in df, it doesnt start in tg, it starts in emain
so, the sequence is not "lost relics => lost emain", but "lost emain => lost relics"

S

schinkaar

Not sure about how many rvr guild hib have, guessing AR/VGN/LA/CF/TDMM/IG prolly forgot someone but compared to mids CE/RG/BC/JH/NP(?)/Pandora (again prolly forgot someone) the amount of RvR guilds is the same. However i think JH/NP/Pandora dont do more than a few hours emain per night

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by Shagrat

I promise you no aug/mend shaman would fit in a perfect grp :)

A

Antedeluvian

Re: Re: What's up Midgard?

Originally posted by old.m0000
no it just goes to show that all the savages have gone back to school now.

C

CBH_Popov

I'm a bit out of the loop but it looks to me like they may finally have stopped people using radar :great:

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by uglymug
a simple solution could be if albs had a bit more pride when it comes their own frontier ... in my experience albs hardly ever show up when one of their keeps is taken ... instead relying on taking hibkeeps for access to DF

perhaps if more albs spend some time defending their frontier they too could have DF some more .. resulting in more high lvl mids free to do some RvR instead of farming/pling..and possibly more albs in DF and less in emain

(just a suggestion..not a whine or anything ;))

Why should albs be responsible for boosting midgard's rvr?

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by zoia
I got into one of those groups with 3 savages one day.
Assisted as best i could, but most of the time the target was dead before i even got to it.
Maybe i got in a couple of DDs if lucky.
Think i started hitting my own targets, just to have some fun. :p

:clap: hahaha :clap:

ps: bah, not willing to read more (for now at least)

B

Blazor Meneth

Problem with random grps in mid (emain) is that if you don't kill 5fgs the first run someone will drop the grp and do something els :p

I'm maybe a little harsh but thats kinda the way it is. :(
Give kallio back so he can build those superb random grps!!

K

Khalen

I've seen some very good responses of people. One recent development I've seen also is that some people really want a change of scenery. And playing another realm on same or other server. I'm glad this isn't another flame thread but one with some normal discussion in it :) Keep it up guys/girls :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread