Whats the worst thing that can happen to your guilds name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.Forever

I got the same problem: everyone is using my name! Everyone is saying: forever this and forever that and i know for a fact that they r not talking bout me!
Now who r those imposters?? Burn them! Burm them all!!

:D :D :D :m00:

O

old.Spug

he's only bumped it, after being pointed to their homepage, which is now claiming they've always been the GM's, and set the guild up in beta.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Vell
...These people are going round excalibur claiming to be the original Purple Warriors from Beta, and that is bad of them. Although I didn't take logs of my conversations with various officers and the GM of the guild, I can guarantee that they are doing it. They are using the reputation of PWG to recruit new members, by saying they were the first ever guild in Open Beta, and by fabricataing stories of what they have done in the past.

I was a member of the real PW, during beta, and at the beginning of release, and left to play on Hibernia with the Artisans of Willow (which, incidentally, I have also now left). When I saw some people running around on Excalibur Mid with the name <Purple Warriors> floating above their head, I was like huh? At that point, I spoke to one of the officers about their guild - why they chose the name PW, and he gave me the whole 'we were the first guild ever' story. I then reported it to the original PWG on their forums (Yes! I am the spy! Oh shame on me!) and used several alt characters to piece together the whole story.

These guys are imposters, and should be exposed as such. That is the point of this thread. We know that we cannot force them to change their guild name, but we can make sure they feel suitably embarrased to have stolen PWG reputation.

Please post examples of me "fabricating stories" of what I have done in the past.

Please post examples of us recruiting by saying we're the first ever guild.

Please post the conversation you had with the officer who told you Excal PWs were the first guild.

Oh, you "didn't take logs"...?

I just got home from a long day at work to see this stuff.

I am a GM of Excal Purple Warriors, have been for about 4 or 5 months, and am proud to be one - we have only one rule, "be nice and have fun".

If you're going to accuse me and the guild of which I am now co-GM of anything, then you can have the good grace to log into Excal and PM me or any of my alts (listed in my sig) to talk about this. Don't accuse me of stuff when you've never even talked to me. I have met Geir IRL, just a few days ago when he was over from Sweden, and a nicer, more fun-orientated, and less bullshit-prone man would be hard to find.

I will gladly accept the verdicts of any who have genuinely played with me/grped with me/gone on raids with me/gone on raids I've organised as to how I act within the game.

S

svartmetall

"Do me a favour and edit your sig so it's clear that you're a GM of the Excali Purple Warriors.

Thanks."

A personal message I got here, from Hufner, on April 7th.

I happily complied so there would be no confusion.

Did I do that because I'm a powergaming impostor? I think not.

O

old.Spug

Perhaps you would prefer I quote your webpage?

very well, I will...

(quote taken from www.purplewarriors.net)

The guild Purple Warriors was founded by Geir in the beta, he founded the guild with his sons and a few close friends. And the guild is slowly but steady adding new members to it's guild rooster. The guild leaders in Purple Warriors Is Geir, Lacelot and Pihls. We have a few Generals and officers to help our members. The guild has no rules, we go by common sence. And we value each member as high as anyone in the guild, the titles in the guild are not many.

O

old.Spug

and please note, the original thread is from Apr 2002, not 2003

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by old.Spug
Perhaps you would prefer I quote your webpage?

No, I'd prefer it if you talked to me in-game, like I said.

I'll be talking to Geir and the other GMs about this too, think he's back from his holiday and home again hence online.

O

old.Spug

Well, much as I would like to speak to you in game about this matter, I'm afraid thats not possible, short of deleting my alt's on exc. feel free to email me however, or MSN me. PM me if you require the details.

P

PaqMan

Hello all..

I have a problem.. It seems 2 different PW's exist on different servers and there's an argument around it wich include a fair bit of hard words and so on..

Where do that leave us, who joined the guild later, and have no idea about any of the 2 PW's histories and the argues around it?

I am now afraid that people who know me as the characters I play(se sig) will look down on me, treat me bad or basically make MY life on daoc a miserable time because of a fight between 2 guilds with same name...

And all because I as a newbie joined the guild who invited me..

I have liked it in PW/Excal this far. They are very nice and helpful. But I'd hate to be 'spitted at' because there's a 'bad history' or disagreements around who is right/wrong about PW..

Please enlighten me...

N

-Nuked-

why is this such an issue btw? or are we just post farming and making it look like we care?:m00:

L

lofff

Well i kinda understand the original poster points, perfectly. And thats a year old thread, not any post farming, polite and informative, but guess sum of the whiners above didnt bother to read the thread.

Exca PW are clearly trying to "steal" a reputation (check their webby..), it isnt a big issue itself but imho they could have done better with a new, own reputation. That Geir dude seems to b really low ^^

N

-Nuked-

ah its a bump :p sorry i got bored after reading 10 or so! :m00:

O

old.Spug

as the man says, it is, to others, not a huge issue, in fact, had someone who had been in Beta, in Purple Warriors, asked if they could set up a guild on Excal, we would have said "go for it" they'd have known the Purple Warrior mentality, and how the guild had worked. But for someone with no ties what-so-ever to set up the guild, with a different set of standards, this is what we objected to. However, after speaking to the GL a year ago, and despite him not thinking he'd done anything wrong, he agreed that they had taken the name, but wouldnt be changing it, yet would stop claiming to be the Purple Warriors from Beta.

yet, would appear he's not made good on his word.

H

Hufner

Originally posted by svartmetall
"Do me a favour and edit your sig so it's clear that you're a GM of the Excali Purple Warriors.

Thanks."

A personal message I got here, from Hufner, on April 7th.

I happily complied so there would be no confusion.

Did I do that because I'm a powergaming impostor? I think not.

And I appreciated that.
I've talked to Pihls in your guild as well, no problems there.
Still ticked me off when someone linked me to your webpage to read the claims made there.

As to new members of the guild - I wouldn't worry, not your fault. Noone will think less of you, all we want is to have PW/Excal to be honest about who they really are. They are probably a good group of players, and friendly as well - just don't make false claims please.

T

Tasans

Originally posted by svartmetall
I am a GM of Excal Purple Warriors, have been for about 4 or 5 months, and am proud to be one - we have only one rule, "be nice and have fun".

Then you wouldnt know because the thread is 11 months old.

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by old.Spug
Whats the worst thing that could happen to your guild you may ask? after spending years building its reputation through various MMORPG's?

well, a friend jumped onto Excal midgard a short while back, and sent me an email saying theres now a Purple Warriors running there...

Had we been asked if there was a chance they could start a chapter there, then we probably would have said yes, but this is just blatant stealing of reputation.

who the fuck cares about prydwen?

O

old.Spug

Re: Re: Whats the worst thing that can happen to your guilds name?

Originally posted by old.m0000
who the fuck cares about prydwen?

real men. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom