Whats the point of legendary bows

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Just wanted to raise what I though was an unnaceptable issue for archers with regards to legendary bows.

a) I really struggle to see the point a Bow that does melee resist based damage that debuffs nrg, cold, heat, or spirit.

b) has stats which make unpractical to intergrate into a template and highly unpractical to intergrate into a template with legendary melee weapons.

These legendary weapons based on their difficulty to make should at least be usefull for all classes.

Basically assassin classes can really make use of legendary weapons and get nice benefits from using them.... Rangers who know about building effective templates will not use them.

Its just something thats easy to fix with some common sense and minor stat changes but i cant see it being fixed for years.

Please mythic if your going to introduce a great concept like legendary weapons dont isolate a class from using them with silly factors like the above.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fix the stat problem by removing the +con on offhand legendaries with +CD/DW/LA (this will also make 2Xmelee LW and 1 LW bow viable for rangers)

Fix LW bows so they do elemental damage type like melee weapons do.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
oh and tbh i think the reason legendary bows dont do elemental damage was based on a technical hurdle. Ie the items which determine the type of damage u do is the arrows not the bow. Rather than address this it looks like they just thought, "fook it, just stick em in as dey are, its too complicated to change the code to disregard arrow type with LW bow and do elemental resist based damage"

tbh theres no other reason than the one I stated above that you would make the system for LW bows so utterly gimped.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Legendary bows should have dex instead of con for a start, its shitty that you lose so many hits when you switch from bow to melee, just like the dragon bow with hits/str on, i really dont think they research things properly sometimes

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer its just bad that theres all these gr8 melee weapons around that really benefit a player to have.

but with bows (even post toa) your best bet is still MP 5.5 (With a handful of TOA dropped bows also vaguely viable if you are prepare to work around stats that just shouldnt be on bows.)

but legendary bows arnt even close to useable (ie they are gimped). and the 2 artifact bows we have are dudds that arnt worth lvling.

:( alas

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
imho, the best dropped bow Ive seen is the Duskwood Immolated Bow stats are:

+3 Stealth, +3 Longbow, +19dex/quick

+10% dmg/range vs Humanoids

-5% thrust resist proc ( Think that works on your total thrust resistance ie 5% of 26[if ur capped resist is 26])

16.5 DPS 5.8 Spd (Slowest bow in the game afaik) 99% qua

So, tbh, not that bad, and looks cool too

censi

Can't get enough of FH
thats one of the viable ones. yes

but the real point of the post is whats the point of making legendary weapons that debuff their own damage type, when legendary bows dont do that. its just wrong and needs to be fixed along with the other issued raised here.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:

-5% thrust resist proc ( Think that works on your total thrust resistance ie 5% of 26[if ur capped resist is 26])

Unfortunately that humanoid does not mean RvR. But yes, this bow is awesome for crit shots.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Greatest shit on Legendary Weapons/Bows are the Random Quality, u payin if u get everything 2 Material Price 4 800g, needed 1.2p 4 it and got this Fu**in Bow with 94% Quality. Thats Sux More than the Shity Stats.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
It is Mythic being complete and utter noobs again.
You would not really expect them to give any loving to the archer class at all, now would you?
Mythic hates archers, I guess cause one of the big bosses there gets ganked by an archer once while he was afk. He felt that as he was playing his savage, he should not be able to die.
Regards, Glottis

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
bows debuff for more than other weapons and helps other players do more damage with leg. weapons

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Ocalinn said:
bows debuff for more than other weapons and helps other players do more damage with leg. weapons
Oh, so now you want stealthzergs?

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
I really fail to see how rangers are in any postition to complain :eek7:

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
Greatest shit on Legendary Weapons/Bows are the Random Quality, u payin if u get everything 2 Material Price 4 800g, needed 1.2p 4 it and got this Fu**in Bow with 94% Quality. Thats Sux More than the Shity Stats.
what he said

LW are crap, artifacts are crap...i'm just hoping for some nice qua rog drops (none yet :mad: )

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
I really fail to see how rangers are in any postition to complain :eek7:

They use their bows on occasion, if they are too far to go for straight melee, they have no option really.
Regards, Glottis

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I saw something on VN whine about the legedenary bows... they proc about 50% of the timer ^^

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Dafft said:

afaik drops of the ml1.1 encounter on fire island, i really want this bow but not getting it any time soon, dont even know if its dropped yet on hib

givf legendary crafted arrows tbh...would make more sense to have elemental arrows forged from the:

1. Heat of the desert = Heat
2. Cold of the Ocean Floor = Cold
3. Essence of the Forest = Spirit
etc etc....

bows as leg weps are poo... make arrows more useful... :clap:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
legendary bows proc more often than the legendary weapons to make up for not debuffing for their damage.

However you'll help your groupmates (assuming you have friends ;)) with their legendary weapons.

or if you have a melee one of the same damage type.

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
oh yeah..cus hunters always have a place in a midgard rvr group

:eek:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
still sounds fishy to me.

I mean the whole point is you debuff your own damage type (which is top class) in exchange for potentially bad quality and bad stat weapon.

You aint gonna make that trade off as an archer to debuff someone elses damage type ffs.

censi said:
still sounds fishy to me.
You aint gonna make that trade off as an archer to debuff someone elses damage type ffs.

you would if you were duo'ing with someone else, i.e a real stealther, you pop up pin cushion target, he runs for YOU your mate pops and beats the living sheeet out of him cos hes debuffed thanks to you... make a nice combo if people werent so focused on me me me , my rps , my rps...etc.. :twak:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
make a nice combo if people werent so focused on me me me , my rps , my rps...etc.. :twak:
OR it could be that stealthers are (supposed to be) soloers by heart, and not run around in duos (or FGs, as Hib stealthers often do).

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
First of, your probably right and I know afew hunters who said most tg bows are a joke and I can't see how thats changed much with toa but there are ofcourse some bows that are worth while putting in template, but honestly this isn't just a "archery class" problem, when you think of doing your good template for a cleric healer etc another problem come that i've noticed with alot of overcapping in pie (acuity) because all items have +pie it seems and then there is the +str or +all magic witch gives loads of utility but isn't really worth it anymore.
Just an example is the Sidi cleric hauberk

Celestial Warchain Hauberk
102 af, 100% quality, 35% bonus
+4 magic, +22 str, +22 pie +40 hits
180 pt self heal proc

with the best reactive proc for a cleric even after toa (Imo), and if your unlucky with rest of the template and get lots of +pie that chest is basicly just giving you +40hits, sure +22str is nice for carrying things but its nothing you want capped on a toa suite and +11 enhance can be hotswapped at atk when buffing.

Tho I do understand that rangers have even more difficult with more required stats more skills and finaly now the +% stuff that are needed to fit in.

Belomar said:
OR it could be that stealthers are (supposed to be) soloers by heart, and not run around in duos (or FGs, as Hib stealthers often do).

yeah but this game is supposed to be about co-operation, can be a truly solo game or we'd all sit in our houses crafting and doing PvE... Duo's i dont mind cos it takes some coordination to make a good Duo...stealth zergs on the otherhand are just lame stealth assist trains...no skill involved... and by Duo i dont mean 2 infils or 2sb's etc..i mean a ranged class and stealther...i think there should be benefits for grouping with a ranger type class...although these bows arent it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Belomar said:

Becuase you never see any epic wearing retarded infs at amg/mmg, maybe they call solo 8 people in alb like a typical alb fg is 62 people. all realms zerg albion make it an art form. Get over it

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
i agree tbh

they could have done something really cool with elemental damage bows, like making the arrow look like an ice ball or a fireball or something (lesser effects so not too much lag, but a firey arrow for a heat legendary bow would be sweet)

but no instead they just cba it seems....

censi

Can't get enough of FH
well its not even as good as cba tbh. its just unuseable.

u wont see any rangers using legendary bows in RVR unless they change them.

the real point is that this seems a bit of a cover up when they say working as intended because it isnt.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
well its not even as good as cba tbh. its just unuseable.

u wont see any rangers using legendary bows in RVR unless they change them.

the real point is that this seems a bit of a cover up when they say working as intended because it isnt.

And ofc you know more than them, what they intended with their game :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom