PC Master Race What's the greatest not the latest?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi folks - I know you guys have alot more knowledge than me on these things, so I am wondering where is the bang for buck sweet spot on GFX cards right now (though I realise the market is a bit fucked!). I am currently running a Radeon RX 570 series with $gb memory, but might flash some cash if worth doing so. No unusual requirements really, I don't run insane resolutions or anything like that.

Cheers!

Syri

FH is my second home
To be honest, you'll struggle to get anything at the moment. It seems that the price gouging has rolled back through the entire market, so even previous ranges are seeing massively inflated prices. In theory, if RRP prices were actually being held, the best value for money card is probably the Geforce 3060ti, as it's a decent price (again, in theory) for the power it's got. It should retail around the £400 mark, but currently they're going for around £800 or more, if you can find any on sale.
Because of the prices going up so much, it's bumped up all of the lower cards as well, as people are desperate for anything they can get hold of, so even cards like the Geforce 1650 are going for over £250, and that's about on par with your 570... Unless your card actually expires, it's really not worth changing it at the moment unless you're really REALLY lucky watching for stock coming in, and have a really fast finger for clicking that buy button.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks Syri, seems sound. I'm guessing the situation is the same everywhere, i.e. no mileage in getting someone to buy in Poland or the US for example?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thanks Syri, seems sound. I'm guessing the situation is the same everywhere, i.e. no mileage in getting someone to buy in Poland or the US for example?
Global. The usa is even worse now cause they got tariffs added from china now.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It's madness in the USA. I paid $760 for my GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER back in May. The same card is now $1,249! I could re-sell it and buy a 3070 and still have over $500 left over. If any were stock, that is. Not a single nVidia RTX 30 card to be had anywhere.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Most the shortage and inflation is coming from crypto miners, although the driver for the RTX 3060 halves the hash rate thus making it less appealing it has already been cracked. I suspect if Nvidia bring out their dedicated crypto cards in the future then they'll also have to add hardware to future RTX cards to make them less appealing to crypto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom