Whats missing in orvr

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
Death of Immersion: "Look at this nice sword! I dont need my old one, you can have it ... hmm its stuck to my hand! Ah its loose ... I just dropped it ... wtf it disintigrated?". One thing is a good economy system, I agree its a challenge, but bound equipment is a crutch we all know it.

Not back on topic ORVR! hehe:
Did anyone muster a raiding party to gank enemies in their own territories yet? Destroy some PQ parties to hurt the pve fest? I go sometimes but it seems everyone would rather level ... fair enough I guess. Maybe ORVR needs more aggressive rvr enthusiasts :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
tonight the same keep in dragonwake changed hands like oh 6 times in about 80 mins, orvr on KEP has come down to gold bag farming.

could you ever imagine this happening on daoc ? a few times sure, but not looking at the map & thinking i was colour blind red blue red blue red blue was like havin disco lights on my map.

very sad as it was, after being involved in 1 of the ahm "sieges" i decided to go the wombscum of rvr, SP. Least thats not imho coming close to breaching the CoC & usually has equal numbers.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
If the orvr would be the same it was on open beta :( bit zergy but good fun aswell.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Agree with most of the comments. Regarding Scenes I think these should stay but not for lvls 1-39 only as they are a quick way to XP up for those that don't like endless questing or grinding stupid PVE mobs.

Siege pads are stupid. DAOC did this perfectly with siege hooks inside and anywhere you damn well please outside.

Why can you only enter through a door. Breaking down walls for mutiple points of entry was a great idea in DAOC. They give us cannons, what are cannons for?

I think gaining entry into the keeps needs to be made a fraction harder. More roaming guards at higher levels. At the same time they need to rethink the inside of the keeps the one slope just doesn't work well. It needs to be a fraction easier once inside.

Syri

FH is my second home
Whats missing in orvr? me! to be corrected on saturday though ;)

I'll sort out a proper answer once i've had chance to experience it :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
DAoC had 'our land' and god forbid any smellies should enter it.

WAR has 'shared land' which doesn't generate the same feeling of attachement. I don't much like the 'shared' areas like this.

Zede

Part of the furniture
DAoC had 'our land' and god forbid any smellies should enter it.

WAR has 'shared land' which doesn't generate the same feeling of attachement. I don't much like the 'shared' areas like this.

how can this ever be fixed ? Only with a "New Frontiers" type expansion, and anything like that is years away.

when something cannot be fixed, its officially FUBAR

which does not bode well

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
how can this ever be fixed ? Only with a "New Frontiers" type expansion, and anything like that is years away.

when something cannot be fixed, its officially FUBAR

which does not bode well

Possible tho, most pairings have one keep of each racial type, they just need to figure out how to better segregate the areas...IF this is the answer, which im not sure it is.

I think the point of the pairings is that all that area is contested constantly, it's a battleground where good meets evil (so to speak). As such, both factions claim ownership and no-one actually owns any of it by right, you have to fight for it.

Somehow advancing the DAoC thinking of "This is our land, defend it!" too "This land will be ours, we will take it by force and lay claim to it, and heaven help anyone who tries to take it from us".

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I would much prefer the degradation of items and them not be BoP (ala DAoC) than BoP and no degradation.

I'll echo most of the other comments people have made about the keeps, RvR zones etc. There is a lot of things that I would love to change but know they will never happen, I just hope they do something to encourage more fights and less pve in pvp areas

Tagatha

Fledgling Freddie
1. more things to do within the orvr zone that doesnt need a zerg, eg "holy ground" gives morale bonus, a local village reduces time to operate siege weapons, a well gives you clean water and a health bonus etc
2. more keeps in the zone
3. a third realm (Daoc having 3 realms was the best idea in gaming I have ever seen, Good Vs Evil is so 80s)
4. One larger zone (not make all zones larger for rvr)
5. rewards that benefit rvr in rvr

Ormorof

FH is my second home
oRvR has been great fun for me, yet the incentives are still lacking somewhat;

- the renown point timer thingy "this player has been killed recently and is worth no renown etc etc"

this worked great in DAoC when it took 10-15 minutes to get back into the battle because by the time you got back (or they did) the timer would have reset and everyone was RP happy! but when you are fighting in a keep right next door to both factions warcamps you get renown for the first time they die and after that you get almost nowt! so its still faster xp and RP via scenarios (which seems to lead to people doing lots of oRvR then sitting in scenarios for a while before returning, is annoying when at one point you have a full WB then suddenly no one :p )

- keep sieges and keep lords
again, the idea that the keep lord shouldnt be able to be dragged all over the shop is great, however when it randomly seems to run off and heal itself back to 100% is very frustrating, this happened last night where the guy he was beating on got knocked back off the wall, keep lord then retreated and ended at 100% again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom