what you think 1.71 will be!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
vintervargen said:
take it easy man.

are you really gonna judge NF after its first weeks on US?

nice of you to respond to what I didn't say rather than what I did... anyway at the risk of sounding like a broken record:

NF looks superb.

Some tanks are whining they have nothing to do inside keeps other than run siege equipment that everyone else can do - that's a reasonable whine, though they can leave the keep and fight the supply lines so there's something to do.

However I expect mythic will do something to make fighting in or around keeps a bit more attractive to tanks than it is currently in NF - unless the doors are down melee damage/resistance isn't a lot of use in a keep, don't need three months of playing to see that. There is other things for tanks to do, but sitting in a keep is an exercise in boredom (much like it is pre-NF) unless you like siege (which admittedly I'll do so I'll probably be fine)

I doubt it's a big enough problem for them to try and fix it in 1.70 - or rather it's too complex a problem to just be fixed easily (without flipping it on its head and making casters useless) and it'll need extensive testing hence I expect if we do see anything for making tanks+keeps = fun (fun, not necessarily uber) it'll be in 1.71...

The major issue (animists) appears to have been dealt with in the latter stages of 1.70, one or two remain (logging behind relic gates - cheese in the extreme for example) so I doubt 1.71 will be a bug-fix NF patch - hence either a tank in keep lovin', push people out into the wild so they fight more melee, or back to normal class-balancing patch.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
vintervargen said:
right, good explanation, now i know what you meant. :)

third time lucky

*scratch*

third time lucky

*scratch*

third time lucky

sorry ;)

Incidentally it might be they don't need to do anything and that naturally once the "ooh new shiny keeps" feeling is over people will move somewhat out of the keeps and run around more - that said it'd be nice for tanks to have some reason to want to go to keep fights, as having it go back to ye olde "sod the keeps" mentality would be a terrible shame.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
we have decided to shorten archery range by 50%, made shieldtrip into a self nearsight for 30 mins and quadrupled archery endurance usage. Oh, and physical defense now debuffs instead of buffs melee resistances.

tata

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Ladders \\o

Would give tanks something to do :p
Ofc. casters should be able to climb them aswell, but don't think an Avo ('cept Zoy) would climb a ladder if a 9feet troll was standing at top waiting with a large shield and a well placed Slam :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
looks like they're giving tanks bungee ropes in 1.70azzzbaaaoiieejjjsszz (/recall!) so 1.71 I'm hoping is "back to normal" :)

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
we have decided to shorten archery range by 50%, made shieldtrip into a self nearsight for 30 mins and quadrupled archery endurance usage. Oh, and physical defense now debuffs instead of buffs melee resistances.

tata

You can joke about it now, but soon it will be reality...
Regards, Glottis

ztyx

Fledgling Freddie
balance
giving real tanks something to do in rvr besides being meat shields.

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Patch 1.71a
------------
------------

We finally realised that hibernian casters were greatly underpowered so have now taken away damage caps on all nukes. for example an enchanter before would cap at 598 damage on the baseline light nuke after debuffing the target, now with this modification thier effective damage would average around 4590.

We also realised hibernian casters take damage more quickly than casters from other realms and have now given them a self castable 100% absorbtion buff. Though this will mean eldritches are effectively immune to melee damage, the effect expires every 25 minutes and will cost 5% power. Also note that procs may still deal damage whilst the self buff is active

Due to large scale rvr AOE spells interrupting people too easily, we have decided to make all hib casters have permanent MOC, this is becuase hibernia has always used caster grps, and the other realms caster groups are just FOTM. We feel this keeps a good balnce in the game.

Albs now have a built in radar to thier user interface so they can no longer whine about hib groups using radar, and have time to type /release before they die, this removes a major time sink for alb players.

od_immortalis

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:
Patch 1.71a
------------
------------

We finally realised that hibernian casters were greatly underpowered so have now taken away damage caps on all nukes. for example an enchanter before would cap at 598 damage on the baseline light nuke after debuffing the target, now with this modification thier effective damage would average around 4590.

=( Nerf... That would scare me.

-You hit xxxx for 4590 damage(+1000)-
-You crit and hit for an extra 3000 damage-
-you have killed xxxx-

[xxxx <--- Uber tank]

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
od_immortalis said:
=( Nerf... That would scare me.

-You hit xxxx for 4590 damage(+1000)-
-You crit and hit for an extra 3000 damage-
-you have killed xxxx-

[xxxx <--- Uber tank]

WOW! IS DAT HOW IT WULD WORX M8???!?!?!!

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
arnor has been hamped by 1 to many men and is feeling cranky, leave the people who dont spend thier whole life reading the damage calc's alone arnor :O

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:
arnor has been hamped by 1 to many men and is feeling cranky, leave the people who dont spend thier whole life reading the damage calc's alone arnor :O

ummm?

wtf has this to do with damage calcs or what the hell your talking about?

You said "bla bla remove the caps so i dd for 4k+ dmg!"

and then a guy felt the need to SHOW how that would look like with the BRILLIANT "OMG DAT WUOLD LOKE LIKE DIS!!:::: yuo aer hitt fro 45092408924(+1512)
Yuo haf deaded"

that i pointed out, so once again, what the hell are you on about with reading damage calcs and shit?

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
ummm?

wtf has this to do with damage calcs or what the hell your talking about?

You said "bla bla remove the caps so i dd for 4k+ dmg!"

and then a guy felt the need to SHOW how that would look like with the BRILLIANT "OMG DAT WUOLD LOKE LIKE DIS!!:::: yuo aer hitt fro 45092408924(+1512)
Yuo haf deaded"

that i pointed out, so once again, what the hell are you on about with reading damage calcs and shit?

I thought u were mocking the fact that he said he nukes for 4500 and critted for 3000 which would obviously be impossible outside of PVE. (cus crits in rvr are capped at 50%)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom