What Would You Like To See

B

bone_idle

Give all realms the ability to spec in every realm abiity out there. So there wouldnt be any arguments on nerf this ra nerf that ra etc.

Theres not enough realm points to spec everything out there and make a realm respec npc that sells stones for around 2 or 3 plat if you dont like your spec.

A

Aule Valar

BoAD, SoS, DT on such a short timer, theurg pets being imune to all cc except stun, and air pets chain stunning

O

old.Morchaoron

remove the whole fucking CC part, make only melee stuns possible of which none last longer then 3 seconds

to be even more serious, just remove all AE effects and all insta's and give casters a shitload of other useful spells instead, this is a mmorpg but it has been proven it simply doesnt work with 70 vs 70 with each characther being able to kill multiple others at the same time, especially because this game has no collision detection, its like playing dodgeball with C4 explosives

remove /stick on player enemies (but make /face still usable)

remove /assist on player enemies (make it possible to create a macro that will say his real name + race in the chat window instead)

make strafing go 3 times slower when in combat

make mach 5 go only 50% of its current speed in rvr zones (why? cuz with the amount of shit lag this game generates and the shit loading time even on good machines, you sometime barely have the framerate to react when enemies enter los) but perhaps it could be reduced to only 80% if they increase the distance in which enemies appear)

increase the max distance you can see people (like gravestones, you can see them from miles away, but only do it in rvr zones to prevent uber mob zerg lag)

the closer the stealthers are to each other the worse their stealth gets (so a lone sb should be able to spot 8 infisl from about 4 times the range)

make players go ld when they drag the screen for more then 2 seconds

give all non-moronic ra's (like ip, rp and purge) a timer of 3 minutes (which can only be regained when not in combat)

when more then 1 fg runs together make a dustcloud appear in the distance at their location, the bigger the zerg, the bigger the dustcloud and the longer the distance is it can be seen at, big armies who want to zerg will always find each other, while the 1 fgs will remain relatively 'stealthed' from the unbeatable armies...

make the porters cast every minute or two, but when you got back alive by /releasing you will get 'Greater Ressurection Sickness' which should make your char truly worthless in rvr (but the regrouping etc at pks would go much faster)

make GTAE the only AE damage effect, increase the damage and give it a minimum range and a very long max range, dont let it be able to affect a area that has a roof or something similiar above it, and give it a 'artillery' bolt visual effect (it goes up high in the sky in an arch then comes back again, and if you see it you can try to avoid it by running away from it))

change all normal nukes into bolts and increase their range, you will be able to see where they are coming from and you will be able to 'partially block' them when you turn your attention to the caster and your a shield user (this will ungimp shield users significantly, like i already said stun duration will be decreased (in my version)), but he will be able to shoot from a much safer distance (do not give those bolts a recast time)
give the current bolts a even greater range but keep the recast timer on them

this is all from a NEUTRAL perspective
i can go on forever but these are some things that would be VERY VERY VERY VERY interesting to see in testing
:clap:

they should all put it in a expansion called "Dark Age of Camelot v1.0" :rolleyes:

ofc some things are a nightmare to some ppl because they rely on some things too much in order to be 'l33t' (which is true in my case aswell, but i know that for me this game difficulty cant be interesting for much longer... (AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT REALM DIFFICULTY, FOR THE SMARTASSES HERE))

J

Jaem

savages

they make other mid classes feel almost obsolete.

Saw someone a few days, I'd seen around 50 zerk, he deleted and made a savage, same name :/

I don't think mid asked for a zerk and dark sm replacements with SI, would have been nice with something different :<

P

Petronella

Originally posted by Jaem
savages

they make other mid classes feel almost obsolete.

Saw someone a few days, I'd seen around 50 zerk, he deleted and made a savage, same name :/

I don't think mid asked for a zerk and dark sm replacements with SI, would have been nice with something different :<

Yujie :wub:

would like to see a Savage and Infiltrator nerf.
And Morach... whatever his name is ;) had alot of good points (for being an alb) :eek:

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
remove the whole fucking CC part, make only melee stuns possible of which none last longer then 3 seconds

to be even more serious, just remove all AE effects and all insta's and give casters a shitload of other useful spells instead, this is a mmorpg but it has been proven it simply doesnt work with 70 vs 70 with each characther being able to kill multiple others at the same time, especially because this game has no collision detection, its like playing dodgeball with C4 explosives

remove /stick on player enemies (but make /face still usable)

remove /assist on player enemies (make it possible to create a macro that will say his real name + race in the chat window instead)

make strafing go 3 times slower when in combat

make mach 5 go only 50% of its current speed in rvr zones (why? cuz with the amount of shit lag this game generates and the shit loading time even on good machines, you sometime barely have the framerate to react when enemies enter los) but perhaps it could be reduced to only 80% if they increase the distance in which enemies appear)

increase the max distance you can see people (like gravestones, you can see them from miles away, but only do it in rvr zones to prevent uber mob zerg lag)

the closer the stealthers are to each other the worse their stealth gets (so a lone sb should be able to spot 8 infisl from about 4 times the range)

give all non-moronic ra's (like ip, rp and purge) a timer of 3 minutes (which can only be regained when not in combat)

when more then 1 fg runs together make a dustcloud appear in the distance at their location, the bigger the zerg, the bigger the dustcloud and the longer the distance is it can be seen at, big armies who want to zerg will always find each other, while the 1 fgs will remain relatively 'stealthed' from the unbeatable armies...

make the porters cast every minute or two, but when you got back alive by /releasing you will get 'Greater Ressurection Sickness' which should make your char truly worthless in rvr (but the regrouping etc at pks would go much faster)

make GTAE the only AE damage effect, increase the damage and give it a minimum range and a very long max range, dont let it be able to affect a area that has a roof or something similiar above it, and give it a 'artillery' bolt visual effect (it goes up high in the sky in an arch then comes back again, and if you see it you can try to avoid it by running away from it))

change all normal nukes into bolts and increase their range, you will be able to see where they are coming from and you will be able to 'partially block' them when you turn your attention to the caster and your a shield user (this will ungimp shield users significantly, like i already said stun duration will be decreased (in my version)), but he will be able to shoot from a much safer distance (do not give those bolts a recast time)
give the current bolts a even greater range but keep the recast timer on them

this is all from a NEUTRAL perspective
i can go on forever but these are some things that would be VERY VERY VERY VERY interesting to see in testing
:clap:

they should all put it in a expansion called "Dark Age of Camelot v1.0" :rolleyes:

ofc some things are a nightmare to some ppl because they rely on some things too much in order to be 'l33t' (which is true in my case aswell, but i know that for me this game difficulty cant be interesting for much longer... (AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT REALM DIFFICULTY, FOR THE SMARTASSES HERE))

Some good ideas and some ones that would make me quit
Crowd control was an important factor in the game, they made Purge and GP to counter act this. purge on a 3 minute timer would kill CC worse than Det, also would you like to fight Hunters with IP and Purge every battle instead of once every 30 mins

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by old.Bubble
Some good ideas and some ones that would make me quit
Crowd control was an important factor in the game, they made Purge and GP to counter act this. purge on a 3 minute timer would kill CC worse than Det, also would you like to fight Hunters with IP and Purge every battle instead of once every 30 mins

game logical wise CC is very bad, every player participating should always be given the freedom to act, usually things that prevent people from performing any action are very unpopular in games and reduce the amount of fun

the degree of 'CC' daoc has in rvr is horrible, it is far too unbalanced, and especially mez is VERY lag dependend, this is a fact rarely anyone talks about, this game doesnt run silkly smooth when there are loads of people around (even with less then that it has major warping)

games are supposed to be fun, it takes long enough to find enemies, and standing around for 40 seconds without having the chance to even perform one action, it severly reduces the 'fun factor' (ofc it doesnt for the l33t kiddies who pwn 30+ low rr people cuz of it)

there are some things that are better left out of games, the ability to take away the ability of other players to act is one of them, never do this ;)

a better solution would be to give casters a 3 second snare spell without a immunity, this would allow healers and other melee weak classes to escape from tanks if assisted by his realmmates, it will only let him move a little slower for 3 seconds and can still perform any action he wants...

as i said before, i am looking from a 'developers perspective' not my own ALBOMGWTF4TEHWIN perspective, even tho i rely heavly on it aswell, its not good for the game...

also if it was up to me: let PA deal more damage and make creeping death unpurgebale, BUT make his other melee abilities SHIT, its a ASSASSIN not a stealthing merc/savage/bm

V

vindicat0r

Lets make all the realms the same so ppl will quit whining already. That would be so much fun :/

Yes Theres some imbalances!

Yes Theres things about other realms that suck!

No it wont help whining about it!

Nerf savage's btw :D

V

vindicat0r

Lets make all the realms the same so ppl will quit whining already. That would be so much fun :/

Yes Theres some imbalances!

Yes Theres things about other realms that suck!

No it wont help whining about it!

Nerf savage's btw :D

btw on a more serious note, Most ppl except maybe morchaoron is being selfish and just asking for other realms to get nerfed because it annoys them. LOL at somebody that said, get rid of sorc bolt range but emmm did they mention insta mezz ? no is the answer :(.

Think outside the box people! ^^

A

Aurilius

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron

or go ld if they drag the window at all ?

Anyways it would solve a lot of probs!

J

Jaem

Because they became fotm, and their high dmg was brought to the attention of who change stuff in game.

So basicaly, mids ruined it by all making a zerk or sb alt to wtfpwn, and albs/hibs ruined by whines.

O

Ogrelin

Originally posted by case-rigantis
and perfect recovery

Why not remove our healspells to? then we can't do shit when we get attacked :) oh wait, I can use my Hammer! NERF ME! :)

Users who are viewing this thread