What would you like new added to DAOC?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I think race respecs would be bad.... All the troll tanks would disappear.... and become small harder to target races.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
non stacking attacks
the same way that if, say, 2 cave shammies dot the same target, one will hit, the other gets "target already has that effect" but similiar for all. so if, say, you have 4 warlocks in the group you get diminishing returns, first does 100%, 2nd does 75%, 3rd does 50%, 4th does 25% etc . so people actually group like they used to in the old days and stop opting everything.. group with mates playing whatever and have fun instead of min maxing :fluffle:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Mabs said:
non stacking attacks
the same way that if, say, 2 cave shammies dot the same target, one will hit, the other gets "target already has that effect" but similiar for all. so if, say, you have 4 warlocks in the group you get diminishing returns, first does 100%, 2nd does 75%, 3rd does 50%, 4th does 25% etc . so people actually group like they used to in the old days and stop opting everything.. group with mates playing whatever and have fun instead of min maxing :fluffle:

I like this idea - although the first example will get 'target already ahs that effect' surely?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Bugz said:
I like this idea - although the first example will get 'target already ahs that effect' surely?

the cave shammy example was purely to illustrate how having multiples of one character in a group gains you nothing due to non stacking attacks;)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I want special arrows.

Elemental Damage Arrows - doing the 6 missing forms of damage, craftable by people with enough fletching.

HereIAM arrow - Shoot someone with the arrow (doesn't do damage, but can't be blocked) and you can see their position on your /map for ten minutes.

KnockKnock arrow - Does half damage, but shoves people 200 units away from the archer.

PotArrow - Variant on poison, cast-time debuff while the user is admiring the pretty-pretty clouds and contemplating the color purple.

CatNip/MobNip arrow - Arrow laced with a generic mob-luring agent, which instantly aggroes any neutral/hostile mob in a 500 unit range. Perhaps usable to redirect pet-aggro as well.

Just a few ideas. :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
a solo BG
the same damage/speed calculations for casters as tanks
an npc based at each realms main rvr entrance, dl etc, that removes rvr RS, pain in the arse to have to wait for it to drop before you can go out again.
rare drops that can be used as ingredients for crafting, not as a replacement slot but an extra alch slot for instance, be it stat cap, /use2 or something, would make crafted parts more attractive.
increase the slots on a crafted part from 4 to 6
change the ingredients needed for leggy weapons, make the parts stackable. (like they did with linings)
bigger variety of skins for crafted armour and weapons, partical effects on weapons for example.
get rid of the vanish RA, an assasin picks most of his fights, he shouldnt be able to just bugger off if it goes tits up.
give back the old som charge so at least we dont look stupid when in som mode. (make the shape change removable while keeping the proc)
fix the way con on weapons makes you lose hits if you switch (1h has 20 con, 2h has 20 con, you lose hits when switching)

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
  • Some kind of in-game communication, like vent, or e-mail, a message board etc
  • New classes/races
  • Better crafting system - bring back the point to crafting, drops are far better and have more utility than we could ever dream of imbueing(sp?)
  • Ability to add 'glow' to your weapons (been after this since like day one)
  • More epic dungeons to raid
  • Erm... more people to play with :)

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
I seem to come up with mostly fluff, though I have been working on my own way of sorting out the crafting situation. The bits of fluff I would like to see.

-Quest Checklist: Pretty much what it says. A window pops up with details of what quests you have done and haven't done. Some of us like to do a bit of questing when bored.
-Artifact Checklist: Pretty much same as above, except this tells you what artifact credit you have and haven't got. Sometimes it can be forgotten.
-Banker NPC: Housing merchant where you can drop any amount of money for easier transfer between characters.

As for the ultimate bit of fluff: Horse Racing and Jousting! An area you can zone in to where there's a track for both racing and jousting.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
I would like ingame voice chat... Like standing in camelot crafting or something, and ppl within a certain radius could hear you. I know about teamspeak and other thirdparty program, but imo an ingame voicethingy could be fun.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
All the Boss Mobs in Daoc (Like Dragon, Hydra, Balnor, Legion, The SI Dungeons like Galladoria, etc) should get new Loot to make them interesting again!

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
echome said:
I would like ingame voice chat... Like standing in camelot crafting or something, and ppl within a certain radius could hear you. I know about teamspeak and other thirdparty program, but imo an ingame voicethingy could be fun.

You would have people running through ligen yelling *** is a f*ckhead t*tbrain.. etc etc a shame really cuz it would be nice if there would be no abuse ;)

I like the starting point respec as i had put 10 quick on my luri ns and 10 quick on my bard back in the day.... newbism 4tw :D

And the transfer vaultkeeper in ligen is very good idea imo

And ofc Advertising would be great ;) bit late now though.. but it is truly weird i hardly ever seen daoc mentioned in big game magizines etc.. I mean really, fire the PR guy...

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
a spec buff npc so that those of us who don't want to buy the same game twice aren't at a disadvantage when soloing...........

Keitan

Banned
I want new quest where u can get a car wat is speed 3 lol !!!!! or a motor bike or a 4x4 lol !

And instead of health pots apples and instead of power pots bananas

B

Benedictine

Phooka said:
And ofc Advertising would be great ;) bit late now though.. but it is truly weird i hardly ever seen daoc mentioned in big game magizines etc.. I mean really, fire the PR guy...

Advertising a mature mmo - not bleeding likely! Their budget is probably £4.99

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
some UI modifications like being able to split the current log windows in two, close them, create new ones with different font sizes, different things showing in them etc

if you ever played wow you know the damage indicators there, the damage you do shows ontop of the npc/character you do it to, and with a certain mod damage and events that happen to you can seen over your own chars head, thing i most miss about wow

and, if you have a lvl50 rr5+ ml10 cl5 char all new chars created should gain
like cl3 ml5 on ding50

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I just really wish they'd give in and steal the postal system from WoW. Would make scamming so much harder if you could just sort out your own transfers and not have to rely on other people.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
Dantares said:
I seem to come up with mostly fluff, though I have been working on my own way of sorting out the crafting situation. The bits of fluff I would like to see.

-Quest Checklist: Pretty much what it says. A window pops up with details of what quests you have done and haven't done. Some of us like to do a bit of questing when bored.
-Artifact Checklist: Pretty much same as above, except this tells you what artifact credit you have and haven't got. Sometimes it can be forgotten.
-Banker NPC: Housing merchant where you can drop any amount of money for easier transfer between characters.

As for the ultimate bit of fluff: Horse Racing and Jousting! An area you can zone in to where there's a track for both racing and jousting.

Typing /quest will show what you've completed also shows artifact encounters

i'd like to see a whineless community about how others play the game :)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Give the ability to spec a TROLL Hunter (as all the hunter guards at Svasud Faste used to be trolls).

Can u imagine the look on Censi's face when a troll destealths in front of him and rips him a new one with 2h spear? :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Some better crafting tbh :) remember in the old times when there was kind of honour in being a crafter , also do so you can craft other looks on armor then the standard boring one :(

update the old lands with new epic mobs that drops high util items an you need a zerg for :)

also make the dragon of the realms harder so a fg cant do it anymore..

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
shamoun said:
I would like to see instant lvl 50 chars its been 4 years and im sick of the pve crap i have to do solo now, as i cant find groups to level with

QQ and go play freeshards!

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Give all Melee classes new RA

Shield Drop

Makes the targeted enemy drop shield for the duration of the spell ( Cannot Slam/Block although the shield can still be viewed )

Shield Drop Ra :-

1 Realm Ability Points - Drops enemy shield for 1 minute ( 30mins recast )

3 Realm Ability Points - Drops Enemy Shield for 1 minute ( 15mins recast )

6 Realm Ability Points - Drops Enemy Shield for 1 minute ( 5min recast )

10 Realm Ability Points - Drops enemy Shield for 1 minute ( 2 min recast )

16? Realm Ability Points - Drops enemy Shield for 1 minute ( cast any time )

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Nice Thread

I Want ..

1. Start Point Respec ...
2. Rs removal Npc's
3. Full ToA bonus buff npcs ... I have 2 accounts but tbh why is this needed ???

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Would like if they removed /level 20
Would like if they made crafting easier
Would like if the made in-game email system with attachments
Would like if they made crafted stuff better
Would like if they made PvE harder
Would like if they added more Uber highlevel mobs that require a zerg to take down
Would like if they added bigger vaults
Would like if they made vaultkeeper at house the same for whole account and not just the character

raid

Can't get enough of FH
- race+starting points respec, why do ppl have to suffer from mistakes made 4years+ ago :(

- "antimagic" artifact charges. such as som, battler and malice are for melee

censi

Can't get enough of FH
make resist buffs range based.

Introduce honor system

introduce RP penalty/bonus for doorstep/travelling

lower cast timers on mages

Make ml9 convoker duration 30 seconds on 10 min rut for RVR. (normal timer for PVE ;) )

nerf skilldancers

review rr5 ability balancing.

overhaul archery system

RP bonus for solo kills

RP deduction system for adding

Speed up boats

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
a solo BG
the same damage/speed calculations for casters as tanks
an npc based at each realms main rvr entrance, dl etc, that removes rvr RS, pain in the arse to have to wait for it to drop before you can go out again.
rare drops that can be used as ingredients for crafting, not as a replacement slot but an extra alch slot for instance, be it stat cap, /use2 or something, would make crafted parts more attractive.
increase the slots on a crafted part from 4 to 6

Really really like these ideas. Top stuff that'd make the game much better tbh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom