What would you like new added to DAOC?

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Yes.. im bored. but im wanting to know what players ingame would like new to the game.

(maby they will consider some of them :D )

Here's what i would like new in the game ( only respecs.... )

Race Respec Stone :- 2 Drop from all 3 dragons of the realm. just like normal stones. give to the NPC's it directs you to your trainer. trainer offers the Race's aloud for the Class you are. and you select one. ( no Gender respec. if your Male. e.g Female Firbolg Hero, will be transformed into Female Celt Hero )
and the Stats will be lowered or highered depending one the Race like start spec etc..

Start Spec Respec Stone :- Respec your 30pts at start of character creation, but again give to NPC's Log out. and Customize Character. and change (take away) the 30points from what you have. and add them into new stat. ( Drop from All 3 realms SI Dungeon Tuscarian / Galla / Sidi )

Gender Respec Stone :- Respec your gender. Female or Male. again give to NPC, head to trainer. select Male or Female. log out and in, your a new Gender! :) ( Drop from Legion )

this is realy what i would like added in the game :p dunno if any one agree's but its my own thing.... and it would make people go in all different lands to get stuff.

What would u like added ? make a post :D

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
RVR prison where u can 'capture' rather than kill and take the players back to the jail like a relic:) That chars then unplayable for 24 hrs or can be 'broken' out by him realm/guild m8s etc for BIG rp bonus:)

B

Biggilus

dont think peopel would like to pay for a game they cant play :eek:

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Maby a prison the size of Poc ( like a dungeon. PoC for example. eiver your alb/mid/hib. all go to same large scaled dungeon. for max 2hours. unless a guild player pays Guild Bounty pounts to release you example 500. or. you can stay in, and kill other players. for 2 hours. or unless you die. your released to normal spot. ) then again. How will you go to prison? unless. a realm ability for 1pt is given to all players ingame. 20seconds cast timer. on enemy ( can be cast while stealthed tbh ) :D

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Also. if Hib take a Mid keep. all mids alive while Hibs have taken keep. are teleported to prison? :)

Bibobobo

Fledgling Freddie
id like somewhere fairly small, opened for 2 hours once a week, with the hope that in those 2 hours it would be all out rvr. as in designated RVR, in a specific area. just a frenzy basically, where you know loads of people will be fighting.

advantages:

can be a scheduled event for guilds as they will know about activity well in advance.

guaranteed action

possibility for internal quests e.g. thid like layout, whoever holds central keep at the end of the timer gets reward, like rp's or gold or items, or bonuses for the week like added exp/rp etc

disadvantages:

could mean other area's, specifically in NF, are deserted and therefore easy opportunity for keep takes

Zerg's could reign supreme over the entire zone. lots of adding etc

i dunno really i just thought of this in the last 10 mins, so im sure there are more problems with it, just think it would be a laugh

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Duel Area would be awsome. You cant enter grouped. and cant enter and group up. Sure buffbots aloud. and can talk with enemy realm memembers only inside this area. ( Port to get their )

Also a duel challenge System ( You cant just go and whack a enemy realm member. example - u must /duel challenge them. therfor other players cannot leach fight. and be total dicks ( this would allow Area dmg ( PBAE ) reaver ae etc to work with out interupting any other duels. or hurting other players.

living

Fledgling Freddie
More advertiseing = more players ;D
More big events like the long series that ended in the BG where all realms had access and had to work togeather. (Geisha attack in mid?)

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
I want new curtains for my house! And a little lovebird next to where im sitting when I craft. :clap:

/mum

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Rickie said:
I want new curtains for my house! And a little lovebird next to where im sitting when I craft. :clap:

/mum

How about a rabbit? :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Bibobobo said:
possibility for internal quests e.g. thid like layout, whoever holds central keep at the end of the timer gets reward, like rp's or gold or items, or bonuses for the week like added exp/rp etc

Stuff like that would be nice, while the realm missions were designed to bring the realm together they rely far too much on someone being bothered to lead them, and don't really give enough of a reward for most people to bother to do this.

I'd say make it so in the thid like area you don't get any realm points for killing people, but everyone there gets realm points for achieving realm goals.. (much like realm points should of been organised in the first place if they wanted big battles and not soloers fp farming all day). That way the realm that works best together gets the rp's without people running off to leech 300rp's everytime they see a red name.
Old frontier relic raids used to involve people working for a night to grab a relic as a realm and not worrying too much about the rp's as they were fairly rare events, could rp farm the other 29 days of the month. Bring back more of that kind of spirit imo!

shamoun

Fledgling Freddie
I would like to see instant lvl 50 chars its been 4 years and im sick of the pve crap i have to do solo now, as i cant find groups to level with

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Silient said:
Race Respec Stone :- 2 Drop from all 3 dragons of the realm. just like normal stones. give to the NPC's it directs you to your trainer. trainer offers the Race's aloud for the Class you are. and you select one. ( no Gender respec. if your Male. e.g Female Firbolg Hero, will be transformed into Female Celt Hero )
and the Stats will be lowered or highered depending one the Race like start spec etc..

Start Spec Respec Stone :- Respec your 30pts at start of character creation, but again give to NPC's Log out. and Customize Character. and change (take away) the 30points from what you have. and add them into new stat. ( Drop from All 3 realms SI Dungeon Tuscarian / Galla / Sidi )

Gender Respec Stone :- Respec your gender. Female or Male. again give to NPC, head to trainer. select Male or Female. log out and in, your a new Gender! :) ( Drop from Legion )

Won't ever happen, Mythic already said it would take so much time to implent something like this that they will never do it (would probably mean this would have to be the only changes you will get in a new expansion if they would want to implent it and Mythic doesn't want that or something).

Himse

FH is my second home
shamoun said:
I would like to see instant lvl 50 chars its been 4 years and im sick of the pve crap i have to do solo now, as i cant find groups to level with

Really wanna make it that easy? :|

Id love to see more people in the game tbh....
Mythic / GOA Advertise!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, some of the things suggested won't suit DAoC. Dueling enemy realm players for example is a completely retarded idea as this game isn't about 1 on 1's. It's about killing the opposite realm for glory and shit. :m00:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Silient said:
Duel Area would be awsome. You cant enter grouped. and cant enter and group up. Sure buffbots aloud. and can talk with enemy realm memembers only inside this area. ( Port to get their )

Also a duel challenge System ( You cant just go and whack a enemy realm member. example - u must /duel challenge them. therfor other players cannot leach fight. and be total dicks ( this would allow Area dmg ( PBAE ) reaver ae etc to work with out interupting any other duels. or hurting other players.

why must there always be buffbots? are ppl so bloody wimpy theese days they dont dare do anything without it?

and there already is a duel system incase u havent noticed. just dont try to "duel" at brynja bridge like most others and u wont get anyone to leech.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Make it so if your character achieves 10 bubbles at level 50 he can transfer the xp onto a new character.

would basically be a /50 for all the hard work you have done, also its something that takes ages to get so it wont get abused as such.

Dorimor1

Banned
Bahumat said:
Make it so if your character achieves 10 bubbles at level 50 he can transfer the xp onto a new character.

would basically be a /50 for all the hard work you have done, also its something that takes ages to get so it wont get abused as such.

Thats a good idea..

Tbh I'd like OF back, but thats not going to happen :< perhaps a revamp of the frontiers (again).

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
OF is actually possible to get back :-D GoA/Mythic are just too lazy to re-enable the zones ;) (zones.mpk mod 4tw) - They're still there, just disabled.

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
One thing ive recently been thinking about is like mini-artifacts, useable for lvls 15-25 or something. Get lowbie characters into TOA. Mini encounters that are soloable and scroll drops from easy mobs.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
I would like too see an npc in cities which aids transfers, you give the items to them with the name of the char you want too give too. Log off and on with char and recieve items :)

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Tbh.. bring a server out that was just like Classic ( none of this Catacombs shite in. real classic. ( NO SI / ToA / NF / SC / Darkness Rising ) pure classic. epic armor etc.

none of this buff range rubbish. no vamps/bainshee/heretic/valkyrie/whorelock/bonedancer/savage/valkewalker/animist/reaver/necromancer.... just pure classic!

And no /level 20 command!

Oh and another thing...

open Gore server up all time as PURE classic and test server? when needed ? :)

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Perf said:
I would like too see an npc in cities which aids transfers, you give the items to them with the name of the char you want too give too. Log off and on with char and recieve items :)

What if you type the name in wrong ><

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Longer lasting, more powerful and cheaper alchemy buffs (alternatively an alchemist npc in most villsages, that sell current alchemy potions pretty cheap, and then have player made potions be more effective). Increased regeneration rate on health and power (yes more than the increase they did a while ago, its still too slow to sit around and rest without a bot).

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
cant believe anyone hasnt mentioned this on this thread yet..

RAZEABLE BRIDGES!

B

Benedictine

change the realm war map to only show up cups/trees/hammers if more than 16 ppl are engaged

Helps 8v8s

Shows zergs where the large scale role play battles are they love so much :clap:

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
fuck 8v8, game wasnt designed for that. however.. and this is something i said years ago.. possibly on barrysworld.. if a tower is under siege somewhere, then a kinda of invisible messenger should relay that info at speed 5 back to druim ligen/svasud/sauvage.. so there's a delay in far away attacks. so no under siege msgs until timer for messenager is done and sent to guild.

that way its more visual, people can see if a tower or keep under siege before the guild holding it are able to just spam.. 20 on blah blah, the second a guard dies.. gives option of more suprise attacks.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
An in-game email system, to which you can 'attach' items. It rocks in EQ2 and it would rock here.

I still think NF is largely fine, but it's too cramped; you can't swing a dead Luri without hitting a bloody tower. Could use another two zones' worth of terrain spread around the current frontier, just so it doesn't feel so damn cramped and unnaturally squashed-together like it does now. The keeps and towers themselves are fine, but they need a bit more space around them. This extra RvR terrain to include some more distinctive terrain; I would like to see a big forest (on the scale of Campcorentin or Iarnwood), a big set of city or keep ruins (solid-walled to prevent Bainshee bullshit) with some large indoor spaces for combat, and a mountainous bit with a spectacular waterfall and maybe some hidden pools etc (think the hideout Faramir uses in The Two Towers).

The return of the OF zones - that many, many people really liked - as PvE zones, with the keeps ruined and full of high-level mobs a la Gaheris. Possibly these could be attached to the furthest-from-enemy-realms zone of the NF zones, so they'd actually be frontier PvE zones to add a bit of risk, and XP bonus, to them.

Something I think would be very cool - un-campable Epic mobs. In the more remote regions of the Classic zones, which is where I think the OF zones should be attached to, have extremely long-respawn mobs - I'm talking 4-5 days - that would also have extremely large roam patterns, through maybe 3 complete zones. They would drop very high-utility items on a par with The SI Necklace (TM) or the post-1.81 Eerie Darkness Stone, so people would want them but due to the very long respawn and very large roam area you couldn't camp them like a twat; whether you go them or not would just be down to whether you got lucky and met the mob or not, a bit like finding Kraken in Midgard. These mobs would be on a par with a DF Prince, toughness-wise, so if you found one, you'd have to get your mates to come help.

More ice-and-snow zones for Midgard.

Crafters to be able to make unique armour skins, and to be able to add extra imbue slots to items to equal normal TOA drops, although I think ML boss and Epic mob drops should still be better than crafted. Think about the game-world logic of it: who's going to be able to make more powerful items, Smeg the Kobbie from Huginfell, or a Dragon...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom