What would happen if all realms had the same classes?

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
druids do small dmg I believe

All of them drop your HPs which maybe looks like dmg to you - I mean how many HPs you get from buffs?

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
i think shears are really gonna make the importance of whoever gets the iniative 1st, even more so than it is now. if u get mes in clerics or whatever wont need to heal for 1st bit (unless u against pbaoe grp and tanks go in without boxbeing interruptd), but it wuld allow the typical 2 cleric alb grp to have 1 cleric str/con shear assist the MA and the other con shear assist the MA. thats like 700hpts taken off in like 1.5s or so. Combine that with assist dd'ing or whatever and ur targets are gonna be dropping vertually instantly.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Asha said:
Did you ever duel as a tank unbuffed vs. full buffed?
Even if you don't rebuff, shearing buffs will be very important.

Flim debuffs are temp. - for what seconds now?
Buff shear is Perm!
Also it's ALOT bigger effect than debuff. It doesn't debuff you for one dmg type but essentially it makes you weaker, both offence and defense. The more puffed up you are with buffs, the more hps you're going to drop, yes?

str/con debuff
dex/qui debuff
are more what I'm referring to although the necro's con debuff would count if there ever were any necros around

not damage types :)
I think the str/con debuff has more effect than a str/con shear even on a capped buff - though obviously combining both is even more effective :)

Maybe it'll be different over here but the general feeling on the cleric boards over there are that debuffs are things that shaman use every fight, and clerics/druids use in the fights that they'd win anyway...

Given my cleric is 40e 35s at the moment I'll be buff shearing left right and centre ;) but I'd not be healing anyway ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
[NO]Subedai said:
i think shears are really gonna make the importance of whoever gets the iniative 1st, even more so than it is now. if u get mes in clerics or whatever wont need to heal for 1st bit (unless u against pbaoe grp and tanks go in without boxbeing interruptd), but it wuld allow the typical 2 cleric alb grp to have 1 cleric str/con shear assist the MA and the other con shear assist the MA. thats like 700hpts taken off in like 1.5s or so. Combine that with assist dd'ing or whatever and ur targets are gonna be dropping vertually instantly.

single target shears will be quite prevalent - aoe ones wont, but if your clerics are free to cast shears along with the rest of your team then you've won anyway, I guess it lets you make the most of it when you have the upper hand and gives the enemy less chance to fight back.

One thought though - they apparently get used quite a bit in standoffs - milegate fights, keep fights. What is NF bringing by the truckload? :)

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
PvP is an example of that ruleset. I dont know if there are any fotm groups there, most seem to be different.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
inviteme said:
PvP is an example of that ruleset. I dont know if there are any fotm groups there, most seem to be different.

pvp is different though I imagine? there's no safe haven portal keeps for buffbots.... and a lot of the action won't be 1fg versus 1fg in emain?
(ok ok 2fg versus zerg versus 1fg versus 5fg versus 3 stealthers)

or maybe it is :) I've not really played Camlann a lot

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
pvp is different though I imagine? there's no safe haven portal keeps for buffbots.... and a lot of the action won't be 1fg versus 1fg in emain?
(ok ok 2fg versus zerg versus 1fg versus 5fg versus 3 stealthers)

or maybe it is :) I've not really played Camlann a lot

You can still use buffbots, its just more of a hazzle than regular servers. And afaik most people still build groups to have good performance FG vs FG, but i dont think there are as much dedicated groups as on a normal server. With only dedicated groups builds prolly whould be alot more similar, cant say for sure tho.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
inviteme said:
You can still use buffbots, its just more of a hazzle than regular servers. And afaik most people still build groups to have good performance FG vs FG, but i dont think there are as much dedicated groups as on a normal server. With only dedicated groups builds prolly whould be alot more similar, cant say for sure tho.

guess you're fighting all the time :) can't sit in the PK waiting for XX to login?

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Albs would rule all, just cause the skill would no longer be limited by crap classes.
Mid noobs like JH and NP would cry faul, cause even with their cheats they would no longer be able to wtfpwn people. I think mass suicide would be a possible result :(
Regards, Glottis

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Albs would rule all, just cause the skill would no longer be limited by crap classes.
Mid noobs like JH and NP would cry faul, cause even with their cheats they would no longer be able to wtfpwn people. I think mass suicide would be a possible result :(
Regards, Glottis
Finally a neutral point of view about the subject.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
what you whine about most actually makes the game interesting...fotm,bb,zergs etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom