What to do

F

Farsight

Before you think it, this is not a flame.

It is, however, a devil's advocate post.

I'm sure your pain is very real, but consider for a moment the following.....

Mum and teenage son, nice, cosy setup,

Along comes new bloke, no kids, no idea how to deal with the now jealous as hell, resentful and sulking teenage son.

Is provoked into losing his temper. Wrong thing to do, yes. No excuse, but not surprising.

Jealous , teenage son wants new bloke out of mum' s life, so that he can once again have all Mum's attention.

Hasnt actually given all that much thought to how his Mum feels, and whether his Mum is happy.

There's always two sides to every story.

Don't ask for advice here, it really isnt going to get you anything but attention, of all sorts.

If you want real help, see a counsellor.

S

scooby-doo

just send me round,i'd sort out the turkish prick :)

M

mank

Originally posted by leggy
Recipe:

1) Invite a load of (big muscly) greek friends around for a party
2) add Turk
3) Stir

fucking lol, sorry :D

I really think you should get some advice from a professional. You could go and see your school nurse (they're often trained councellors). Failing that, here are some numbers:

Samiritans - 08457 90 90 90
Childline - 0800 111

These people will probably offer better and more in depth advice than most of us. No offence to anyone, but they're trained for it and as far as I'm aware none of us are.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Farsight

Along comes new bloke, no kids, no idea how to deal with the now jealous as hell, resentful and sulking teenage son.

Is provoked into losing his temper. Wrong thing to do, yes. No excuse, but not surprising.

Jealous , teenage son wants new bloke out of mum' s life, so that he can once again have all Mum's attention.

Hasnt actually given all that much thought to how his Mum feels, and whether his Mum is happy.

Don't ask for advice here, it really isnt going to get you anything but attention, of all sorts.

I dont think you read his post properly. The scenario you have painted isnt what I get from his post.

Y

Yoni

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Now, my mum isnt very bright

It isn't that your mum "isn't very bright" she is just in lurve - as Damini says people looking for love often dont see what is right in front of their eyes -sometimes it is an individual with an ulterior motive - in your mum's case a passport to him staying in the UK.

I would follow the advice of those who have recommended you talk to a professional about this situation, Mank has given you some good links / telephone numbers. If you really want to get help you will use those rather than procrastinate about the situation on here.

Remember also that your mum, although she is looking for love and thinks she has found it is probably heart broken that you and her new Turkish husband do not get on as she probably wants you to be as happy as she is at the moment.

If he is indeed a complete twat he will show his true colours in time, as keeping up "appearances" will start to get more and more difficult for him as time goes on. Your mum will see this in time and regret the whole thing. If she does this don't push her away she will need you more than ever then.......

B

Bym

Originally posted by Farsight

Did you actually read his original post? Or read the first line and assumed the rest?

F

Farsight

Yes, I read the whole post.
The situation sounds very distressing, and he is obviously very upset to discuss private details of his life on a public forum.

However, the readers of this forum are not in any position to form a balanced opinion and try and give advice unless his Mum and the Turkish man also posted their own version of the story.

As I said, Im not flaming Krypt.

But its dangerous to form opinions unless one has the full facts to hand.

D

Deadmanwalking

I do have to agree with Farsight. While i think what he did deserves a good kicking. It's all very easy to start shouting and screaming abuse etc etc he's evil.

And as i hope very few if any one on here has gone throuhg similar/worse i think it prob wasn't the best idea to post here. Falling out or losing contact with your mother really isn't the effort i can promise you on that.

F

Farsight

Awww...my first fwend on BW :)

Thanks DMW, you will forever hold a special little place :p

M

Munkey-

Still no excuse for violence from an adult towards a child. Either way, its still abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread