What to do if your gf's house is a total mess...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Right, i'm looking for advice here cuz i totally have no fuckin idea what to do.

Scenario: I like this girl. I went round her house (dad's house - her parents are divorced) and need-less to say it was a M-E-S-S. The pots and pans from the breakfast hadn't been washed, the rooms were a mess and needed hovering and worse of all the toilet was nasty. Strange thing is, the girl in question manages to keep herself looking in top-shape.

Now I'm a very fussy person when it comes to hygiene. I love everything to be TOTALLY CLEAN. I'm not asking for her house to be 'totally clean' but rather it to be nicer and cleaner.

Can anyone suggest whether a) asking this is ok and b) how the hell I actually ask it without sounding rude, disrepsectful etc. May I add that i'd even give her a hand tidying it up if she agreed to it.

Thanks in advance.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
dont mention a damn thing about it. you will make her insecure and possibly withdrawn. if possible, never ever visit her house again if you can help it.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
it's your fault!

her dad can't clean the house, that's a woman's job. And that girl can't, because she's busy with you!

though how did she act? was that mess "normal" or more like "please don't mention it" ?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i wouldnt mention it either, how is her room? is she the sort of girl that expects you to sit around watching TV or whatever with "the family" ? if not then i cant see it being that much of a problem.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
The mess is quite bad. The toilet is the main thing tht sickens me. It's not pooh-covered or naut but it obviously hasn't been bleached or nothing and considering i'm part of an extremely clean family this kinda makes me gagg.

Her room needs a good hover - which is about it. The kitchen is abismal however and shows a lack of effort from her dad.

As for the girl herself, she's more of a 'drag u inside her room' type of girl so I rarely see the rest of the house.

However, I'd feel it'd be in her best interest as well as to make me happy that the house was cleaned.

I'd say, another couple of months of neglect and it'd be fit to go on the 'house of grime' show - which is saying ALOT.

:(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
However, I'd feel it'd be in her best interest as well as to make me happy that the house was cleaned.

why, will you leave her if it stays messy? or is it purely selfish because you dont like mess? :p
if she couldnt cope im sure she would of done something, or is she lazy? what we think is messy is a norm to others.
if you want to clean the toilet, can you go for a shit and just bleach it? assuming she has no bleach, take some in a suitable container.

pip

Banned
Bugz said:
Right, i'm looking for advice here cuz i totally have no fuckin idea what to do.

Scenario: I like this girl. I went round her house (dad's house - her parents are divorced) and need-less to say it was a M-E-S-S. The pots and pans from the breakfast hadn't been washed, the rooms were a mess and needed hovering and worse of all the toilet was nasty. Strange thing is, the girl in question manages to keep herself looking in top-shape.

Now I'm a very fussy person when it comes to hygiene. I love everything to be TOTALLY CLEAN. I'm not asking for her house to be 'totally clean' but rather it to be nicer and cleaner.

Can anyone suggest whether a) asking this is ok and b) how the hell I actually ask it without sounding rude, disrepsectful etc. May I add that i'd even give her a hand tidying it up if she agreed to it.

Thanks in advance.
Lazy git clean it for them that way the gf will lub ya more thinking your a mug:worthy: Any probs in how to deal with the ladys I'm ya man

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I actually had this problem with my last GF, she was actually a neat freak too but her house was a total mess =\ Think I ended up going there for about 1 week over a 1 year relationship =\ My house is CLEAN.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Can anyone suggest whether a) asking this is ok and b) how the hell I actually ask it without sounding rude, disrepsectful etc.

c) Let me have a crack at her. Then me and her can enjoy the messes i make, together :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
could always stick "how clean is your house" on tv and make lots of comments about the peoples house, she may go home and tidy up a bit. if you just come out and say, your house is a pit, sort it, you could have problems :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ask if you could clean it.

Simple.

Say that you don't like dirty places.

*shrugs*

Honesty is underrated.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
clean freak :(

Ask if you could clean it.

Simple.

Say that you don't like dirty places.

*shrugs*

Honesty is underrated.

What the Seal said..

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I am exactly the same when it comes to being clean. just take her to your place when its nice and tidy and say 'oh sorry about the mess I wasnt planning on anyone coming round' or sommat :)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
im the same:p
think it would be a bit rude though if u dont know her that well, well not rude but would make her feel uncomfortable; generally people who invite you round and don't apologise or mention a mess dont see anything wrong with it:p i would just keep quiet i think and take her back to yours instead

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
I am exactly the same when it comes to being clean. just take her to your place when its nice and tidy and say 'oh sorry about the mess I wasnt planning on anyone coming round' or sommat :)

^ good advice. make sure there is something out of place or a peice of clothing just thrown down or something. that's subtle enough.

but if her room is tidy and it's just the rest of her house i don't see the problem.
in our house we are all pretty busy rushing around / trying to get stuff done and dishes / tidying is the last thing on my mind.
perhaps if you weren't brought up in a "clean bubble" you would understand that not everyone is the same

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, you all neat freaks? :p
i usually just use "Yeah, sorry about the mess.. i knew you were comming but i couldn't be arsed to clean it up. If you just gather some speed and jump from the door onto my bed, then climb from the bed to my chair you should be just fine" :p

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
just clean up her room for her.... everytime you go round her house at least you'll know you wont be spending "quality" time sitting infront of the TV ! but instead in her bedroom were all sorts of magiks can happen.

Gamah

Banned
I'd hire Tilda to clean it in a little french maids outfit, hairy balls in a french maids outfit..she would never leave the place a mess again!

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
how often u been there? maybe it was clean this time but enxt time will be spotless and she has jsut been busy or something?

or just bring it up and tell her to be a real woman and clean.

Tilda

Darksword said:
or just bring it up and tell her to be a real woman and clean.
You really just make more of a dick of yourself in each post.

I'd let it slide, but perhaps say you prefer spending more time with her at your house because its cleaner. You've gotta be honest, but also tactful, you dont want to be honest in the -paranoid-for-the-rest-of-her-life style.
it may well be her dad and that she's just given up caring.

Remember relationships are all about compromise, have a think about what shes compromising with to be with you

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tilda said:
Remember relationships are all about compromise, have a think about what shes compromising with to be with you
haha, in a new relationship are you? :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
woah... worrying about toilet not being bleached? kinda excessive isnt it? :p

what do you want? to be able to smell the bleach? :D

and nothing wrong with a place if it looks abit lived in ;)

(maybe im a dirt freak, but im disturbed by people who have no dirt anywhere in their houses, as if they dont actually live there but just show guests around and stuff :p )

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ormorof said:
(maybe im a dirt freak, but im disturbed by people who have no dirt anywhere in their houses, as if they dont actually live there but just show guests around and stuff :p )
same, i dont really care about a bit of dirt or mess, my wife however is a clean freak, so i make a mess and she cleans it up. now thats comprmise!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
and tilda, PMs are private things ok! i am the boss of my house, just dont tell the wife.

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
if i were u, id volunteer to clean up the house with her...
if ur to lacy... then bring her to ur house :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom