What The Fuck Is Wrong With Albs

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
It's stupid thread like this that made me leave.

tbh this thread has turned into a reasonable thread. not too much flaming, ppl actually discussed the problem, and thinkin of ideas around it etc.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Ahh... when did you join TLW ?
1: Make a whine thread.
2: Sticky it.
3: Keep it contained in one thread, before the whole forum is closed due to the hijackings when applicable.

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
They should make artifacts NO DROP to prevent people selling them; that in itself may well solve a large part of the problem. If not then make the artifact dropping mob spawnable by players upon completing a non-trivial quest. That way you could invest the current time it takes to camp in completing a tricky quest and then spawn the mob on demand when you are ready to kill it and have all of the necessary people standing by to help.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
But then again after reading ur post/argument i dont expect more of u tbh.

omg... muppet!
I gave you an example why your one-world-one-relam attitude this isn´t gonna work because that´s exactly what´s gonna happen by all the leet guys/guilds. I didn´t say that this is what I´d do or appreciate. If you can´t distinguish between argument and personal assumption that´s your problem.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
Kalthorine said:
Agreed :clap:

If I were Mythic/GoA and more interested in player fulfilment than profit (one does wonder how many extremely sad people purchased extra accounts, even temporarily, in order to obtain "bots" they could use to perma-camp arty sites and Market Explorers... and I am sure there will be at least a few), then I would implement the following rules:

1. Introduce a radius around each artifact encounter site in which, if there is a character present, the artifact encounter does not pop... and chosen in such a way that the artifact encounter in question is not visible from outside that range. This would kill camping in one fell swoop, or at least cause people to be more "pro-active" in their camping by running in and out to see if the encounter is up.
  2. Introduce an "/artifactclaim" command - when used while the encounter mob is selected, it gives a 15 minute window during which time no one else can start the encounter (giving plenty of time for the person claiming to get his/her group together and preventing any "stealing" of the claimed encounter). If the 15 minutes run out before the encounter is started properly, the person who did the /artifactclaim cannot claim for a further 30 minutes, and is instantly ported to the nearest Haven.
  3. Also, if the artifact does drop then the person who did /artifactclaim would get it in their inventory instantly - they could then transfer it to one other player (NOT a Consignment Merchant) if they wish within 5 mins of the encounter ending, after which the artifact becomes non-transferable (including to CMs). This would get rid of ludicrously overinflated artifact trading, and would mean people would actually have to work for their artifacts.
  4. Reduce repop times but make encounters harder to compensate, and get rid of encounters where artifact drop rates are <100% (but make them MUCH harder).
I know a lot of people will rubbish the above set of rules, and I am sure someone else can come up with a set that make a lot more sense... but my point is that it can't be TOO hard for Mythic to come up with a fairer and more equitable set of rules surrounding how artifact encounters work and how the artifact is handled thereafter. Unfortunately, sometimes it is apparently too hard to see the wood for the money trees...

Agree on all but point 1, i can immagine ppl standing in the radius till its 4 in the night then when there are less ppl around go out of radius so the arti can pop, offcourse this would not be needed with short repop timers i.e. 1 hr or less because then everyone can just take his turn.
But for the rest its a great idea.

edit: typo's ;)

Terryammon

Fledgling Freddie
lol

i was speaking to someone about the rules of the game, and if some one says they are camping there with no action going on, you can just take over the spot, with out getting told off :flame: and he cant do anythink about it, even if he was in action and now gone afk, you can steel take the stop.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Kalthorine said:
Agreed :clap:

If I were Mythic/GoA and more interested in player fulfilment than profit (one does wonder how many extremely sad people purchased extra accounts, even temporarily, in order to obtain "bots" they could use to perma-camp arty sites and Market Explorers... and I am sure there will be at least a few), then I would implement the following rules:

1. Introduce a radius around each artifact encounter site in which, if there is a character present, the artifact encounter does not pop... and chosen in such a way that the artifact encounter in question is not visible from outside that range. This would kill camping in one fell swoop, or at least cause people to be more "pro-active" in their camping by running in and out to see if the encounter is up.
  2. Introduce an "/artifactclaim" command - when used while the encounter mob is selected, it gives a 15 minute window during which time no one else can start the encounter (giving plenty of time for the person claiming to get his/her group together and preventing any "stealing" of the claimed encounter). If the 15 minutes run out before the encounter is started properly, the person who did the /artifactclaim cannot claim for a further 30 minutes, and is instantly ported to the nearest Haven.
  3. Also, if the artifact does drop then the person who did /artifactclaim would get it in their inventory instantly - they could then transfer it to one other player (NOT a Consignment Merchant) if they wish within 5 mins of the encounter ending, after which the artifact becomes non-transferable (including to CMs). This would get rid of ludicrously overinflated artifact trading, and would mean people would actually have to work for their artifacts.
  4. Reduce repop times but make encounters harder to compensate, and get rid of encounters where artifact drop rates are <100% (but make them MUCH harder).
I know a lot of people will rubbish the above set of rules, and I am sure someone else can come up with a set that make a lot more sense... but my point is that it can't be TOO hard for Mythic to come up with a fairer and more equitable set of rules surrounding how artifact encounters work and how the artifact is handled thereafter. Unfortunately, sometimes it is apparently too hard to see the wood for the money trees...
Yup sounds nice.

Terryammon

Fledgling Freddie
lol

i was speaking to someone about the rules of the game, and if some one says they are camping there with no action going on, you can just take over the spot, with out getting told off :flame: and he cant do anythink about it, even if he was in action and now gone afk, you can steel take the stop.

-----==: DOA :==------
Terry minst
: lvl 48​
Faop necro
: lvl 50​
Mutly cleric
: lvl 43 (630 AC)​
Youare frair
: lvl 24 (833 alch)​

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Terryammon said:
i was speaking to someone about the rules of the game, and if some one says they are camping there with no action going on, you can just take over the spot, with out getting told off ... and he cant do anythink about it, even if he was in action and now gone afk, you can steel take the stop.

Terryammon said:
i was speaking to someone about the rules of the game, and if some one says they are camping there with no action going on, you can just take over the spot, with out getting told off ... and he cant do anythink about it, even if he was in action and now gone afk, you can steel take the stop.

Deja vu? :)

Oy, Terry... stop camping this thread! :twak: ;)

Starbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Trouble is Kalthorine is that if he remains inactive on this thread someone will take over.

I think that point as been established before, however if everyone went around acting like that the game would get real messy. And I think people would enjoy it even less, unless you were able to zerg everything.

if you are inactive though, I don't see how you can claim an artifact, eg if you are afk and do not comunicate with other people..that would be a sign that your afk camping. Is that fair? I dunno really...but if an encounter is up and no effort is being made to complete it then I think you must lose your claiming rights. Further more, I think if someone is make an effort but is unable to complete the encounter they should not expect to have exclusive rights for numerous attempts.

I think we should respect our fellow realm mates but that works both ways. If you going to claim an encounter, make sure you can first complete it within a reasonable time, and ensure you are able to communicate with anyone that could potentially start the encounter.

Kalthorine said:

Deja vu? :)

Oy, Terry... stop camping this thread! :twak: ;)

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Starbuck said:
Trouble is Kalthorine is that if he remains inactive on this thread someone will take over
lol... nice analogy... touche matey! :cheers:

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh with many of the artifacts the main problem is actually making the mob spawn, some many arts can be done by 2-4 persons, therefore it is actually reasonable that the one who spend some hours camping should get artifact. And attacking a mob someone is waiting to do is just plain rude, just like taking the artifact when mob is killed, like you can with many arts.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Would hope that if an artifact was obviously camped, people wouldn't just roam in and take it. Its just good manners.

Toa has really messed up the whole spirit of the game imo, far more arguments and real nastiness now than there ever was :/

Cant understand why mythic decided to have such silly respawn timers and none 100% drops, it merely causes frustration for the people involved who feel they need the item to be able to compete.

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
So whats the arti whine threads that deal with rude folks up to now then people? :)

Starbuck

Fledgling Freddie
I agree...and is essentially what I'm saying.

On the flip side, I think its rude to claim an encounter if you are unable to complete it, or complete it withint a reasonable time (I don't know waht is reasonable but if someone took hours to get people together I'd say that was unfair to others). Don't know if that happens a lot but I've read a few posts like that.

I think ToA as a whole is not that bad, good in some aspects, but as Eroda has pointed out..pop timers screw up the balance.

Illtar said:
Tbh with many of the artifacts the main problem is actually making the mob spawn, some many arts can be done by 2-4 persons, therefore it is actually reasonable that the one who spend some hours camping should get artifact. And attacking a mob someone is waiting to do is just plain rude, just like taking the artifact when mob is killed, like you can with many arts.

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
All this comes down to ppl being cival and respecting each other like adults <lol?> .GoA dont police it and prolly never will so ....imo first pulled first served it looks like tbh its sad but thats the way its looks ... If u have to make a complaint tbh complain to right now oh btw u will get response like..... complaint ref : 12341233l33t hi thank you for your complaint we have recieved your complaint and will look in to it ,
Thanks again <ROFL> ure GoA GANK SQUAD
P.S looking forward to our Christmas bonus btw we are gonna wtf pwn teh bar imo !! :wij:

Zede

Part of the furniture
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Cool! I park a bot next to gov and camp the next 5 spawns, ok? Or wait, 10 spawns, my friend needs some too. And I`ll tell my entire guuild to roll lvl 20 chars and stick them to arti spots, basically claiming ToA for me and my guild.

You CAN NOT camp anything in this game. Look at all the threads concerning this problem... 99% of them are about person X camped and didn´t pull, then poerson Y came and pulled. Sitting in front of a campspot doesn´t give you any right whatsoever about the arti. All you get is a small advantage of being the first to see the arti spawn and you can call your mates to do the encounter. But if you fail to gather a large enough force and another group passes by... bad luck. Nobody asked you to sit there and waste your time, so don´t try and create some sort of moral privilege out of it.

You hit the nail on the head there m8.

spot on post

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
tbh if ur talking about veracruz/mytsharp - we camped it all day yesterday and no spawn and he camped it all day today - AND no he wasnt gonna sell he was gonna GIVE it to me cos i desperatly need it , He contacted requiel and foudn out it was bugged so HE wasted really 2 days, but if were not talking about him then I dont know the story :eek6:

Robber

Fledgling Freddie
When an encounter is up I'd like to se a merchant pop randomly in the vacinity of the encounter where you have to find him to activate it. Once activated you are given a set time say 30 mins for SoM (easy for most to get to) to start the encounter, if you fail to start it before your timer runs out your account is blocked from being involved in any way with the encounter for say 6 hours. The merchant repops in the vacinity allowing others to have a go.
Just a thought :)

Cheers
Robber

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
aleron said:
But to start be rude to ppl that dont wanna help on those conditions? And, he reported me for telling "lol, noob" I cant wait to get a msg from goa ^^

"Helping" someone = Join the group, get the arti, leave the group
But joining the group only if you can roll for the item, isn't helping them... more of a compromise :p

+ If you're calling him a "noob" etc... shouldn't expect him to sweet talk you in return!

Anyway, most of the hostility happens from the initial contact:
camper: fo tis camped
cruiser: lolol m8 who tf r u?

Things would be so much easier if it went like this
camper: Good day cruiser!
cruiser: Well met camper!
camper: I say... is that a scroll in your pocket...?

:sex:

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Anyway, most of the hostility happens from the initial contact:
camper: fo tis camped
cruiser: lolol m8 who tf r u?

Things would be so much easier if it went like this
camper: Good day cruiser!
cruiser: Well met camper!
camper: I say... is that a scroll in your pocket...?

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
I dunno, but these two dialogues made my day!

Sololson

Fledgling Freddie
Where did all the fun go?

This is just a game - nothing (and I mean it) more to be gained for RL than FUN, some good company etc. Sometimes I am getting the feeling that people are trying to make up in game for all the missing recognition and success they do not get in RL but this is just a game - it wont give you any recognition in RL - no better job - no higher grades - nothing. If you can persist in a game you can persist in RL and thats where you should camp for hours I guess :) (try it with employers you might be surprised it can work)... not to mention that even with a top gear but no sense of group play you might not rock after all ;-)

Still hoping the fun and group playing aspects becomes more important again but looking at all the players leaving these last few weeks it needs us all to get it back into the game. So guess the future of daoc is ours .. we can let the game die or play it differently ... our call..

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
"Helping" someone = Join the group, get the arti, leave the group
But joining the group only if you can roll for the item, isn't helping them... more of a compromise
"

Exactly

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
tbh most of the problem would be sorted if mythic just droped the spawn rate for artifacts. from say 8/24h to mabey 2-4h it would save a lot of ingame problems imho. but then again this is just my view, :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom