What The Fuck Is Wrong With Albs

aleron

Fledgling Freddie
The artis have gone to our heads, been camping GoV and ppl are like mad.

This morning I became so angry on a guy for claming he had camped it for 8 hours and I left him alone with it... he called my other char and told it had popped, saw he died from aggro so I offered to come and help and rez him.

I joined his BG and I even dragged my BB there becourse I desperatly want the arti. When all my chars where there I asked just to be sure if it was ffa and was not. Told him that I had a irl thing I did have to skipp if I would to stay.

Now he didnt like that, and just told me bye.. so I left.... just to test the guy I logged another char inand asked if he needed a fop cleric, withc ofc he did.

Now so far all is ok, I dont like ppl camping, but sometimes its the only way.

I did say to him that I wanted to roll for it, and he did say it was not ffa. Then I did say ok, then I dont want to help. Normaly I would but had to go to doctor and could have skipped it.. but not just to help someone I dont know.

So he told me I was ruide that I didnt want to come, now. Ok, sure.. can see it from hispoint of view, but I did take it as an insult.

So I ran there, steltehd with my scout and told him how to do it with a small grp. But he never started so I asked when he was about to start, else I would do it. This he didnt like att all :worthy: , so he told me to bugg off... now he dont own alb.. so I just told him ok give it a try then I do it if ya die.

Now, he starts to call me Naaguuk well, dont know this guy/girl but I gues he did something realy bad. Then they ran of for more ppl and left one there behind. And I was abit angry now, and they did take the path trou all the camps and died... of angyness I called him a noob for dieing; Ok stupid me, was bad I know.. but just lost my temper after he did say, I understand why you dont have a guild. :( I do, just not with my new made char

And its like this every singel time a hard arti is up, cant we just all be friends and do it the regular way with Random? Camping a encounter for 8 hours or atleast claiming u did dont automaticly give you the right to the arti. But then again I understand that u think you do. But to start be rude to ppl that dont wanna help on those conditions? And, he reported me for telling "lol, noob" I cant wait to get a msg from goa ^^

SECOND, I have been yelld on for camping battler, and kill him alone...

One what is wrong with this? I run up there its free uncamped I kill it.
Second can you just start beeing rude to me about it. I pay to play just as you
Third Everyone that have came when battler is up and I started to kill him that have been nice, I have made a bg with and gave the battler for free to this person. PPL that starts to yell, is without.
Forth I farm battler becourse I need the sleeves to scout, caba, wiz, cleric and my new made theurg.

So stop fucking yell on me for this!!!!!!!!!

Ok, end of my complaning :worthy:

Cant we just start help ppl instead of beeing money / arti greedy, well now this is me.

And I cant spell, I know :wij:

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
I appreciate and understand why you feel strongly about this and I do sympathise with anyone who has ever experienced abuse or rude behaviour to do with artifacts and camping... ToA has a lot to answer for in terms of the way it brings out the worst in a lot of people. I won't comment on the specifics of your situation, however, as I don't believe in doing so without hearing all sides of an argument.

I would just like to make three points, if I may, and please do not take offence as none is intended:

1) This is not just a problem with Albion, but with all Realms.

2) Too many people forget that this is, after all, just a game... The day that everyone wakes up and realises that getting stressed over whether or not a particular bunch of binary data and pixels has your name on it is really rather ridiculous, the better it will be for all of us :)

3) I hope you don't mind my saying, but I would really rather that people be careful not to use the "F" word or similar expletives in thread titles. I know that, however much I disapprove, people sometimes feel strongly enough about something that they feel they have to swear in the text of posts themselves (although personally I think it shows a distinct lack of imagination to do so), but I do think that more care should be taken in thread titles, please...

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
If this guy needed the arti for his toon and he'd realy been there camping 8hrs he shouldn't do a ffa imo, but that doesn't give him the right to be rude when someone proposes a ffa.
But if he just wants the arti to sell he should bugger off.
I can understand both points of vieuw here but camping for 8 hrs can get you a little bit aggitated tbh.
Anyway if you don't want to help if there's no roll for it, why don't you just sit back relax and hope for a wipe ?

aleron

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, and he did lie about the 8 hours... :) He just told that

Been there checking from time to time since 3 this mornign, since I was sick and could not sleep :)

Anyway, its a game, made the thread so ppl would start thinking, be nice, have fun, dont yell on me :)

And for the F word, well, there is not a child over 10 that have not heard it. But if ppl dont like to read it, sure, I stop using it.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
With all the attitudes lately i would gather fg of people and just zoom to the spot and kill Danos if i were you mate. So he camped 260 hours ..... if you are billy no mates, you wont be able to do it no matter how long you are camping the spot. I would of course invite the camper to the bg and let him roll for it along with the person who needed the arti in already created group.

Many people wouldnt and find an excuse.

PS: why is it always 8 hours camping with GoV, i have heard it 5-6 times already ... "ive camped GoV for 8 hours come help me pro bono, otherwise i will call you a clueless sod".

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Hope the doctors appointment you missed/were going to miss wasn't too important :/

aleron

Fledgling Freddie
Ivan said:
With all the attitudes lately i would gather fg of people and just zoom to the spot and kill Danos if i were you mate. So he camped 260 hours ..... if you are billy no mates, you wont be able to do it no matter how long you are camping the spot. I would of course invite the camper to the bg and let him roll for it along with the person who needed the arti in already created group.

Many people wouldnt and find an excuse.

PS: why is it always 8 hours camping with GoV, i have heard it 5-6 times already ... "ive camped GoV for 8 hours come help me pro bono, otherwise i will call you a clueless sod".

:worthy:

Danzaz

Fledgling Freddie
If a guy camps a spawn for [insert ammount] hours i really dont see why ppl show up with a fg and run it over, recently camped SoM for 8 hours and died on the mobs, Rose showed up and helped us with it instead of taking it for themselves, big TY to the guild Rose and to their GM´s for this.

I see no point in beeing rude/"stealing" and artifact, why not just help the ppl that camped it and move on?

And pls no more of this Coc shit, sick and tired of ppl throwing "u cant camp a spawn" in ur face just cuz u cant have all ur m8s/guild m8s logged at a spawn 24/7.

Imo the decent thing to do is to let the one that camped it / help the one that camped it to get the artifact and move on.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
aleron said:
So stop fucking yell on me for this!!!!!!!!!
you :twak: me for :touch: 'ing someone who called me a 'bloody bluecon caba' coz I dared signing up for one of his ML raids with a non-lvl50 char and in another thread throws strong insults and swearwords at me and THEN you come up with yet another artifact whine? the ToA-Syndrome is stl0ng this days :m00:

anyway, givf me a shout if you need help with GoV in case you decide to camp him anyay. won't roll for it etc as I got it already on the chars I need 'em on, just trying to make the realm stronger! :cheers:

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Danzaz said:
And pls no more of this Coc shit, sick and tired of ppl throwing "u cant camp a spawn" in ur face just cuz u cant have all ur m8s/guild m8s logged at a spawn 24/7.

Imo the decent thing to do is to let the one that camped it / help the one that camped it to get the artifact and move on.
agreed, as long as "camped m8!" isn't the first thing you get thrown in your face when you come into clipping-range of some encounter... that's what I'm sick of :puke:

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Much preferred Monty Pythons's take on formation camping... much funnier and no ones feelings were hurt (well, maybe a few drill sergeants...)

images

:fluffle:

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I don't like camping artis but sadly sometimes it is necessary...

I camped Danos for almost 4 days... Why? Because I always missed him and could never get into an arti grp doing the encounter...

While it can be said that camping DOES give you is first warning that the mobs up and usually guilds/alliances will help those they know have bored themselves to death at one spot on a non FFA basis :) (Damn grateful I was too)

What it DOES NOT give you, is the god given right to automatically own the arti or to prevent any1 else from killing it...

Outta respect for the camper, he/she should get a fair chance to gather a grp but if someone else is in line, has the people and the camper cannot get them then they have to step aside, simple as...

I know it hurts (I've had to step aside myself) but it has to be that way

aleron

Fledgling Freddie
Good points,

And I agree to many!

Camp all you want, that helps you get the arti.

If you cant get what is needed, stand away for others that have!

Dont yell, dont be rude, its a game. :eek7:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Would've told the guy to fuck off and got a group to zerg arti :eek:

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
aleron said:
Camp all you want, that helps you get the arti.

If you cant get what is needed, stand away for others that have!

Dont yell, don't be rude, its a game. :eek7:

Nice, concise, logical... any way we can get this included in the CoC? :)

aleron

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Would've told the guy to fuck off and got a group to zerg arti :eek:

Was already sorted, just after all the yelling decided to stand off and get the angry one the arti. Cant start giving angry ppl heart atacks :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

Cool! I park a bot next to gov and camp the next 5 spawns, ok? Or wait, 10 spawns, my friend needs some too. And I`ll tell my entire guuild to roll lvl 20 chars and stick them to arti spots, basically claiming ToA for me and my guild.

You CAN NOT camp anything in this game. Look at all the threads concerning this problem... 99% of them are about person X camped and didn´t pull, then poerson Y came and pulled. Sitting in front of a campspot doesn´t give you any right whatsoever about the arti. All you get is a small advantage of being the first to see the arti spawn and you can call your mates to do the encounter. But if you fail to gather a large enough force and another group passes by... bad luck. Nobody asked you to sit there and waste your time, so don´t try and create some sort of moral privilege out of it.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
TBH, I see camping a spot as ok. If someone wants the arti that bad that they will sit and wait for it to spawn then get their mates there then fair enough. I wouldn't go an pull the mob, I would atleast let them try first.

But to just come along and pull a mob knowing full well someone has been sat their for ages, granted nothing against pulling any mob you want in the CoC. But it's still harsh.

Danzaz

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Cool! I park a bot next to gov and camp the next 5 spawns, ok? Or wait, 10 spawns, my friend needs some too. And I`ll tell my entire guuild to roll lvl 20 chars and stick them to arti spots, basically claiming ToA for me and my guild.

I said the decent thing to do, not forcing anyone to do this etc.

I guess in ur case u would steamroll the artifact doing
/y HAHA CoC RULES!!! QQ MORE NOOB!!

But then again after reading ur post/argument i dont expect more of u tbh.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I camped Nailah's for 30minutes last night when Xeanor comes wandering along and asks if I'm going to do it. I told him I'd like to but couldn't get the people, he says he can and so I join and help him get it for credit and MLXP. To be honest if he'd right out asked me if he could take it I would have said yes, hell he's helped how many people with master levels recently?

Why can't people just be reasonable and help each other? Do you really need that artifact RIGHT NOW or can it wait a few days. I've never camped an artifact for more than 30mins/1hour but I still have some of the hardest ones to get.. perhaps because there's no need to camp and then get bitchy with anyone that dares go near it? :eek7:

There are a lot of reasonable, mature and rather nice people in Albion but unfortunately those that camp artifacts usually aren't amoungst that group.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
CoC says about respecting other players

if someone camps here over night and is forming a group when it spawns and someone comes and starts too pull,knows he's been there a while...how is that respecting other players?

i believe in camping,some dont but then again people dont think alike.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Danzaz said:
Am i forcing u to make the right decision then?
Oh and btw
Decent = morally proper

No, but you sure seem to think morally proper = right, which is not along my line of reasoning.

Oh and by the way, decent or morally proper is a flexible thing, while some consider it morally proper to wipe the arse with piece of cloth instead of paper, others do not.

PS: oh i will respect any player provided he/she deserves that respect. do not ask me to respect MckFly tho :p

Starbuck

Fledgling Freddie
The issue is this I think:

What is deemed as reasonable in camping situations? Can someone claim an encounter if they can't raise an army for hours? Is that fair to others?

Also on Rolling for artis, I'd be willing to help anyone, but I find that I don't get help in return...which is really what the title of this thread is all about.

If people were willing to help each other we wouldn't have this problem, however due to the fact that these things pop so rarely and it takes so long to camp them is it then fair to expect people to help when its very unlikely they will be able to get one for themselves. I think the answer is no...thats asking too much of strangers. If you have some good friends fine, but I'd expect that you'd return them the favor at some point

Any time I do an artifact I will always open it for all to roll that help me, even if I have to camp it. And I would expect the same of anyone else due to these artifact conditions.

This may not be the preferred apporach, but when it comes to long repop times I think this is fair.

Personally, I would like to see artifcats removed form the game as they cause more trouble than they are worth. If not removing them, make all encounters insta pops, even if you make the encounters much tougher to complete.

The concept of sitting around and waiting for hours, just to be able to get 1 shot and getting an artifact in my opinion is the most ridiculous concept I've ever seen in a game. Games are supposed to be fun.

Starbuck

Fledgling Freddie
Another issue on camping..whats to stop someone farming an artifact and chain camping it..they might be in a position where they are able to leave there char logged in 24hours.....is that fair to the realm?

I would view this as bad, but then why do we see artifacts for sale on CM's? Someone is farming them that dosen't need them.

Camping is fine for most things in the game, its fair for all. However I really don't think it works with mobs that have long pop times. And people should not have to camp for hours just to get a shot.

I don't know what the answer is.

I'd rather have to kill a mob like apoc to get these things if they are so valuable! rather than wait stupid times to kills something that can sometimes be duo'ed! Its nonsence to me.

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Starbuck said:

I would view this as bad, but then why do we see artifacts for sale on CM's? Someone is farming them that doesn't need them.

Camping is fine for most things in the game, its fair for all. However I really don't think it works with mobs that have long pop times. And people should not have to camp for hours just to get a shot.

I'd rather have to kill a mob like apoc to get these things if they are so valuable! rather than wait stupid times to kills something that can sometimes be duo'ed!.

Agreed :clap:

If I were Mythic/GoA and more interested in player fulfilment than profit (one does wonder how many extremely sad people purchased extra accounts, even temporarily, in order to obtain "bots" they could use to perma-camp arty sites and Market Explorers... and I am sure there will be at least a few), then I would implement the following rules:

1. Introduce a radius around each artifact encounter site in which, if there is a character present, the artifact encounter does not pop... and chosen in such a way that the artifact encounter in question is not visible from outside that range. This would kill camping in one fell swoop, or at least cause people to be more "pro-active" in their camping by running in and out to see if the encounter is up.
  2. Introduce an "/artifactclaim" command - when used while the encounter mob is selected, it gives a 15 minute window during which time no one else can start the encounter (giving plenty of time for the person claiming to get his/her group together and preventing any "stealing" of the claimed encounter). If the 15 minutes run out before the encounter is started properly, the person who did the /artifactclaim cannot claim for a further 30 minutes, and is instantly ported to the nearest Haven.
  3. Also, if the artifact does drop then the person who did /artifactclaim would get it in their inventory instantly - they could then transfer it to one other player (NOT a Consignment Merchant) if they wish within 5 mins of the encounter ending, after which the artifact becomes non-transferable (including to CMs). This would get rid of ludicrously overinflated artifact trading, and would mean people would actually have to work for their artifacts.
  4. Reduce repop times but make encounters harder to compensate, and get rid of encounters where artifact drop rates are <100% (but make them MUCH harder).
I know a lot of people will rubbish the above set of rules, and I am sure someone else can come up with a set that make a lot more sense... but my point is that it can't be TOO hard for Mythic to come up with a fairer and more equitable set of rules surrounding how artifact encounters work and how the artifact is handled thereafter. Unfortunately, sometimes it is apparently too hard to see the wood for the money trees...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom