What the best spec for a Scout, And wich race is the best!!!!

G

Grya

Hi guys.

Wanna start a scout this week, maybe u guys have some tips for me what to spec until lvl 24? And wich race i need to be?
Maybe i wanna lvl him until 50 but i dont know of it yet.

Greetz Grya NightWalker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grya NightWalker 13th Season Necromancer

Freamas Odisus 34th Season Beserker ( pryd///mid )

G

Grya

And what is the best weapon to use???????

Greetz Grya NightWalker
-----------------------------------------------------------

C

Cronn

A BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Cronn
A BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na, stones. Bows don't hit as hard.

A

Arafier

But where are they going to get stones from without destroying some of our much needed keeps?

I say use blades of grass, they'd hit as often as arrows....

O

old.Odysseus

If u wanna used ranged weapons i recommend rolling a merc - less fumbles and misses ;)

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Grya
Hi guys.

Wanna start a scout this week, maybe u guys have some tips for me what to spec until lvl 24? And wich race i need to be?
Maybe i wanna lvl him until 50 but i dont know of it yet.

Greetz Grya NightWalker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best spec for a scout in bg is

18 thrust
21 cs
15 envenom
19 stealth
rest dw
:)

50 is

50 thrust
44 cs
35 envenom
35 stealth
rest dw

E

Eggy

Re: Re: What the best spec for a Scout, And wich race is the best!!!!

Originally posted by Conchabar

18 thrust
21 cs
15 envenom
19 stealth
rest dw

50 is

50 thrust
44 cs
35 envenom
35 stealth
rest dw

Was that a joke, or can't you read?

O

old.Odysseus

Re: Re: What the best spec for a Scout, And wich race is the best!!!!

Originally posted by Conchabar

18 thrust
21 cs
15 envenom
19 stealth
rest dw

50 is

50 thrust
44 cs
35 envenom
35 stealth
rest dw
COOL!
I'll go respec my scout at once :rolleyes:

O

old.LandShark

Odysseus, Eggy, meet sarcasm. Sarcasm, meet.... oh, you've already met?

V

Vasconcelos

Pfffffft and thats bit far the best specc for an infil in bg

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Odysseus, Eggy, meet sarcasm. Sarcasm, meet.... oh, you've already met?
You saying we just owned ourselves?
Or did we cruelly apply double-sarcasm?
Or ?? <Make up more stuff here>

J

Jiggs

scouts are pretty cool, i hit pretty hard, i can heal, buff and i do OK against stealthers...

of course typing Y-E-S at level 24 and making a friar is the super secret bit they _don't_ tell you about in the scout guides.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Scouts are fun for the BG1, at the moment they are no fun at lvl 50 (mainly due to 150 SB's with see hidden).

Best race I believe depends on whether you go slash or thrust. With a buffbot I would go slash (best against SB's), otherwise go thrust (depends on dex/str, not only str). I feel a Briton scout is the best if you go slash, otherwise a saracen is nice with thrust.

If I could repick race on my scout, I would go Briton.
If you go full melee, like Mythic wants, go highlander :)
At the moment the most common spec is 35 stealth, 40 longbow, 42 shield, 35 slash/thrust. At 40 longbow skill my bow max cap is 1011hp hits (but you never make those, due to (p)bt, misses and fumbles).
To stay sane, and feel scouts still have a use in this game, lvl one till 24, get sc'd gear, and go to the BG, with around 20 stealth (inc items) maxed longbow, rest slash/shield.
Regards, Glottis

E

erhardt

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
At 40 longbow skill my bow max cap is 1011hp hits (but you never make those, due to (p)bt, misses and fumbles).
Regards, Glottis

Glottis how do you cakculate the maximum damage cap. ?

And Gray, I have just mafe me a Scout, he is currently lvl 7, I made spellcrafted gear for him up to lvl 30. If you want to, you can enherit the gear when it is nolonger of use to me.
But that depends on if I level faster than you.

S

skile

Could be ok to play at BG. No point in getting it to 50 tho.

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by erhardt
how do you cakculate the maximum damage cap. ?

The easiest is to just shoot a grey con low lvl mob(preferably a lvl 0 mob). Allthough there is no need to calculate the cap as you are not going to place your specpoints in longbow because of your cap damage. You will never cap your damage on anything that's even con unless you are very lucky with targets that have no/bad armour or against casters who forgot their shields.

You will die a 100 times for every cap you hit. Probably more. :p

S

skile

RR9 from grouping and playing when scouts were good yeh. But sure, Aussie knows his scout.

J

Jergiot

if u make a scout im gonna do lots of /slaps when i see u ingame.
bg1 scout sure, great fun, no pbt, casters dont know how to use self bt yet, the missing and fumbling havent started yet. lvl 50, well just dont.

B

belth

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
(mainly due to 150 SB's with see hidden).

Don't forget the hibbies... "We need SH because of Gorge campers, we're too scrawny and gimped to run thru Gorge in fg+ without SH, <insert more random whines by hibs here>" ;)

B

bishibosh

Theres no such thing as a good scout spec, but try 50slash 42 shield rest stealth highlander anyway, by 48 ull have a mighty 12 in lb .

K

K0nah

the only place a scout can be a scout like teh ole days is in BG1.

best race for bg1, saracen no question. starting points 10dex 10qui 10con or 15dex 5con 5qui imo

trust me on this tho: GET 24 STEALTH WITH ITEMS or you are sb/sz food, u will be anyway if they walk over u, but at least with 24 stealth they wont see u from like 3m. some of the poor saps wandering around the bg1 trying to have a good time with shiite stealth just make me wanna laugh tbh, there was a nightshade i owned so often that i stopped killing him and just blew him kisses instead, poor thing :p

suggest 19stealth 24bow 8sheild 10thrust, all +5 from items, especially stealth/bow.

forget slash, sb's will still pwn u (hullo LeftAxe!) least with thrust u can put the bleed on them so they dont restealth while u run like a scared little girl ;)

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by skile
RR9 from grouping and playing when scouts were good yeh.

:ROFLMAO: ok. what ever ;)

What comes to the spec:

39 slash
42 shield
36 stealth
37 bow

or sumt.

G

greenfingers

true, I pwned with my scout back in like 1.52 or something :)
got 24 Bow, 18 Stealth, 8 Shield and 12 Thrust ... hehe I killed on 2 hits.. NEVER .. I mean NEVER missed Crit hit .. NEVAAARRR!!!!

now, on BG1 Scout's are gimped .. sadly .. and loohl... I often see SB's and Hunters with like 10 stealth or so, only to get high melee hit .. pretty lol :p

Edit: ohh yeah, and my lvl 50 spec is :
48 Bow
42 Shield
21 Thrust
and then comes the hard part.. stealth ...
I was thinking of 36 Stealth, but then again .. I COULD take it down to 34 and go 24 Thrust, JUST to do 10 more dmg or so in melee ...

Im gonna think it over ... atleast I got the time for it ...

N

necromancia

IMHO a scout is a very fun class to play even if they gimped it with the See Hidden stuff :(

I would choose a Saracen as the ideal class for a scout, since they have a high dex and quickness.

For speccing, I would say check the character builder on daoc catacombs at http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder3.cfm
There you can check out various combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom