What spurs you on in life?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
MaCaBr3 said:
I have absolutely no drive in life. I'm positive at the outside, but very negative and pessimistic on the inside. The only thing that drives me is that I have some kind of quality to make people who are close to me happy. Exept for myself.

I don't think my life is miserable, but if I could, I would start over again 10 years ago and make up some kind of plan or achieve some goals.
I guess I kind of agree with you. I cannot say that I have a drive in my life, I don't get up in the morning whooping with warmth and joy for a new day with XXX. It'd be nice to just get back for a few years or try again, I know that I'll sure as hell be playing less daoc then, although I have made a fair few mates from playing it :)

cmr

Banned
When you die a big score board will come up showing the top killers and where you came!

so i intend to become number #1 and beat hitler! cant let ze germans win!

Sorin

Banned
As everything else in this univers we are here to become what we are not.

What drives us is nature, the less powerfull word "Hope", and something to believe in.

The meaning of life is to give death a reason, a purpose.

We are all bound by this... The only thing we can do, is get the best out of the life we have now... Do the things we like to do, weather its to kill people, or to help them.

In our world everything has an opposite.. everything from a bottlecap to a univers...

Good and evil, strong and weak.

Both of these examples actually depends on ones point of view, just like everything else.

If you ask me... This world is crap.. that simple.

We got a set of rules we have to follow:

1, It costs money to live.
2, Its always in the end that you see the choices you never knew you took.
3, You'd rather regret something you did, than regret something you never got to do.
4, The problem with wanting something, is the fear of losing it.
5, There is no such thing as freedom, since that also depends on ones point of view.
6, Everything has an opposite.
7, Everyone needs someone or something to belive in.

These are just a few of those rules we go by without knowing about it.
and the sad thing about it is, we need them to exist.
Because we are humans.

God, is just another result of human faith.

Anyway.. back to the "opposite"

I belive that everything ends as its opposite... everything.

And what is everythings opposite?

well... its "nothing".

If you can see nothing as a thing. then thats what we will become.

We live, exist, can see, can smell... we exist.

Everything will turn into nothing when we die.

I also belive that our lives repeat themselfs the exact same way.
and they will do so for an eternity.. it won't stop.. it can't stop.

This explains Deja Vü.

Eternity is timeless.. the result of its opposite.

We will be the same persons in the next life, we will have the same names, look the same, and make the same choices..

Sure, it sucks like hell.. but who are we to decide what happens in the univers?? we are just a small part of it.

Thank you, thank you. ;)

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Sorin said:
We got a set of rules we have to follow:

3, You'd rather regret something you did, than regret something you never got to do.
5, There is no such thing as freedom, since that also depends on ones point of view.

What drives me forward, is the will to never forget that the above is complete and utter bullshit. I want to be able to look back as im about to die (or if there turns out to be an afterlife, then after im dead) and be able to say that i never bought into other peoples stupid rules on what i should and shouldnt do, but that i did MY best, on my own, of my own free will, to live a good life.

I dont care if i get noticed doing it, or if anyone else knows but me, but I want to know.

Sorin

Banned
NikonL said:
What drives me forward, is the will to never forget that the above is complete and utter bullshit. I want to be able to look back as im about to die (or if there turns out to be an afterlife, then after im dead) and be able to say that i never bought into other peoples stupid rules on what i should and shouldnt do, but that i did MY best, on my own, of my own free will, to live a good life.

I dont care if i get noticed doing it, or if anyone else knows but me, but I want to know.

My point.... some belive, some doesn't .
Some can see, some can't.

Durgi

Fledgling Freddie
the same thing that drives me every night pinky!

To try to take over the world!

D.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Sorin said:
The meaning of life is to give death a reason, a purpose.
That is just gibberish. Why is the death compared with life here? After all, death should be compared with birth. There is no equivalent to life. And to give death a reason? Explain what reason that should be then? One dies because one has lived .. ?
We are all bound by this... The only thing we can do, is get the best out of the life we have now... Do the things we like to do, weather its to kill people, or to help them.
What "hope" (as u said it) does a murderer have then? He hopes to achieve as many murders and profit as possible then? =/
In our world everything has an opposite.. everything from a bottlecap to a univers...

Good and evil, strong and weak.
You, sir, watch to much Charmed.
1) It doesn't cost money to live, it costs money to live comfortable to Western standards.
2) I don't get that one. Are you saying that people realize that they've made the wrong choices in the end? If so, isn't that blatantly logic? If we could know the correct choices, it wouldn't be a choice, would it?
3) I tend to disagree, there are a lot of things that I regret of never doing.
4) Fear is an emotion that makes us human, as is desire. If you don't have fear of losing something or someone, then you do not love them.
5) As you say yourself, it depends on ones point of view. I consider myself free.
6) Elaborate.
7) Thus the point of this topic? What drives you?

I also belive that our lives repeat themselfs the exact same way.
and they will do so for an eternity.. it won't stop.. it can't stop.

This explains Deja Vü.
Nobody knows for sure what will happen after we die, if that what's you believe, good for you.

Sure, it sucks like hell.. but who are we to decide what happens in the univers?? we are just a small part of it.
Who are we? Ourselves. I don't see us being orchestrad by God from above. Hanging like dummies dancing on his ropes. Seriously, we live our own lives. I decide if I want to get up now or if I want to take a bath. The small part that we are in the universe consists the world that we live in, and you try to tell me that we do not decide what happens in our world? We manage it.

Thank you, thank you. ;)
Sure thing.

Sorin

Banned
Congax said:
That is just gibberish. Why is the death compared with life here? After all, death should be compared with birth. There is no equivalent to life. And to give death a reason? Explain what reason that should be then? One dies because one has lived .. ?

Yep.. the opposite of life is death.

Congax said:
What "hope" (as u said it) does a murderer have then? He hopes to achieve as many murders and profit as possible then? =/

Ask one.

Congax said:
You, sir, watch to much Charmed.

Whatever that is?
Would happy and unhappy, rich and poor be better?

Congax said:
1) It doesn't cost money to live, it costs money to live comfortable to Western standards.

Let me turn "money" into "something" instead

I'm pretty sure that over 90% of the world pays "something" to live.
We do need food afterall.

Congax said:
2) I don't get that one. Are you saying that people realize that they've made the wrong choices in the end? If so, isn't that blatantly logic? If we could know the correct choices, it wouldn't be a choice, would it?

Allow me to make an example:

You just got of the job...
But on the way out, you meet a hot chick.. you talk to her for 5 minutes or so, then you leave..

You walk over the way to the busstop and then a truck hits you..

You wake up in the hospital a few hours later, and it is there that you see
the choices you didn't know you made

You chose to stay and talk with a chick,
But you didn't know that by doing that, you also chose to get hit by a truck.

Congax said:
3) I tend to disagree, there are a lot of things that I regret of never doing.

Some belive, some don't.

Congax said:
4) Fear is an emotion that makes us human, as is desire. If you don't have fear of losing something or someone, then you do not love them.

As i said.. we would not exist without these.

Congax said:
5) As you say yourself, it depends on ones point of view. I consider myself free.

good for you.

Congax said:
7) Thus the point of this topic? What drives you?

Myself.

Congax said:
Nobody knows for sure what will happen after we die, if that what's you believe, good for you.

No, its crap

Congax said:
Who are we? Ourselves. I don't see us being orchestrad by God from above. Hanging like dummies dancing on his ropes. Seriously, we live our own lives. I decide if I want to get up now or if I want to take a bath. The small part that we are in the universe consists the world that we live in, and you try to tell me that we do not decide what happens in our world? We manage it.

There is no god. and yes, we live our lives and make our own choices, there is no fate... however.. our lives still repeats themselfs.

We decide what happens in our world yes.. but not in the univers.

Congax said:
Sure thing.

yes indeed.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Atleast attempt to create some decent arguments instead of sprouting 'the deep shit' and expect to get applauded for it.

I ask for reasons for certain of your comments, you give none. I ask you to elaborate comments, you did not do so. I already cannot see the point continuing this, as it's pretty clear to me that you're just attempting to stand out in some sort of way.

Good luck with that anyway.

Sorin

Banned
Congax said:
Atleast attempt to create some decent arguments instead of sprouting 'the deep shit' and expect to get applauded for it.

I ask for reasons for certain of your comments, you give none. I ask you to elaborate comments, you did not do so. I already cannot see the point continuing this, as it's pretty clear to me that you're just attempting to stand out in some sort of way.

Good luck with that anyway.

No, i'm done-- thanks anyway.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Sorin said:
You chose to stay and talk with a chick. But you didn't know that by doing that, you also chose to get hit by a truck. [...] There is no god. and yes, we live our lives and make our own choices, [...] We decide what happens in our world yes.. but not in the univers.
Thus we are free? Since a choice isn't really a choice if there is no freedom...

Sorin said:
I don't think you can compare things that easily. I'd rather regret not going to some concert in order to study for school ( so regreting studying for school as something I did do) than I'd want to regret not killing someone. It depends much more on what you regret than on whether you did the act you regret or not. [edited, made a mistake]

Sorin said:
Surely if you want something you don't have it and thus can't lose it?

noblok

Part of the furniture
noblok said:
I don't think you can compare things that easily. I'd rather regret not going to some concert in order to study for school ( so regreting studying for school as something I did do) than I'd want to regret not killing someone. It depends much more on what you regret than on whether you did the act you regret or not. [edited, made a mistake]
Ugh, misread my own post and thus screwed up my point by editing it.

"I'd rather regret not going to some concert in order to study for school than I'd want to regret killing someone. It depends much more on what you regret than on whether you did the act you regret or not." was in fact correct :/

Sorin

Banned
noblok said:
Thus we are free? Since a choice isn't really a choice if there is no freedom...

Once again. "Free" depends on point of view.

noblok said:
I don't think you can compare things that easily. I'd rather regret not going to some concert in order to study for school than I'd want to regret killing someone. It depends much more on what you regret than on whether you did the act you regret or not.

Yes ofc. but i was thinking more like this :

i'd rather regret to have watched that movie,
than regret never to have watched it.

noblok said:
Surely if you want something you don't have it and thus can't lose it?

so true. but its the fear of getting it and then losing it i'm thinking about

noblok

Part of the furniture

i'd rather regret to have watched that movie, than regret never to have watched it.
Still depends on the situation, I think. One could for example regret having been a member of the Hitlerjugend much more than regretting not having been part of it. As in "I'd like to have known how I would have behaved," versus the guilt of getting sucked in and participating too actively.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorin said:

i'd rather regret to have watched that movie,
than regret never to have watched it.

Oic.

So if I murder someone, i'd rather doing it, rather than not regretting it at all.

That is EXTREMELY situational.

In fact, all of the stuff you have written is, in one word, situational.

Nate

FH is my second home
Sorin loves these controversial posts that gets everyones attention ;o

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Im materialistic (sp?). Any in order to get stuff i want & i need to do better in life, get a higher paid job etc so i can afford that 4 bedroom house with garage etc.
Its a simple enough answer but its the truth :)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
The thing that keeps me going alot of the time, the thing that "drives" me, is the (impossible) need to be the best at whatever I do.

For me skill is very important in whatever I do. I hate doing things poorly. If I am crap at something I will practice doing it untill I am competent.

In the past I've spent hours and hours (and far too much money), at fairgrounds, arcades or competitions, because whenever I go on an archery range or shooting game I have to win the prize, to try and prove to myself that I'm good enough.

Its stupid and arrogant i guess, but I just hate being crap at anything that I do.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
hehe dukat i never got that.

most things im happy to be mediocre at, except education. only there do i try my absolute hardest to get the high Bs and the As. im very keen on gaining more knowledge.

cleaning the house, getting high scores, drawing etc. i dont see it being worth the effort :)

Congax said:

that is correct for some serial killers. they wanted to be the one that killed the most people.

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, guess what spurs me on in life is to be remembered as a person who didn't quit and always helped people out when they were in need of it.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i see a few of you here saying how you want to be remembered, how do you feel about having kids to carry on your line? me and b2 talk about this and he thinks its sad when you die if you have no kids and your line and everything you could have taught them just dies with you so thats it your totally gone forever, but if you have kids then you leave behind people to pass on the stuff you taught them and your dna continues through the world etc.

im personally not worried about leaving anything of myself behind if im not here to see it then sod it (i'd quite like to be like captain jack harkness and live forever so i can watch stuff happen) i dont care what happens because i wont be here so wont know any different, im not worried about not continuing my dna on because everyone else im related to is awful and i think as soon as this dna dies out the better lol.

how do you feel about what you leave behind?

Nate

FH is my second home
Congax said:
Yes, I fell for it :(

btw Nate

u stink.
Shutup Condomemogullablegax, or i'll set vladbruv on you! and you'll be brapp'd. You fell for me the day you looked at my avatar imo, but allas I have no feelings towards men and thus your attempt at wooing me with insults is pointless!

tris-

Ezteq said:

not sure it matters much. the only people who will remember you for you will die anyway and take the rememberance with them.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
What spurs me on to get an education, a nice job and a good gf etc?

My mom :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
hehe dukat i never got that.

most things im happy to be mediocre at, except education. only there do i try my absolute hardest to get the high Bs and the As. im very keen on gaining more knowledge.

cleaning the house, getting high scores, drawing etc. i dont see it being worth the effort :)

that is correct for some serial killers. they wanted to be the one that killed
the most people.

why is high grades equal knowledge? why cant you just read loads of books and have a shit paid job?
i like gaining knowledge but im not attending school in order to get it. i like the fact that i gain knowledge whilst completing my education tho.

Rinusch

Fledgling Freddie
For me, science replased religion, my daily drive is to learn and discover things, that, together with the love for my family, keeps me alive i guess

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
i see a few of you here saying how you want to be remembered, how do you feel about having kids to carry on your line? me and b2 talk about this and he thinks its sad when you die if you have no kids and your line and everything you could have taught them just dies with you so thats it your totally gone forever, but if you have kids then you leave behind people to pass on the stuff you taught them and your dna continues through the world etc.

im personally not worried about leaving anything of myself behind if im not here to see it then sod it (i'd quite like to be like captain jack harkness and live forever so i can watch stuff happen) i dont care what happens because i wont be here so wont know any different, im not worried about not continuing my dna on because everyone else im related to is awful and i think as soon as this dna dies out the better lol.

i kinda feel the same as you do, Im scared to much of dieing, and ye i believe in summin after it.

I see children as the road to immortality, and its very important for me that i have children, ild like to be renembered as who i was which i hope is that of a good person, but fame wuld just be a bonus.

tris-

Huntingtons said:
why is high grades equal knowledge? why cant you just read loads of books and have a shit paid job?
i like gaining knowledge but im not attending school in order to get it. i like the fact that i gain knowledge whilst completing my education tho.

i like to spend my leisure time doing other things than reading books. the only way im going to gain knowledge is while im at uni and doing uni related work.

and by im, i mean me personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom