What spurs you on in life?

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a delicate and personal question but hey, who cares...

What exactly spurs you on in life? What makes you want to have a job, have a successful life, be somebody etc.?

For me, it's the idea of wanting to be someone good. I want to end up wealthy and important so I can make a difference. I don't want to push into the realms of £2,000 drinking binges or expensive suits but rather make a difference, have a respectable life and the such.

I guess you could say helping others is what spurs me on. I want to help my family, who deserve a lot for having quite a hard life. I want to help my gf (future wife ^^) for all the aggrivation she's been put through and I want to help people in the world who don't get to help themselves.

That's my insight anyway. Now, what spurs YOU on?

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
I have no desire to hold a high paying job, buy big cars, or wear suits.
What i will do, on the other hand is write my name with big bold letters in the annals of history :)
I'll do it, or die trying. Or who knows, die doing it ;)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Ok for me, it is as follows.

:I live by the principal of that i want to enjoy life to the maximum, without impeding other peoples enjoyment.

This is achieved by the following aims in my life.

1: To be with a girl who I love and who loves me, im a strong romantic and this is a really important thing for me.

2: I try to be a good person, as in not preform evil deeds, yes i think ive done some bad things, but I try to improve my charechter each time i make some mistakes. When i was 19 the tsunami hit SE asia and i very almost went as an aid worker and i wuld have iff not for travel problems at time, I will do this in the future im sure though, do summin meaningful in life.

3 I will travel to every country i ever have any interest in going too, i want to see every contitent and every country of varying culture, i dont want to be an ignorant person.

4: I dont care how much money i make really, as long as it doesnt impede my other goals to a great extent, i will only ever want a job that will be beneficial to the world, e.g teacher or doctor. I will never be a cog in the capatalist society. There is nothing i want less than to be a office worker, who works lives, has children and dies within 15km of where he was born and raised, and who has an ignorant view on the world outside of him. This disgusts me and im glad ive gone a diffrent path.

5: This is egotistic, but when i was younger i was fatter, not as cool,and more shy socially, this was heavily down to DAOC im sure. Over past years ive become much more interesting as a person, down to experiences and travelling, now I am prolly one of the most interesting people outta my year of school, im 21 now and this is satisfying. Im a very competitive person so this is prolly why its like this.

6: I do care quite alot about my appearance and ild admit im very vain, i used to not give a shit really bout 3 years ago, but now i prolly only buy designer clothes and put my nose down at an item under 30quid unless its on sale or looks exceptionally good.

but overall, Happyness, girl I love to bits and who wuld be by myside whereever ild like to travel.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
What spurs me on?

Quite an expansive question, as such an expansive answer is in order!

I have no particular desire to be rich, anyone who knows me well will know I don't care for money. I do have an ambition to make a difference to quite a few things. I want to make a difference to the company I work for, I truely want to be successful within the company and make the company successful in the industry (Strictly speaking we are new ish into the market. Well..the latest name is)

I want to settle down and have kids, I want to have the opportunity...hmm wrong word, I WILL have the opportunity (if the opportunity isn't there i'll bloody make it) to make my future wife happy, treat her well and look after my kids. I'll give them more love and attention than anything, partially because I believe I missed out a bit as a kid. My dad left when I was about six and as a result I was fatherless for years, It's only recently (This year) That my mum has remarried and I'm already 19 so its a tad late in terms of having a dad there for me when I was younger and needed one most (Imo..For reasons I won't specify in public I could have really used a father figure a few years back) Anyhow! I want to make a difference to the community as much as possible. Much like Bugz I aspire to help people, I love helping people out, particularly when they are unable to help themselves for any particular reason. I've spent the last 3 years of my working life helping people and I mostly enjoy it quite a bit (Far more than I should, work is meant to suck)

I guess the general point is I want to make others happy, partially due to the fact that in doing so I too will be happy as a result of helping others. If I found myself in a position unable to help others at all, then I'd probably be very depressed as obviously I'd be pretty helpless myself.

Anyhow, I could go on forever, you get the general point.. Right?

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
To be respected/loved/appreciated by others :)

Amanita

Part of the furniture
For what spurs me on in life.

Although Subedai would be nice too :wub:

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
Still looking for mine :(

/Edit, this post has been retracted due to Jokus Destructus caused by Amanita posting just before me.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Amanita said:
For what spurs me on in life.

Although Subedai would be nice too :wub:

Surely there must be something, or else why havn't you just given up? Maybe getting out of Blackburn is what spurs you on, although I live in Nelson so I have no right to criticise :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
I have no idea.... in fact... thinking about this now is making me feel depressed Oo

well i guess living beats being dead.... at least i hope so...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Quite a delicate and personal question but hey, who cares...

What exactly spurs you on in life? What makes you want to have a job, have a successful life, be somebody etc.?

who cares indeed;)

i dont have a job, nor 2 successful in anything i do, nor would i consider myself a somebody

this may seem like a confessions for a suicide attempt, after all whats the point... you live, you die and generally wont be remembered, and even if your a celebrity you wont be around to enjoy it anyway

that said, i wouldn't consider myself as depressed(i dont know, i havn't had a psychological consultation), ive never felt the need to 'self harm' and i enjoy life...

some would consider my life boring, sitting alone in a darkened room endlessly playing computer games, whiled rapidly gaining weight, in a room at my parents house... but that's what entertains me, and if you dont like it, good leave me alone;) ah well back to playing the games i got for x-mas and other more retro games while smoking myself to death and listening to rock!

more seriously though(even though everything above is true) i set myself daily tasks, and mentally make a schedule for the day, generally consisting of waking up at 12 eating playing XX game for 5 hours, eat some more, play some more of XX game for the remainder of the day, sleep and then wake up at 12 the next day

Ezteq

Queen of OT
umm what spurs me on?

well im working towards a job which ive always wanted to do, i have a superb bf who i want to spend my life with so i usually wake up early every day because i dont want to miss out on anything. not particulalry bothered abot being rich but i wuldnt say no i'd like to be comfortable though so we dont have to worry and work our fingers to the bone till we're 9076.2 years old.

also i just think of all the stuff i want to see that gets me going.

Gamah

Banned
To sum it up...Respect.

Not respect of the regular joe, I don't give 2 shits what people I don't know think about me. However respect of my peers and loved ones is one of the most important things in life to me.

To be honest, I dont care if I am imporant in the grand scheme of things. I want a good job, a good car, a wife and some kids in the next 10 years. I am happy to live and die in the regular way of life, i dont want to be life changing for millions of people but I want to give my children a comftable and stable platform to reach thier dreams.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
[NO]Subedai said:
Ok for me, it is as follows.

:I live by the principal of that i want to enjoy life to the maximum, without impeding other peoples enjoyment.

This is achieved by the following aims in my life.

1: To be with a girl who I love and who loves me, im a strong romantic and this is a really important thing for me.

2: I try to be a good person, as in not preform evil deeds, yes i think ive done some bad things, but I try to improve my charechter each time i make some mistakes. When i was 19 the tsunami hit SE asia and i very almost went as an aid worker and i wuld have iff not for travel problems at time, I will do this in the future im sure though, do summin meaningful in life.

3 I will travel to every country i ever have any interest in going too, i want to see every contitent and every country of varying culture, i dont want to be an ignorant person.

4: I dont care how much money i make really, as long as it doesnt impede my other goals to a great extent, i will only ever want a job that will be beneficial to the world, e.g teacher or doctor. I will never be a cog in the capatalist society. There is nothing i want less than to be a office worker, who works lives, has children and dies within 15km of where he was born and raised, and who has an ignorant view on the world outside of him. This disgusts me and im glad ive gone a diffrent path.

5: This is egotistic, but when i was younger i was fatter, not as cool,and more shy socially, this was heavily down to DAOC im sure. Over past years ive become much more interesting as a person, down to experiences and travelling, now I am prolly one of the most interesting people outta my year of school, im 21 now and this is satisfying. Im a very competitive person so this is prolly why its like this.

6: I do care quite alot about my appearance and ild admit im very vain, i used to not give a shit really bout 3 years ago, but now i prolly only buy designer clothes and put my nose down at an item under 30quid unless its on sale or looks exceptionally good.

but overall, Happyness, girl I love to bits and who wuld be by myside whereever ild like to travel.

:eek7: God damn, this is scary. Are you my clone or something? Thats almost exactly what I want/am aswell!(Tho I've never been chubby)

Everytime if I do something "bad", or say something wrong to another person, without thinking about it. I feel really bad, and always try to improve myself by doing something good inreturn, and burn it to my memory so that I'll never say/do the bad thing again.

I also really do love movies that makes me think about what I have done in the past, and shouldn't have been doing. Movies that gets so close to me, that it somehow change who I am. That also goes for music, and no! It's not somekinda "emo" movies/music, I don't find myself being "emo" at all, I love my life so much that I can't quit keep on smiling everytime, and being in a good mood(That also seems to annoy the other employes at work from time to time, when they are in a bad mood that is.)

I don't want to become a teacher or doctor tho, but a lawyer! And yes, it might sound wierd, but it intrests me. And I know there are lots of innocent people out there sitting in a prison and haven't done a thing wrong. Those are the one I wanne help, or try to help.

I'm not the kinda person that'll judge a person because he is different, and would never have dumped a friend even tho if he came out of the closet or something. I'll always stay true to my friends, even tho that doesn't come down to fighting, if I can't avoid it at all, I got so many friends using steoroids and live in a town where you can just get hit randomly on the street, so it can be hard sometimes.:(

I also do have a vlad side, and thats my stubborness and me saying yes to do something with other friends, but not keeping it.(Hi DavidH:D) So I'm trying really hard to improve there.

It seems it maybe went alittle off from the topic. But I guess noone here cares anyway! :twak:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I set myself small(ish) goals to work towards every couple of years.

Current short term one is to sell our current house and move to both a nicer house (with a garden :clap:) and a nicer area. Should have this done in 6 months, hopefully sooner.

Medium term goal is to get more experience at my current job, and think about having kids :eek2:

Long term goal is to move to Canada.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
getting to earn enough money that i could finally buy an imprezza
and send the parents on holiday or smt. probably that one first, then the imprezza :)

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
I don't want to become rich or famous. I want to have fun, live my life to the fullest. I want to have friends who love me and who care about me. I want to have a futer wife and maybe even kids in the far future. I do not want to work 24/7. I can't stand the picture Studying for 5-6 years work for 40 years then retire and havn't lived your life :\ So I will try to avoid that.

I can't say that I live to make the world a better place since I'm sometimes abit egoistic I guess. Altho I do my little part!
I had a pretty easy live, always enough money, parents who love eachother. almost no deaths in my family.. i hope I can offer the same to my family :)

So I guess overall it is just Happiness and Happiness for the persons I care about.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Ive lived an extremely hard life, and that life has made me want to do things and things that spur me on would be; desire, make a difference, make people happy and to help others.

I joined the Police force to make a difference

I have the desire to go on in life and live it to the fullest

I make people happy like on days like christmas and I give everyone their own needs for attention which makes me believe people are happy around me

I give money to charity, I do various charity events and I also play darts here and their for money to give to charity

I think everyone has something that spurs them on, whether they know it or not.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
also i just think of all the stuff i want to see that gets me going.

stuff like me! :D

just kiddin :)

as for me there isnt too much I can think of that spurs me on, Im not a greatly driven person I dont think. If I were married or in a loving relationship then no doubt that would be top of the list for me. Hae unipolar depression so things can vary, sometimes Im all for it otertimes I just wanna stooge about and dont care about life lol :)

At the moment I supose it would be my nursie training Im doing, saving somebodies life I think is a nice thing to aim for at least. :)

(gifv love!)

Nate

FH is my second home
That there could be something/someone great around the corner

MaCaBr3

Banned
I have absolutely no drive in life. I'm positive at the outside, but very negative and pessimistic on the inside. The only thing that drives me is that I have some kind of quality to make people who are close to me happy. Exept for myself.

I don't think my life is miserable, but if I could, I would start over again 10 years ago and make up some kind of plan or achieve some goals.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Blackjack said:
I have no desire to hold a high paying job, buy big cars, or wear suits.
What i will do, on the other hand is write my name with big bold letters in the annals of history :)
I'll do it, or die trying. Or who knows, die doing it ;)

Reading my own post, it sounds alittle wierd.
What spurs me on is not the desire to be remembered. But the fact that what i like to do, and enjoy working with. Combined with unussual mind set, skills and determination.
So i can do what i love, and it'll still be meaningful. What i leave behind wont be 20-50 years of faithful service.
I never do anything, just for the reason of being remembered. Just to clear that up :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
dont have anything that really spurs me on. if i dont complete my education i still have the chance to go sailing (which i really want to) so education isnt supring me any where, that said i'd love to become a biology researcher and a good graffiti artist, travel world wide and getting up on all trains and walls, but im too late out (as active writer) to do it effeciently (being a graffiti artist and taking a litteral education doesnt go hand in hand im afraid, sailing would tho!) dunno if anything really spurs me cept try life and relaxed.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Have no desire to be famous or powerful.

I whant to get an collage education and a job I will enjoy after the navy. I have no great desire to be extreamly rich either but i whant to earn a enogh to live independantly.

My future job will probably be in the "sience-section" I whant to take a physic education and i wish that the work and research i preform will be to the greater good of humanity. I think that hapiness is more important then the paychekk when it comes to work.

I only wish a normal life, be a good citezen, with good friends/family who respect me, and a job i enjoy, settle down with a wife and have kids and a normal family. If I manage all this i will die a happy man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom