what server?

C

Cronn

Werner, havn't even logged onto any of the others.

M

moo_work

omg
cronn plays ps :Z

u never told me :(

i feel so mentally and physically violated

buying a copy of the game tonite, any tips etc? things u wish u had known when u started?

:D

D

Deadmanwalking

I meant that as in, He does play NC.. not as in a question *ffs* question marks

M

moo_work

MOD FIGHT!

jk :p

so where have most people gone who played daoc?

P

[PS]Venom

My outfit currently has just under 90 members, most daocers but there's also Phoenix Legion on NC.

We play Vanu, but the vanu weapons aren't the easiest things to use well at first.

X

Xtro

moo

Have a look in the BW Starting Side thread which is a sticky - at the top. Sift through that and you should find what you need.

D

Deadmanwalking

Mod fight?? Im not a mod! that makes it unfair ...

bloody hell an alcoholic nortern mod vs me... Pfft

X

Xtro

Originally posted by [PS]Venom
My outfit currently has just under 90 members, most daocers but there's also Phoenix Legion on NC.

90 now? Jesus...

I'm not flaming here Venom (as I hope you would know) - how do you manage with that many? Many probs organising or anything?

We've got 30-35 atm and bearing in mind of course not everyone's always on at the same time we usually have 2 fullish squads going. I think this is quite a nice size.

The largest NC outfit is First and Only, they have about 70 members, number keeps going up and down so probably have a fair but of turnover.

D

Deadmanwalking

You forgot us on NC ffs ..... pfft :p

:p :p :p

So all the uber DAOCs know im joking^^^

M

moo_work

looking at the maps vanu seems to be the zerg, terran next biggest and NC quite small

D

Deadmanwalking

Great things come in small packages.

Plus its quality not quantity to an extent

M

moo_work

no thats what im saying, dont wanna be on the zerg :)

C

Cronn

NC only come to life in the evening and I feel that they pretty much own anything then.

Through the day Terran and Vanu have tug of war but generally stick to there own continents and just lock them.

M

moo_work

question about ps actually, is there any way to solo? or is it all team basicly (either is fine just wanna know)

X

Xtro

Originally posted by moo_work
looking at the maps vanu seems to be the zerg, terran next biggest and NC quite small

The maps don't give an accurate portryal of server population, I just think VS went to bed late last night ;)

It *seems* (as I dont check official stats or anything) that NC have most players, VS a little less, then TR.

As for actual battles/people fighting at one time as opposed to people registered for each side - it seems quite fairly balanced most of the time. I see VS more than TR but TR seem to be learning quick and can fight damn hard.

C

Cronn

You can solo very effectivly, i've been doing it nearly all morning.

Just make sure you have the darklight implant or you will get frustrated very fast.

At the start you might wanna spec in Reaver or a MAX because they are the easiest to rack up kills with.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by moo_work
question about ps actually, is there any way to solo? or is it all team basicly (either is fine just wanna know)

Yes you can solo fine in this game which is one of the reasons I really like it. Sniping/hacking/reaver pilot - buzzing around the map. You can follow the rest or go hack towers etc.

In beta I used to *love* being a combat engineer and planting mines on a bridge near a freshly capped (by the enemy) base and watch all those newly bought vehicles blow up :)

M

moo_work

so what do you recomend i try out first, (think i'm probably coming NC) sniper sounds fun, whats that an infil with a long range gun? :p

X

Xtro

Do the virtual training and check out the sanctuary - you can get to BR3 just doing this IIRC.

Then I'd do what Cronn said - spec something that will get you some quick BR's/kills so you can respec to what you really want to do.

/edit: btw sniper's dont stealth sadly.

P

[PS]Venom

Vanu dominate the maps during the day, but NC pull back at late afternoon/evening. Terrans have the lowest population at the moment, but their overpowered weaponry makes up for it :p

Vanu can muster a sizable zerg, but then, so can every other empire. Depends on the continent and how many people go where.

Sometimes you get immense clashes of forces which is amazing :D

Sniper is someone who specs in sniper rifle, you can't use the infil suit with it. No rifle slot. The rifle is a bit finniky, you'll be best off piloting a reaver to start off with so you can solo reasonably well. Or get a gunner and get a tank. :D

M

moo_work

righto, looks a lot like tribes2 on a large scale :D

A

aonn_elfclomper

MOO :)

well VS are the zerg BUT its nothing wrong about that in PS this aint DaoC :)

NC and TR are almost the same thing just a little diff in wp and population

Terran ForTehWin \o/

M

moo_work

well i'd like to join NC but I'll be joining whichever me, big-g and efour all decide to join together so we'll see what that will be! :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by [PS]Venom

We play Vanu, but the vanu weapons aren't the easiest things to use well at first.

Lasher... Magrider... do I need to continue?:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom