What MMORPG

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Guys

I am just about to move into my new house. I have been working on it for a massive 15 months (dont ask) and now I wanna get back online.

Is it worth going back to WoW or not? Whats new out there worth playing? LoTR?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hi Guys

I am just about to move into my new house. I have been working on it for a massive 15 months (dont ask) and now I wanna get back online.

Is it worth going back to WoW or not? Whats new out there worth playing? LoTR?

There's gonna be the following answers:

WoW is still good.
LotR is a piece of sh*te.
Go to Age of Conan, evryone else is!
Age of Conan is sh*te!
Wait until WAR comes out!
WAR is sh*te!
WAR, huh, what is it a good for...
Tom Jones is especially sh*te!!!

About or so.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe

Ive just tried to look at the AOC webby and cant see much as its experiancing high volumes of traffic :(

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
So

WAR looks like the choice, just been looking at some screenies and read the article on here :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
WAR wont be out for at least 6 months i reckon. AoC is nice, decent game play and the graphics in places are some of the best I have seen.

Level in your own pace and take in the story :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Lotro is a really good game and one of the few mmorpgs with regular, free content updates.

AoC is a popular choice. It's new and it's always difficult to know how good a game actually is until players have experienced the high-end content and pvp, but so far it looks like a winner.

WoW is still a great game, regardless of what some players say.

WAR probably won't be out for 3+ months

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I think its going to be WAR tbh. Gives me a few months to get out on my bike and do some serious miles. Its the only thing I have missed when doing my house up other than gaming :)

W00t :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Have played TR, LotR, EVE, DAoC, Warhammer briefly and I have to say that AoC is the most exciting shit that has hit the planet.

If you want fast paced combat in which you have to use your brain to win, if you want to hear your enemies gurgling their blood while you kill them, if you want a unique lore and not yet another dwarfs/elves-game, if you want amazing graphics and stunning sound, then AoC is the way to go.

It simply rocks, the first game since Diablo 2 for me to have a such high addiction factor.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Have played TR, LotR, EVE, DAoC, Warhammer briefly and I have to say that AoC is the most exciting shit that has hit the planet.

If you want fast paced combat in which you have to use your brain to win, if you want to hear your enemies gurgling their blood while you kill them, if you want a unique lore and not yet another dwarfs/elves-game, if you want amazing graphics and stunning sound, then AoC is the way to go.

It simply rocks, the first game since Diablo 2 for me to have a such high addiction factor.

Have to disagree on EVE though. If you like that pace of game(slow, high loss ratio, etc...) it's quite unique.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Have to disagree on EVE though. If you like that pace of game(slow, high loss ratio, etc...) it's quite unique.

Flame me if I'm wrong (and probably if I'm right, too) but I reckon that WoW's popularity speaks volumes for the "carrot and no stick" methodology.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
And the only game i've got motionsickness from playing.

probably a silly question, but did you check the refresh rates when playing that ? thats usually what causes that:(

or headbob, which is evil

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Flame me if I'm wrong (and probably if I'm right, too) but I reckon that WoW's popularity speaks volumes for the "carrot and no stick" methodology.

Difficult to argue with the WoW numbers, it's the game a lot of players love to hate, others hate to love and most just simply love :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
The thing i and many like about WoW is it's one of the few MMO these days to have a free open world the only time you load is when you enter one of the islands or you go in an instance.

One thing i am dreading about AoC is going in a house to speak to some NPC and having to ZONE into that house every damn time.

EQ2 killed it for me that way.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah but WoW is hardly standing the test of time is it :p I looked old before the last expansion and they did little to improve it, they are doing little to improve it in the next expansion either.

Sure it has some decent features, playing the economy can be fun for a few weeks but at the end of the day there is no end game. once you have done all the instances there is just dailies and god awful pvp left.

grandfather

Fledgling Freddie
Sharpen your CPU up and go with Age of Conan.

Warhammer should be nice too, but with current prolonging tendency, I'm not sure will it be released in this year.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah but WoW is hardly standing the test of time is it :p I looked old before the last expansion and they did little to improve it, they are doing little to improve it in the next expansion either.

improvements in all its glory is all well and good. but as WoW (atleast as far as i'm concerned) is aimed at a younger audience, with dads that mayhaps isnt *THAT* interested in forking out to much money on new PC's for their kids.

ppl can run WoW on a horribly shit system by todays standard with every "fluff" turned on without any troubles at all. and Blizzard wants to keep as many of those ~9 million subs as they possibly can. and having a low system req is only helping them. i would imagine that AoC would have ALOT more subs if they followed that route to. because even if ppl CAN run that game on a somewhat weak PC, you NEED quite a beast of a PC to run in smoothly, even on low settings.

so part from what improvements they are doing atm there aint all that much they can do without bumping up the system req to much. and even if they wanted to they probably couldn't as it requires more or less a total rewrite of their grafic engine. wich requires huge ammounts of cash, wich despite their subscriber fees they probably dont have because of all the servers and stuff they have to pay to maintain. employees need their cash and so on.

yes they get lots and lots of money every month, but i think that very littke is actually available for development and stuff, relativly speaking ofc.

i THINK that was the point i was trying to make, but i'm tired >.<

Aada

Part of the furniture
when is darkfall coming?!

Supposedly sometime this year but they have been saying that since time began.

Seriously how can anyone think Darkfall will be any good run by a bunch of part time devs?

Sorry the fact it has taken them over what? 5-6 years to get the game up to this point spells out doom for the game.

The engine is old the graphics don't look nearly as good as they did a few years ago.

Can you imagine how long it would take the team to put out a patch?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sorry the fact it has taken them over what? 5-6 years to get the game up to this point spells out doom for the game.

why? its taken AoC about 5 years to launch. part time devs or not, they aint making DOS games anymore that takes a few afternoons to code.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Darkfall is actually coming up on 7 years now :)

thats still not THAT long time. just look at duke nukem... is it 20 years now? :p

but anyway, as said above, they are part time devs working on that game. so you cant expect any insane developing speeds.

no idea why i defend that game. i have 0 interest in it lol...

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
thats still not THAT long time. just look at duke nukem... is it 20 years now? :p

but anyway, as said above, they are part time devs working on that game. so you cant expect any insane developing speeds.

no idea why i defend that game. i have 0 interest in it lol...

I think it's one of those "last great hope" things, a lot of us had the same thing with Dragon Empires even though most knew it was going to end up as vapourware. I'm guessing you probably want it to succeed, a lot of players do, and when you fel that way about a game it's sometimes hard to admit that in reality it might never see the light of day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom