What makes a player good?

pip

Banned
doomed

Jjuraa said:
Question been bugging me for some time now.. i know there is no "universal" deffinition of a good player, as everyone has different views on playstyle. but there are people out there who are recognised as "good" and i was interested in why.

For my part, i'd think a good player should be fair (I.E. not adding on fights/zerging) Know what theyre doing enough to exceed their classes base "expectations" if you will. (For example noone expects an assasin class to beat a light tank class i.e merc, BM, zerker) WITHOUT resorting to things like lagstrafing/run through. Also a decent attitude is needed.

Now i think my chief failing is in attitude. I never add on a 1v1 fight (most people dont beleive me when i say this). Of course if it's someone like Aldoran/Dwera, i make every possible effort to add. But then theyve wound me up enough that it would take a much better person than I to resist getting them back. If i come across a solo person being beat on by 2 or more people, then i will jump in to help the solo person (whatever realm he is) but that i do in the name of evening the odds.

Im also fairly confident in my ability to play.. granted i make mistakes but i do tend to learn, and i can be at an acceptable standard of play on virtually any character i pick up as soon as ive finished setting up the quickbars.

yet for all my fair play/ability, i seldom if ever get any recognition, i wouldnt be suprised if some people reading this hadnt even heard of me. (And the majority of those who have heard of me dislike me as a result of the times when my attitude has got me into trouble) From my viewpoint there are people out there with less ability, and who constantly add and/or zerg, yet who have a much better reputation.. so i was wondering what factors go into your opinion of someone, and what makes them a good player in your eyes?

[/essay]
ok been on this game long time doomed when u dont add and fooked when u do add tbh if u playing mid look after your realm mates albs/hibs do same ok they noy add straight of but if u winning they will kill em all

Kjel

One of Freddy's beloved
Spacial awareness (also involves panning). Oh, and using the mouse properly. Failure to have or do both of those leads to bad things. Then again there's always F8 for the criminally gimped. :)

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
If i come across a solo person being beat on by 2 or more people, then i will jump in to help the solo person (whatever realm he is) but that i do in the name of evening the odds.

albs die first what so ever.... end of story

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom