What makes a Character Tough ?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Who wants to fight meh warrior!

Kagato's skin is like a wet paper bag to mine.:)

if you werent zerging soloers between towers all the time, you might actually get a chance to back your words up once in awhile.

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
In 8v8, the toughest enemy is definetly the one with extremely good "reading" of the fight, being able to have an idea what will happen in 5-10 sec depending on what enemy movement is and so on.. Especially casters that are able to do that are suuuch a pain :)

1) Class
2) Items
3) RA's

All this is useless if you play a melee char without any skills or understanding of how DAoC work.

imo.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
high rrgankgroup ofc, every individual is shit player who is being RP PL'd by ubergrp!

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
high rrgankgroup ofc, every individual is shit player who is being RP PL'd by ubergrp!

haha nice one :D

More seriously, there are players out there wearing every item known to man, having every ability, having spend 50 days of pve'ing, and they'll still suck regardless in pvp fights.

Most deciding factor imo is knowledge and ability to make the right decisions, luck is quite a factor aswell, like staj described, sometimes you just get zerged endlessly the same place where you yesterday had loads and loads of good fights, thats just how it is.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
For some classes it's the equipment, for some classes it's the player.

I'd say casters are much more player dependant than equipment dependant..
Where to position yourself, when to kite etc all play a big part, equipment helps but if you get caught in melee or interupted all the equipment in the world won't help you.

Tanks i'd say are much more equipment dependant.
You can play the best you can possibly play, but if your strength and resists are gimped, then you'll lose to a worse player. It's also alot more about what charges you have up.. If some tank has winged helm up and the other doesn't there's a big balance shift right there.

Then there's classes that fall into the middle, the hybrids.
These basically fall into the same category of tanks, but there's more a good player can do with them to make up for the lack of template. Snare, kite and nuke etc.

With each example there's "get out of jail cards" or RA's such as a caster moc'ing on you. The enemy IP'ing etc.

I could say that choosing and getting your template is actually all part of the game, so if someone beats you simply for having better gear then it's no different to a football team winning through better tactics even if they didn't have the same quality of players.

At the end of the day it does come down to luck however. The question is, are you gambling with a pair of aces, or a offsuit 7 and 9. Either can win on any given day, but the player holding the aces is going to walk away 90% of the time with the RP's.
The more players on each side, probably the closer to the true skill level you reach for a one off encounter as in a 1v1 fight a lucky evade can have a large difference on the outcome. In an 8v8 fight it's very rare that it's going to be decided on if one swing hits or misses.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
In my case I think constantly being farmed, zerged and steamrolled by groups has gradually work-hardened my skin and made it more resilient. :(
m8 im def worried about your mental state.Goto the NPC selling prozac asap fgs!

Rauno

Fledgling Freddie
skill m8, thats why there is only so few characters that poon and most dont.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
if you werent zerging soloers between towers all the time, you might actually get a chance to back your words up once in awhile.

Ehhh, what towers lol?

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:
Who wants to fight meh warrior!

Kagato's skin is like a wet paper bag to mine.:)

But you hit like a wet paper bag compared to him >.>

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
But you hit like a wet paper bag compared to him >.>

Nah my dmg is decent, but im never going to hit as hard as a polearmsman.:)

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
If you play your char long enough, you gradually pick up an ability to sense if somethings going to land, and you'll instantly follow it up with a reactionary - It's all about knowing the fight and knowing your class, it's hard to explain but it's something you just pick up over time.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Varna said:
If you play your char long enough, you gradually pick up an ability to sense if somethings going to land, and you'll instantly follow it up with a reactionary - It's all about knowing the fight and knowing your class, it's hard to explain but it's something you just pick up over time.
Lol :)

"unagi.."

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:
In 8v8, the toughest enemy is definetly the one with extremely good "reading" of the fight, being able to have an idea what will happen in 5-10 sec depending on what enemy movement is and so on..

predict the future correctly, and ur virtually unkillable

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
How is it that some toons are just stronger that others even with inferior items/templates ?

the very short answer is: Mythic

B

Betrayal

gwal said:
predict the future correctly, and ur virtually unkillable
Predicting the future from a bow scout PoV: if I get out of this tower I will insta die, if they attack tower I will die as well, better port back to home keep and do some pve.
Or: RRx stealther to left, I will go from behind and slam him, he will purge, I will set gt for FZ and FZ him, if he strafes fz will use RR5 and run as far as I can, else if he gets in FZ he will use malice2 and I better run as well since wont even scratch him with my arrows.
And all this predictions are true, peeps who play more with bow than with melee know what me means :)

Ging

Part of the furniture
I find alcohol makes me invincible and turns me into the "best dancer" AND good looking :)

you know im right...

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say knowledge is a key factor when it comes to whoopin some ass. Knowledge about the enemy class and ofc knowledge of the toon you're playing. To me it seems that it's all a bit random aswell, ie. I have an Ice wizzie and without any special stuff like capped temp and so on I've outdamaged other ice wizzies that's higher rr and got a template made for them.

So I think that there's a random generator when you create the toon. Atleast that's how I've experienced it. Might be totally wrong thou but as I said, My Ice wiz makes some ickle damage compared to other Ice wizzies.

gohan

FH is my second home
Betrayal said:
Predicting the future from a bow scout PoV: if I get out of this tower I will insta die, if they attack tower I will die as well, better port back to home keep and do some pve.
Or: RRx stealther to left, I will go from behind and slam him, he will purge, I will set gt for FZ and FZ him, if he strafes fz will use RR5 and run as far as I can, else if he gets in FZ he will use malice2 and I better run as well since wont even scratch him with my arrows.
And all this predictions are true, peeps who play more with bow than with melee know what me means :)

dont play a shit bow scout then..... we wont miss you thats for sure

a scout can be ok at melee... never particuly good but if u get battler winged helm some mastery of block legendary weps SoM ect an IP2 an can beat alot of assasins aswell as other archers an low WS tanks like skalds as ull block alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom