what kinda music best for daoc videos?

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Dry Kill Logic - Rot

amazing song perfect for some daoc vid somewhere... dunno whos tho.

Veg

Fledgling Freddie
It's completely opinionated (is that a word?), imo death/thrash/growling metal has to be one of the worst kinds of music to put in an avi ever. I used to play TFC (half-life mod) and it was the same with avis in that game.

It just seems that so many people use that music that when someone releases yet another avi with it in that it makes me cringe.

All imo ofcourse.

Jjuraa

Banned
Iron Maiden was built for daoc videos. In fact thats why a lot of metal is put in, because most of it is based around fantasy..

check out the song titles though

Fear of the Dark
New Frontier
Stranger in a Strange Land
The Mercenary

etc

btw, no using those songs :D theyre going in mine

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
If your doing a solovid, use Frank Zappa, Bobby Brown as your intro music, would be sooooo fun ;)

Spix

Fledgling Freddie
If you are an alb, I think Bagpipe music would fit well or milli vannili if it is a stealth vid.

Hib, hmm lets see what the fook is that? Greatful dead or maybe some cool rasta music would fit, damn hippies

Mids, well all I can think of is some brutal Grind Core,music or old swedish folk music :)
Or simply take the most fitting tune for a mid vid ever Einherjermarsjen with Einherjer, If I hadnt quit and was making a Vid I would use it. Check it out.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
when i finnally get all my footage from ingame im gonna use stuff from various movie soundtracks (matrix/blade/bounre identity/xxx/minority report etc) and also maybe one or two others that i found that i think would fit in great..

i also found a few Classical music techno remix's that sound really cool also. so i might use them :)

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
I always wished that I'd see a video of an arrogant soloer (probably an assasin char) wtfpwning to Chesney Hawkes "I am the One and Only"...alas I have yet to find one.

As for music, I always felt Svartur was the master of picking soundtracks for his videos. Try and pick up "I was also solo", great stuff.

Zed

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Film music?

Jimi Hendrix

Lots love him and loads hate him. Either way you gonna get a response.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Non-obvious classical bits would make far more of an impression IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love death/black metal, industrial, grindcore, whatever, but thinking out of the box a little might make a far greater impact in the finished movie.

Try some of these for size...off-the-top-of-my-head classical stuff that's less well-known that could be used somewhere.

Shostakovich - Symphony No.10, 2nd. movement. Really tense, driving stuff.
Shostakovich - Symphony No.8, 3rd. movement. Never-ending up-and-down stuff, would be great for 'charging-zerg' moments.
Shostakovich - Symphony No.11, 1st. movement. The first 8 or so minutes of this are wonderful slow, weird, ghostly chords on violins with quiet timpani - would be great for 'stalking stealther' stuff.
Mosolov - Iron Foundry. Loud. Very loud. Would probably work well for those moments when people are hitting each other lots.
Scriabin - Mysterium. Huge, insane choir-and-orchestra stuff. Most of this could be made to work somewhere. The choral bits would rock for places where lots of spell effects are going off.
Wagner - everyone uses 'Ride Of The Bloody Valkyries', but more imaginative to use Siegfried's Funeral Music from 'Gotterdammerung'. Great for if you're bringing down an Epic mob...a Dragon falling over to this music would just be awesome.
Jon Leifs - Hekla. It's about the volcano of the same name erupting. Which should tell you all you need to know about the music itself.
Schnittke - Viola Concerto. Tortured atonal stuff, very alien and evocative; would work great for any stuff set somewhere weird (like that new Shar bit in Catacombs with the fiery sky).
Ligeti - Lux Aeterna. Like a choir of aliens...would work again in weird places.
Holst - The Planets. Everyone knows 'Mars - bringer of War', and that's really cool, but 'Saturn' would work well too, especially anywhere dark.

...the less well-known your music, the more chance it has of making an impression if it's cool. Classical stuff can work so well with images on film - when you're thinking of music for your DAOC videos, think of it like a soundtrack for a movie.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Very true..and maybe look at

Lux Triumphans
- Would be GREAT for a video opening, (fg movie though imo, not so much for a stealther unless it was a very in your face movie as opposed to alot of sneaking around then popping people, for "in your face" stealther movies see Arauddry's second vid)

EDIT: Always credit music too, nothing more annoying then seeing a movie, liking a song and not knowing what the hell it was called or who it was by especially if the movie is 10 years old and you have no way of contacting its director.

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
svartalf said:
Not to be judgemental, but that does explain your avatar...

The cheek!

Avatar changed just to annoy you :kissit:

Seriously though you people should follow Svartmetall's advice and use classical - it doesn't go out of fashion (like madonna and kylie), and is very dramatic, but it also isn't so distracting due to lack of lyrics ;)

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Conan The Barbarian Soundtrack by Basil Poledouris.

End of story, no further discussion.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Good point...Poledouris' stuff is great. His music for 'Starship Troopers' rocked.

Terryammon

Fledgling Freddie
Try the linkin park songs with jey-z

i think some of the new linkin parks songs with jay-z will works very good if you a stealther!

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
humm, use what music you prefer to listen to imo, to make it more personal instead of some streamlined thingy to "fit in"..

Im gona use stuff from the 80's for my vid mostly i think =)

Dooo you really want to huuuuurt me?? Do you really want to make meeee cryyyyyy....

ok, not that one but.. still... use what music YOU prefer, not what people want to hear.

Tried that used late 70 early 80s musik nobody knew what it was :(
Balls to the wall ( Accept)best Metal song ever made if u ask me :p but Iam like skin dead to most kids here and that song is only 20 years old hehe :XD

Gamah

Banned
Veg said:
It's completely opinionated (is that a word?), imo death/thrash/growling metal has to be one of the worst kinds of music to put in an avi ever. I used to play TFC (half-life mod) and it was the same with avis in that game.

It just seems that so many people use that music that when someone releases yet another avi with it in that it makes me cringe.

All imo ofcourse.

well no need to say imo it fecking shite :>

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Jerbear said:
LP (linkin park) linkin park is some awsome music... crawling, one step closer, breaking the habbit!!! good stuff right there :clap:
:puke:

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
Terryammon said:
i think some of the new linkin parks songs with jay-z will works very good if you a stealther!

eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk :puke: :puke: :puke:

glabbin

One of Freddy's beloved
Thugs said:
Jimi Hendrix

Lots love him and loads hate him. Either way you gonna get a response.

hm, and i thought you were clueless thugs.... Jimi Hendrix is the man! :cheers:

Tierce_

Fledgling Freddie
Intro ;

Dimmu Borgir - Sympozium

Action ;

Every Time I Die - Romeo a go go
Slayer - Raining blood
Refused - The slayer
The Shizit - Gak Bitch
The Bled - You know whose seatbelt

Death/Slow/Sad ;