What kind of people play Daoc ? Poll.

Gann

Fledgling Freddie
What kind of people play DAOC?

Recent studies and polls that have gone into finding out what kind of person gives up so much time in the land of Camelot has been released in France. While certain things must remain a secret a few surprising things have come out of it.

78% of players are Male.
12% of players are Female.

Your age.

7% 6 – 11
38% 12 – 15
26% 16 – 21
17% 22 – 25
8% 26 – 32
4% 33 – Over

When asked at first log in what realm they wanted to try first.

34% Albion
18% Midgard
48% Hibernia

Then when asked what sex they wish to play.

54% Male
46% Female

When males were asked do they tell others that they are female in RL while in Daoc

72% No
18% Yes
10% Don’t say

When females were asked do they tell others that they are male in RL while in Daoc

50% Yes
30% No
20% Don’t say

What type of class do you play more often?

38% Fighter
23% Healer
39% Mage

What do you prefer to do when playing Daoc

58% PVP
27% PVE
11% Craft
5% Nothing, just chat

Do you see the current game as balanced in PVP?

28% Yes
59% No
13% Don’t care

Will you be leaving Daoc within the next 6 months?

38% Yes
42% No
20% Unsure

Do you believe you get a good service from GOA?

29% Yes
58% No
13% Don’t know

That’s it. Some other interesting things of note but not really apart of the questionare were famous people that play or have played Daoc. List includes and cannot be confirmed but it was hinted that an EX employee gave some of this list.

Jamie Oliver, Euan Blair (Yes the PM’s eldest) , David James, Craig David, Joe Swash, Ofo Uhiara, Louis Garrel, Audrey Tautau, Veronika Zemanova, Andrew Gifford, Barbara Field and Bob Branus.

bjorne

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds very strange 45 % of players are max 15 years and play a game that recuiers a VISA card ? i sure know my parents wouldnt pay for me when i was that age..

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
source? :)

82.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot, after all.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
bjorne said:
Sounds very strange 45 % of players are max 15 years and play a game that recuiers a VISA card ? i sure know my parents wouldnt pay for me when i was that age..

SOLO Card.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
It does make me wonder what the other 10% of people who aren't male or female really are... ;) For this reason alone, I'd personally see these stats as modified as if they came directly from a database, silly mistakes like that wouldn't have been made :p Well....aren't very likely to have ;) Care to share with us where you obtained these 'facts'? :D

Arthur

Banned
there was a survey on the camelot homepage a few weeks back, the statistics are probably from that, regarding the 10% that don't have a sex, this is probably due to them choosing to not disclose their gender.

B

BrightonKeri

LOL! One of these people are still very very active. Want to know who and what the ingame name is?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
82.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot, after all.

that is possibly the most irony I have ever seen in one sentence... this week

Olgaline

FH is my second home
7% 6 – 11
38% 12 – 15
26% 16 – 21
17% 22 – 25
8% 26 – 32
4% 33 – Over

very much dout tho's stats would hold up to excal. think the majority are 17-24, or well at least for midgard it holds true

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
cant belive 38% are 12-15, from my expeirence thatld be likely 15% or so. and i wuld be sure that there wuld be more than 4% over 33 or whatever. ild ahve though most age range wuld have been like 16-23 having the bulk in.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Gann said:
famous people ... Joe Swash, Ofo Uhiara, Louis Garrel, Audrey Tautau, Veronika Zemanova, Andrew Gifford, Barbara Field and Bob Branus.
Uh, who?
Shanaia said:
that is possibly the most irony I have ever seen in one sentence... this week
Never seen the guinness ad? :eek7:

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt its 'made up' but I also can't belive its accurate, particularly where age is concerned. The most liekly cause is an unbalanced survey base, the only sure way to have a good chance of yeilding accurate results is to choose players at random from the entire playerbase and survery every one of those people - if the survey was not done this way the results are questionable at best.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
The wonderful thing about anon surveys and stats is you have no way of knowing how honest the person has been about their answers. I suggest the age survey is very wrong I know so many ppl around my age - can't be right oh I fall in the old box :)

'There's lies, damn lies and statistics'

Just look at the recent events over the last few years in the UK - all the outrage around young ppl dieing from taking ecstasy - when in reality more ppl die each year getting out of bed - yet no one is calling for tighter controls on beds :)

Statistics are tools invented by politicians to impress ppl when in fact the situation is dire.

Ging

Part of the furniture
LawBringer said:
Statistics are tools invented by politicians to impress ppl when in fact the situation is dire.

^^ Euan Blair, obviously rebelling against his dad :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
When males were asked do they tell others that they are female in RL while in Daoc

72% No
18% Yes
10% Don’t say

I think its safe to say 28% yes then...

When females were asked do they tell others that they are male in RL while in Daoc

50% Yes
30% No
20% Don’t say

Alot more understandable then they above one ("u female?? u have pics??")

What do you prefer to do when playing Daoc

58% PVP
27% PVE
11% Craft
5% Nothing, just chat

11% Craft??? right, like anyone actually enjoys clicking the same icon over and over and watching a 1 minute bar filling up from left to right, perhaps these statistics are made up...

so while we are at it, i ermmm found some more daoc statistics

U speak l33tsp3ak irl?
87% yes
13% n0

You play this game to make you feel cool and powerful?
90% yes
10% not telling

You use moms or dads creditcard?
93% yes
7% no

You think Daoc is bad for your math skills?
63% yes
58% no

sources??? who cares

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Looking at that age diversity tells that this is either hoax or badly done :O At least for UK servers' part.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
newsflash dreami, it was made on the behalf of the french servers!

which makes it alot more understandable

Dying

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
You think Daoc is bad for your math skills?
63% yes
58% no

Rofl

According to my survey, 99% of people surveyed answer honestly, and 2% don't.

My survey had a 1% margin of error :p

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
Do you believe you get a good service from GOA?

29% Yes
58% No
13% Don’t know

this proves that the results have been tampered with, the only service you get from goa is being able to pay, and that's not even guaranteed

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's funny a lot of Midgard players are saying 'no way are those age ranges correct'. For Midgard, no, they're probably not. But don't forget about all the 12 year olds that run around in albion ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom