What I've been saying all along...

K

klavrynd

too much text really :)

id just like to point on that all whine i do here and on irc are strictly my own and not my guild's or any other guild.

my point was, is and allways will be, do not turn prydwen in excal #2

A

Aarweenie

Originally posted by ImLestat
It's fake because RvR guilds aren't the ones HEARING "dont zerg ffs!!!111", they are the ones saying it (usually). How can they be tired of hearing something they are saying?? Use another example, like someone shouting "dont run in fg's ffs!!111" and it MIGHT have been true (just an example though). See the difference? Tried to point it out by saying it might be true in other cases, but as usual you conveniently miss it...

oki... are you really that stupid or are you just pretending?

"they are the ones saying it (usually). How can they be tired of hearing something they are saying??"

again... there isn't just people from the RvR guilds that say this... also people from outside RvR guilds...

you say THEY say it... that's wrong... he/she say it is better... not the guild... so people from the guilds can be tierd of hearing whineing about zergs... I'm at least fed up with people whineing about zergs, since most of them know that whineing won't make it better...

"dont run in fg's ffs!!111" I hear this sentance more or less everyday in a form... so yes it's there... if you remember the article that you posted in your first post in this topic you can also read whine about people running in 1fg ruin the game...

who was wrong now?

And saying that I should get something more than feeling is just lame, getting ANYTHING quantified out of it would take a poll on Goa's homepage at least. And NEWSFLASH, neither you nor I have that authority, so if we see it that way neither of us might be right in the end.

well... without just more then a feeling you have no real knowleage about how things are... makeing a poll isn't the only way to find out... you can do the shitty work of browsing through all the topics in General Discussions and RvR Discussions and make a note everytime there is a zerg whine and count how many person that have whine and what guilds they are in... takes a lot of time... but it's a way... and I'm sure that there are other ways to find out...

why don't I do it then? well... it was you that claimed people from RvR guilds whine more and try to get others not to zerg ect... not me ;)

And you once again brand me without thinking. Of course I know that there are people outside RvR guilds that don't like zergs, heck I'm one of them, but I don't run around shouting "dont zerg ffs!!!111" anyway. I do have a "feeling" (Yes it's a feeling, so sue me, as stated above I can't produce anything better unless Goa hires me to it.) that amongst the ones shouting the majority are from RvR guilds. If I follow your lead I can also say that finding one or two people outside RvR guilds that shout doesn't make you right either, so let's see you produce that spread sheet you so much want to see regarding this matter.

you know... neither I do run around shouting "don't zerg ffs!!!111"... but I do get stamped as a person that does... or at least as a person that is trying to "police" RvR... simply because someone in my guild or in guilds like mine have done it...

I don't really see what we're still agruing about.... yes, some people in RvR guilds whine about zergs... yes, some people that isn't in RvR guilds whines about zergs...

that makes both RvR guild people and non-RvR guild people police RvR...

this particular sentance I like the most:
"I do have a "feeling" (Yes it's a feeling, so sue me, as stated above I can't produce anything better unless Goa hires me to it.) that amongst the ones shouting the majority are from RvR guilds."

and I say that they whine just as much....

Aarweenie - ImLestat 1-1

we can just continue the childish discussion if no materials proving either one is right or wrong...

So you basically criticize me for being right with what I said? Read again, that's what you are saying. I didn't hold you responsible, nor did anyone else.

again... Daemon said:

"Peopel dont get annoyed with the "RvR" guilds because they run in fg's..but because of there attitude"

I'll explain this sentance for you... People that isn't in one of the RvR guilds isn't angry at these guilds because they run around in Emain with only 1fg but because they have a bad attitude against other guilds...

what is this bad attitude? I doubt everyone that is in a RvR guild show bad attitude against everyone else... maybe some but not all... so what people are doing is holding the whole guild responsible for one person opinions and acting...
I'll give it up at least... since while I'm writeing this I see that she've said that everything she have said is her personal opinions... weather you or me was right/wrong it doesn't matter anymore...

I've now proven a few times that you have indeed made things up.

I'd like to know how you have proven that I made things up........

You are right in one thing, but that regards you as much as me. I can't quantify what I am saying, but you on the other hand can't quantify your side either. Gathering one or a few posts here and there on boards does not make either one of us officially right.

I gave you one example that people from outside RvR guilds do whine about zerging...

and from what I can see it you don't agree with anything that the author of the article said except for that RvR guilds try to "police" RvR...

they did so when they whine about zerging

and I showed that people from outside RvR guilds are also whineing about zergs

what is the hard part to accept? you don't belive me when I say people from outside zergs whine?

to me you're just trying to prove that I've made something up... if I admit I made a few things up... will that change anything? hardly... since RvR guild only do what they think are fun... and they are not trying to police RvR more then people from outside RvR guilds...

Bah, I don't know why I keep bothering with such discussions in a game I'm hardly even playing any more. You keep on trolling though, wouldn't expect anything less...

trolling? wouldn't you defend the guild you were a officer of to the last point if you were accused of a thing like this?

Edit: Btw, before you start saying that I hate RvR guilds let me just say that I am not. I hold many people in RvR guilds, and many RvR guilds in high regard. Hmm, makes one wonder how that is possible when I obviously (according to you) judge them all. Well, nevermind...

who is makeing things up now? I've never said that you have judged me... what you have said is that no one have jugded RvR guilds... and with Daemons message I can say that he have... he might not have meant exactly what he wrote but how can I know that...

for the record... I haven't logged in any of my chars on about 4-5 weeks now... if that makes any diffrence... I hope it doesn't...

all I want to say to this discussion is that RvR guilds doesn't want to police RvR... they want to play the game their way... ofc they whine at things they don't like... we all do... some of them happends not to like zergs...

I

ImLestat

Lol, this is really silly. You keep quoting me, sometimes even with what I've said in full (and let me now highlight this so that you really see it..) BUT YOU CONVENIENTLY DISREGARD KEY WORDS/SENTENCES OR DON'T QUOTE ME IN FULL CONTEXT. Please get your facts straight... It has been this way all from the start of this discussion. If you didn't do that this discussion would have been over ages ago.

Originally posted by Aarweenie
you say THEY say it... that's wrong... he/she say it is better... not the guild...

I've already answered things like these multiple times but you still disregard what I am saying. Please read up on previous posts until you mention this again. As long as you haven't read what I've been saying you don't have any valid claim to say that it is wrong.

"dont run in fg's ffs!!111" I hear this sentance more or less everyday in a form... so yes it's there... if you remember the article that you posted in your first post in this topic you can also read whine about people running in 1fg ruin the game...

who was wrong now?

Did I claim that this wasn't said? It was an example of something that could have been right under another circomstance than what was said before. Please read what I've said in previous posts again.

well... without just more then a feeling you have no real knowleage about how things are... makeing a poll isn't the only way to find out... you can do the shitty work of browsing through all the topics in General Discussions and RvR Discussions and make a note everytime there is a zerg whine and count how many person that have whine and what guilds they are in... takes a lot of time... but it's a way... and I'm sure that there are other ways to find out...

why don't I do it then? well... it was you that claimed people from RvR guilds whine more and try to get others not to zerg ect... not me

No, browsing topics here on BW wouldn't be representative of the whole Daoc community, ergo there is no point neither for you nor me in doing that. You started the claims about having hard facts so I'm just going a step further now along your track there. Read at least some basic statistics and you will perhaps find that out. So still, the only way to find it out is if Goa hires me (or someone else) to do it.

you know... neither I do run around shouting "don't zerg ffs!!!111"... but I do get stamped as a person that does... or at least as a person that is trying to "police" RvR... simply because someone in my guild or in guilds like mine have done it...

I don't really see what we're still agruing about.... yes, some people in RvR guilds whine about zergs... yes, some people that isn't in RvR guilds whines about zergs...

I can imagine that you have been stamped as such before but I am not responsible for that, nor have I said that you are, or your guild. Just pointing that out btw, not even claiming that you claimed that I did it. Because if I didn't point it out you would claim that I claimed it as you always do... But then again you might disregard or misread also, has happened before...

About what we are arguing about, well, right now I'm just furious of the disrespectful way you keep disregarding what I've said, missing key words and sentences that if you read and understood them correctly would perhaps make you understand that you keep bringing up things that I've already addressed, over and over again. I see 2 options here, either you are just disregarding those things because you WANT to make me furious, which DOES make you a troll, and in which case you've succeeded so you can go back to your lair and be very proud of yourself. The other is that you just can't follow what I've been saying, and then there is really no point in continuing this discussion. Not that I really want to anyway, but by disregarding those words and sentences you keep prolonging it. In that case, please, for the love of God, realize that you have no clue to what I've said and give it up... You keep seeing me saying things that I am not saying, EVERYWHERE.... Just look at what I've said above, "please read previous posts", and more to come below...

this particular sentance I like the most:
"I do have a "feeling" (Yes it's a feeling, so sue me, as stated above I can't produce anything better unless Goa hires me to it.) that amongst the ones shouting the majority are from RvR guilds."

and I say that they whine just as much....

Aarweenie - ImLestat 1-1

we can just continue the childish discussion if no materials proving either one is right or wrong...

Yes, I've said that before, neither of us can prove our sides of the story.

again... Daemon said:

"Peopel dont get annoyed with the "RvR" guilds because they run in fg's..but because of there attitude"

I'll explain this sentance for you... People that isn't in one of the RvR guilds isn't angry at these guilds because they run around in Emain with only 1fg but because they have a bad attitude against other guilds...

what is this bad attitude? I doubt everyone that is in a RvR guild show bad attitude against everyone else... maybe some but not all... so what people are doing is holding the whole guild responsible for one person opinions and acting...
I'll give it up at least... since while I'm writeing this I see that she've said that everything she have said is her personal opinions... weather you or me was right/wrong it doesn't matter anymore...

Has been addressed in previous posts.

I'd like to know how you have proven that I made things up........

Just an example of how you misquote me, the answer to your question was right after the sentence you quoted of me. Since you obviously have trouble knowing what I've been saying I'll quote myself there:

I've now proven a few times that you have indeed made things up. The issue with the quote of Klav, the story about "dont zerg ffs!!11", that you conveniently time and time again miss key (and important for the discussion and what I am indeed saying) words from what I've said to brand me as a person who judge all in a group for the actions of one (or few).

Notice that in this quote (the answer to your question) is also what I've been saying for several posts now, you keep missing key words and sentences that I write.

I gave you one example that people from outside RvR guilds do whine about zerging...

and from what I can see it you don't agree with anything that the author of the article said except for that RvR guilds try to "police" RvR...

they did so when they whine about zerging

and I showed that people from outside RvR guilds are also whineing about zergs

what is the hard part to accept? you don't belive me when I say people from outside zergs whine?

to me you're just trying to prove that I've made something up... if I admit I made a few things up... will that change anything? hardly... since RvR guild only do what they think are fun... and they are not trying to police RvR more then people from outside RvR guilds...

Why you place those first five parts after a quote where I am basically saying that neither of us can't prove our points is beyond me. Doesn't matter though, because as so many other things it has once again been addressed in previous posts. There is no point in me repeating myself because with you I would have to do that until the end of time.

Regarding the last part, I am trying to make you see that you have been misreading basically everything I've said in this thread, either intentionally or unintentionally. The first few posts I thought it was mistakes, but with the growing number of posts I just see that it is all the time, I've basically just been repeating myself, and as soon as I've added a new part to clarify you've misread or disregarded key parts and it just keeps snowballing. It's really getting out of hand. Please get a grip.

trolling? wouldn't you defend the guild you were a officer of to the last point if you were accused of a thing like this?

I've addressed your possible trolling previously in THIS post, please scroll up and try not to misread or disregard parts of what I've been saying.

who is makeing things up now? I've never said that you have judged me... what you have said is that no one have jugded RvR guilds... and with Daemons message I can say that he have... he might not have meant exactly what he wrote but how can I know that...

Err, no, another misreading detected from you. Never said that you have said that I've judged you. I've said that you apparently THINK I judge all RvR guilds and all people in them. Eh, well, in the end that would include you too, but that is still not what I meant. You do however say that I think every RvR guild (and therefore all people in them) are anti-zergers, and possibly "policeing". Just an example in this quote from you (from a previous post in this thread):

for example, klavrynd said she didn't like zergs and that they who zerged should move to annother server... because she said that you're claiming that every RvR guild thinks like that...

Nope, she didn't say that I said that. Now you are starting to misread other peoples posts too. She just stated that it was her personal opinion, nothing else. To be honest I didn't expect anything else, and I certainly didn't BELIEVE anything else. Read Klavrynd's previous post now.. :)

for the record... I haven't logged in any of my chars on about 4-5 weeks now... if that makes any diffrence... I hope it doesn't...

Can't see any reason why it would. I myself haven't done more than log in briefly now and then in the last 2 months or something.

all I want to say to this discussion is that RvR guilds doesn't want to police RvR... they want to play the game their way... ofc they whine at things they don't like... we all do... some of them happends not to like zergs...

They are free to dislike zergs as much as they want, as I've previously stated I dislike zergs myself. They are also free to play the game their way. As long as they don't try to influence people actively that do want to be a part of zergs. And as always that's what I've been stating all along in previous posts.

Now I am basically down on my hands and knees PRAYING that the misreadings and disregardings of words/sentences are over, because as I've stated before, if it hadn't been for them we would have finished off this discussions as merry friends after the first few posts I can promise you that.

(Edit: Removed an empty quote and answered a quote I've missed.)

I

ImLestat

Btw, since Klav stated that his opinion is his alone and not his guilds, it's best that I do the same. Never know what people read into anything otherwise... :p

What I've been saying here is my own opinions and statements and not my guilds.

V

vestax

Originally posted by klavrynd
my point was, is and allways will be, do not turn prydwen in excal #2

I agree 100%

RvR on Prywden is actually fairly decent compared to most servers, (remembers going into odins on excal with his hibby and getting zerged by 4 fg's of albs)

O

old.Hardbein

:flame: :flame:

keep it up guys...keep quoting eachother gives the thread some nice flavour.

All this whining on RvR guilds, is based on pure envy imo. Noone is policing any1 with anything...its just ppl own opinions said ingame or here on BW - freedom of speach. We live i a free world....were allowed to say what we want...its up to u to "obide" or "ignore" it.

tada...!

F

Farnis

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
All this whining on RvR guilds, is based on pure envy imo

Jealous - u serious? People get pissed by getting shouted at mate - its not envy..they just dont like getting insulted. So when someone shouts "Hey you - you fecking N00b, do what I say" people have a tendancy to get riled. And its this attitude (even though they might have good intentions) that cause ructions between guild members.

...and saying that doesnt really do your corner any good really...what with all the eliteist, superior, my opinion is worth more than yours arguments going around at the mo.

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by Farnis
Jealous - u serious? People get pissed by getting shouted at mate - its not envy..they just dont like getting insulted. So when someone shouts "Hey you - you fecking N00b, do what I say" people have a tendancy to get riled. And its this attitude (even though they might have good intentions) that cause ructions between guild members.

...and saying that doesnt really do your corner any good really...what with all the eliteist, superior, my opinion is worth more than yours arguments going around at the mo.

Did u read my whole post or just trying to get me to look like a "im better than u - person" ???

A

Aarweenie

oki... I give up... yes yes you won... I'm sorry for everything... I shot John F Kennedy too... doesn't really matter...

but one thing that I still wonder is why you wrote this:
They are free to dislike zergs as much as they want, as I've previously stated I dislike zergs myself. They are also free to play the game their way. As long as they don't try to influence people actively that do want to be a part of zergs. And as always that's what I've been stating all along in previous posts.
]

if you have this opinion.... and you make a topic on BW named: "What I've been saying all along..." and pointing at a article that says RvR guilds ruin the fun of RvR by running in 1fg and never help out on keep raids and so...
then you say that RvR guilds are trying to police other guilds to not zerg... isn't you just as much trying to say that RvR guilds shouldn't do what they do?
people whine on zergs... and not only from RvR guilds... if you want to call this policeing then I guess you should... even if I think it's wrong... but remember that people do try to "police" RvR guilds not to play as they do too... I guess your next step is to make a topic about how wrong people that whine on RvR guilds are?

practice what you preach... if you don't like people whineing at zergs then don't whine at RvR guilds doing what they think is fun... and if you say you never have whined at RvR guilds doing what they like then I might remind you of that I never whined on a zerg (unless I was really angry ;p)... so what am I trying to prove? well... fi you can get everyone that whines on RvR guilds not helping out in keep raids I promise you that I will get all zerg whiners to stop whine at zergs ;)

I

ImLestat

Answering what you have written would only prolong a discussion which is long since dead, so I'll just leave it. I could answer you and then you would have to answer me and the discussion is going again, because it obviously never ends. I'll leave it at that...

S

SilverHood

sad truth is that:

RvR guilds beating random groups makes the random groups stop playing RvR/leave DAoC

That leaves just RvR guilds facing RvR guilds

Then the RvR guilds get bored... no easy rps, so they level alts/leave DAoC

More random groups appear.

RvR guilds beating random groups makes the random groups stop playing RvR/leave DAoC

That leaves just RvR guilds facing RvR guilds

Then the RvR guilds get bored... no easy rps, so they level alts/leave DAoC

More random groups appear.

repeat until prydwen rests in peace

-------------

On another note, the best fights I've been in, have been with fg vs fg, have been pickup groups from both sides....

And as Roo rightly said, the mass battles are way more fun that the 30 second fg vs fg encounters that seem to happen all the time.

B

bloody

fg v fg fights last a lot longer than 30 secs as both sides support can keep ppl alive for a long time

O

old.Hardbein

Fighting Eclipse in the grogans ZW....

1fg Warders vs. 1fg Eclipse

Engage
Fight starts
Purge.......
Fight ends

Press purge again to see how long it lasted....

"You must wait 24 minutes and xx seconds to use that ability again"

Yeah 1fg vs. 1fg fights last 30 sec..... :p

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Sigh, people just do what they do cause they enjoy it, otherwise it would be a bit silly imo.

This discussions is a bit silly and a waste of time too.

So lets all hug and get about with our business.

GH.jpg

Z

zapzap

Why should rvr groups get tired facing other rvr groups or guilds ??????

Nothing better to fight good groups , good to see NP back today and with eclipse out also + 1 or 2 other hibs groups RvR was more fun then long time.

Only 1 way to improve and that is get u ass kicked here and there.

Zapsi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom