What is wrong with hib

Gozlin

Fledgling Freddie
Ive got 15 lvl 50s, played the game for 5 years and enjoyed it upto now, Why spend hrs of ur life to get chars to ml9 cl10 and spend 30-50p and time gettin that right template, so everything is capped and rdy for rvr, just to stand at a keep every nite and /as lfg rvr. The last point was when in 30 mins i saw about 30 hibs killed and 3-4 hib kills and still know grp needed a char. So i go it alone and get killed by 1-2 fgs of mids 1 min after buffing, then again and again etc etc. I dont blame mids for taking relic or albs for cutting ports. plz dont reply to this thread as its to voice how i feel not to start a whine. Just hib shld start working together more not thinking how shit hot u are and still get farmed.

Baribaala

Fledgling Freddie
i no u told us not to reply but people still will and Gozlin what chars do u play on hib

Gozlin

Fledgling Freddie
Ive got a ml10 cl10 chanter , ml8 cl10 champ , ml5 cl10 mauler, ml8 cl10 bm , ml10 cl10 ns, ml7 cl10 vamp , ml5 cl10 ranger. The rest are ml2-3 and cl5+ druid-eld-ment-ani-ward-bb-bain. All fully temped. Dont want to leave the game just cant see why people cant get grps.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
He also forgot to add but I will he a very nice bloke and tbh totally agree it seems Albs/Mids put out enough Pug grps of late But Hib still got that same mentality of thinking they can solo everything and running less than a fg set up as they think having someone else in group is a burden.

Soulja

Baribaala

Fledgling Freddie
wats ur main char name gozlin cos i making a set grp if u want just pm in game tomorrow probally on baribaala or mrmoosice and Photon u nasty person stop killing my warrior :twak:

Sharkz2004

Fledgling Freddie
i see alot of hibbies in our alliance asking why they cant get groups and then get upset by it... why not make a group yourself? When i cant get a group i just make one and people will join.... its not all that hard...

Bultrug

Fledgling Freddie
About that...

I have been playing the game for 5 years too now and I am somewhat active on my bard and my druid. I have never had the opportunity to do a real set group so after 5 years I am still not very good at what I am doing :). The thing is, I HAVE seen the difference in potential between a set group, a PUG and a so-called organised PUG. With the last I mean a group in which there is an attempt made to communicate during fights and give feedback after. It's these groups that also have an opportunity to perform a little bit better after lost fights. If you want communication during fights, there is really one thing that is essential, certainly for a wanna-be bard who is a very VERY slow typer and has to look at the keys to actually try and make whole sentences.

That is voicecoms.

Me and my r/l friends from Legacy Crusaders are always on vent when we play and we always have a blast wether we win or loose and even when we get slaughtered. The frustration always starts when a group forms with people that are not on voice and although we will never blame people for it, we DO feel that people should make more of an effort and set things up on their computers. We always hear excuses like:

-dont have the program.
-no mike.
-have music on while playing.
-people in the other room. can't talk.

Now I don't want to be a moron and say that it's all lies. I know that some of these excuses can be valid, but the first 3, for instance, are pure complacency, CERTAINLY when you keep getting the same everytime these people join the group. A (very basic) headset costs next to nothing, the programs are a free download and music can be turned off. I would like to ask everyone to seriously consider making your computer fit for voicecom in order to start groups that are more fun and wil perform better. We are CERTAINLY not 1337 players, nor by performance nor by attitude, but we DO know how the game is SUPPOSED to be played and we are getting to the point where we only want people in a group if we can talk to them.

Long story, back on topic. If you have voice, if you are a person that will NOT flame other people and stay polite even when things aren't going well, if you are a noob or if you are an rvr-fotm-badass or whatever you are very VERY welcome to join our groups. Heck, we could very well need you to tell US how to play. If we turn you down because you don't have voice, please understand that it has nothing to do with us feeling 1337 or anything like that. We are starting a campain to get the hibs on vent/ts and start making PUG's that can be a little bit more succesful. If you aren't on it already, get your ass to the store and get a headset.

Tele ... I don't care if it rains :)

Dandelo, Bard
Morael, Druid

PS. If you are new,shy or don't speak english very well, I promise you this will not be a problem in my groups. Trust me.

Disclaimer. If you join my groups you WILL die .. err .. like a LOT.

shermi

Fledgling Freddie
Everhate guild gonna beging make rvr fg again (3 years with no guild fg ueh!), but we are only 9 in the guild and most of the days we gonna need people of alliance for make a fg.

Most of the guild no play rvr in years and we are a band of noobs but we are a funny people :p, if you see some everhate in rvr area, ask about slot for group if want rvr, ofc we are no elite group (most are r2-r3) and we gonna be farmed most of the time for r11 groups but..... we take fun!!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
You are quiet right there a lot don't use Voicecoms which when people trying to make a group prefer they have.

In LA Bira set up Vent for Guild and it only a handful that use it most of time it being used by other Guilds which we don't mind as far as we concerned it for benefit for all.

DAOC has progressed over last 5 years and having Vent is a lot better than trying to Type :- Heal me / Incoming as by time you type all that = you dead anyway.

Nice post why people do not get groups btw.

FAO Mr Moosice I try to hug you But I get this massive urge to press nuke all time :)

Soulja

tierk

Part of the furniture
Vent can bring a completely new experience for players in rvr. I know that some of the funniest moments i have had in DaOc was with vent running

I know for a fact LC vent and the peeps in that guild are all top people as i have run with them in the past and regardless of the outcome - insta death if i was barding naturally - we always had fun.

It also allows you to put a voice to the names and get to know the people you running with better - which can be a good thing or a bad thing, thankfully a good thing though imo.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Vent is great as you can hear me singing!!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
You are quiet right there a lot don't use Voicecoms which when people trying to make a group prefer they have.

In LA Bira set up Vent for Guild and it only a handful that use it most of time it being used by other Guilds which we don't mind as far as we concerned it for benefit for all.

DAOC has progressed over last 5 years and having Vent is a lot better than trying to Type :- Heal me / Incoming as by time you type all that = you dead anyway.

FAO Mr Moosice I try to hug you But I get this massive urge to press nuke all time :)

Soulja

Bira rox :) while i didnt use Vent much when i was in IA myself, i did enjoy those little chats.. Might pop on to say hi as i still got the IA vent , and i can tell u how Pimz is doin in our comedy guild lol

kiliarien

Part of the furniture

Soulja

In LA?? IA you muppet - don't get me mixed up with that Llaw lot, some right dodgy chaps in there (yes, you know who you are..) Though I totally agree with Bultrug (and those after) - so very few grps seem to bother with vent which basically usually cuts the effectiveness of the grp in half imo.

Not as funny as that time you came back absolutely hammered, logged vent and made no sense, started talking to yourself and then fell off your chair and hit a table - classic. Doubt you even remember it :drink:

Bira rox :) while i didnt use Vent much when i was in IA myself, i did enjoy those little chats.. Might pop on to say hi as i still got the IA vent , and i can tell u how Pimz is doin in our comedy guild lol

You must pop on, we miss yooo! :clap:

Punishment

Resident Freddy
This whole attitude of Hibs being 1337ors needs to stop tbh :D

Yesterday playing my Spiritmaster/Blademaster/Enchanter/Bard i made 150,000rps+ in 6-8 man groups and none of these toons is in a template with the latest bonuses etc ;)

Just get out there ... Install Vent and prepare to have fun :wub:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Not as funny as that time you came back absolutely hammered, logged vent and made no sense, started talking to yourself and then fell off your chair and hit a table - classic. Doubt you even remember it :drink:

Moi?!?! ffs, when was that? I have to start getting someone with me when I go out to keep notes of wtf I'm doing, this is getting embarasing :(

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Yesterday, I saw this druid, miixi-p who was saying in /b that he was lfg. It was the second day I saw him doing that and told him that the best way to go about it is to see if there are any bards rvr-ing and just send them a message asking if they need a druid or not, and to just keep in mind that he is looking for a group.

From what he told me some hours later, he had a group and was in that since we spoke, which means that it works.

With voice comm breaking the distance between the avatars and the players behind the keyboard, you come to know the real persons and it's even easier to start grouping up with them. It's much bettter when I just have to say that I'm interrupted and can't do shit till I relocate and not having to say my name for the rest to understand that it's me talking.

But fellas, don't be shy, worse to worst you do a couple of bad runs, it's no big deal, nor is it the end of the world. Even if you upset someone in your group by ... dunno, breaking mezz let's say... just chill, let the bard vent out a bit, it's not personal at the end of the day and we all make mistakes.

Keep at it, eventually you'll get known for your class and your playstyle and it will all be so much easier.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Wooo i wrote LA naughty me hee hee I meant IA.

Give Druids insta rezz 5 times over tbh must remember caster not tank sceeeeezh I get it right 1 day

Soulja

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
its not about being leet or anything of the kind. as was pointed out u cant rvr now without vent, i certainly dont usually run with someone unless they are on vent, even got some ppl who use vent now and didnt in the past who moan if ppl arnt on vent. also well and good that you have many toons and so forth but the question is can u play them well in rvr? you cant just expect to get invites to grps who dont know u, u gotta be assertive and get a grp. finally i think leet is the wrong word to use. i think ppl want to run with ppl they know and trust playing chars rather then a pick up who dosent know his ass from his elbow. Ex : a fg mezzed, random chanter in grp thinks its pve time and runs in pb's no moc, rr3 with mcl1, purge 1 and insta dies... then one thinks hmm we need that chanter like my ass needs teeth!

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Im getting broadband on friday markus :D

I expect Rp-pl on Chanter+BM Post haste !!!

Addictive+Intimidation Fatfurb assist train ftw ;)

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
I must carry on this thread and its views

WTF is wrong with u ppl, ur not hibs... the community since i played has gone SEVERLY down hill, u give a shit about nothing but urselves
tonight i created a bg to take back our relic from the fuckin albs and i got 11 ppl.. yes thats right ELEVEN PEOPLE

Now.. i know most of u have jobs and the like and we all have social lives.. but this was at 7 to 8pm, WTF are u guys doing at 7 to 8pm? ur bridge camping, poc grouping doing whatever in rvr except RvR'ing, what the fucks the point?

u ppl disgust me, ur not hibs.. ur just, lazy fuckers, if u ppl ever join warhammer, dont join chaos, i dont want u on my side of the boarder, infact goto the other side, cus alteast then i know ill get easy fuckin kills and can kill u all by the dozen

tonight, bolg T1 was taken (thank u to the HIBS to actually did it) and then becuase we cudnt afford the defence it lasted for.. the guts of 5 seconds, literally about 5 seconds, after the 5 seconds the tower was on fire.. and after that about 10 seconds more it was alb again (again thank u to the hibs that took it in the first place) but the rest of u, i dont know what u are, i dont care what u are, but ur NOT HIBS

Whats wrong with hib, ill tell ya whats wrong with hib... its fat, its lazy and it does nothing to protect itself

ALB AND MID, HIB IS OPEN TO ATTACK, GO FOR IT

now atleast i can sit back an watch some sort of fireworks, and maybe now hib will get its finger out of that sorry excuse for a hole and get its legs moving, that means ALL OF U, every single one of u that goes into the hib banner

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie

WTF is wrong with u ppl, ur not hibs... the community since i played has gone SEVERLY down hill, u give a shit about nothing but urselves
tonight i created a bg to take back our relic from the fuckin albs and i got 11 ppl.. yes thats right ELEVEN PEOPLE

Now.. i know most of u have jobs and the like and we all have social lives.. but this was at 7 to 8pm, WTF are u guys doing at 7 to 8pm? ur bridge camping, poc grouping doing whatever in rvr except RvR'ing, what the fucks the point?

u ppl disgust me, ur not hibs.. ur just, lazy fuckers, if u ppl ever join warhammer, dont join chaos, i dont want u on my side of the boarder, infact goto the other side, cus alteast then i know ill get easy fuckin kills and can kill u all by the dozen

tonight, bolg T1 was taken (thank u to the HIBS to actually did it) and then becuase we cudnt afford the defence it lasted for.. the guts of 5 seconds, literally about 5 seconds, after the 5 seconds the tower was on fire.. and after that about 10 seconds more it was alb again (again thank u to the hibs that took it in the first place) but the rest of u, i dont know what u are, i dont care what u are, but ur NOT HIBS

Whats wrong with hib, ill tell ya whats wrong with hib... its fat, its lazy and it does nothing to protect itself

now atleast i can sit back an watch some sort of fireworks, and maybe now hib will get its finger out of that sorry excuse for a hole and get its legs moving, that means ALL OF U, every single one of u that goes into the hib banner

I suggest you calm down, you come across as some 5 year old who's just been let outside for the first time.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH

Hey man, 2 am here and I just arrived home. Chillax. You did an ok thread for a relic raid on sunday, we'll try to be there and defend the realm etc but relax or you gonna have a heart attack.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
lol someone forgot the chill pills? :) And vegeta were you in that trio of hibs that got roxed by a solo minstrel near bolg yesterday? ;)

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH

What a nice new feature! Givf the time and date on vent for the concert and i'll be there! Might aswell pay abit for it :)

VegetaFH1

Fledgling Freddie
If one of the guys at bolg had horns for a helmet, then ye that was me

ALL my charactors have horns (and now with the new design for armor they arent Grey con hats made of chicken rubber) they are now Scale or Reinforced hats

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Hahaha Vegata is a ''Scallion Eater'' :D

Go down the Four Oak's there and order me a pint ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom