What is the ONE thing you would most like to happen?

A

Arrows

Originally posted by Nightchill
don't lose perspective on the whine threads, they are a minority (albeit a vocal one). in many cases it's players complaining about something GOA have little control over and in all likelyhood are just as frustrated at :)

They are a minority in the context of the posts on BW but would be interesting to see if they are a minority if you talk about the amount of times things go wrong and whether or not the problem is solved satisfactorally.
I.e when problems arise what percentage of people would say they got good or bad service ?

M

Moody

I don't see the big deal in the need for faster patches. The time between patches is the same in US as here, only they started first :) And to people saying "why do we need to wait for the french" (must be the french part that hits the right string with some) Would you like to be ahead of them, so that your precious english server is polluted with french and germans wanting the latest content sooner? Thought not.

In all my time on daoc I had to use Customer support 3 times, 3 times I was helped within 24 hours. Maybe because I didnt start my mail with: "Hello, you garlic breathing frog and snaileating baguettes!!"

So I voted for a 3rd server.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Moody
Maybe because I didnt start my mail with: "Hello, you garlic breathing frog and snaileating baguettes!!"

hmm, you're saying that doesn't work?

so that's where I've been going wrong :(

C

chretien

As far as I know, the euro game uses a different client to the US version so the english patches need to be translated to work. You can't just apply the US patches directly to the english euro servers even if Goa wanted to.

G

Graknak

There is no ONE tbh, they need to fix all these "problems" compared to US servers tbh.

However make a 3th english server, make it co-op so you fix 2 problems at once.

Let newbies (with lets say a free copy with pc-zone) play the game on real servers instead of seemingly freebee-only servers, otherwise they still can't taste the community they'll end up in eventually if they play the game. Also abiut more of the budget should go to posters in various gaming magazines not to mention improve the aviability of the product worldwide/in europe (which Kemor was working on i believe)

Improving costumer service means hiring more ppl who speak both French and English, meaning those expenses need to be payed meaning prices/month might go up, meaning less ppl might be interested since the price is higher meaning you won't solve any problems with hiring more ppl. So the result is hire more and pay less or hire none and let current work twice as hard. (Volunteers out of the community to help their fellow realmembers who act on behalf of GOA might be an idea?)

Patch distance, same as above, more ppl to translate or faster translating. (Perhaps ask for volunteers out of the community to help translating small parts, with rewards like exclusive spots on beta testings etc.)

F

Fightersuntzu

I put the add more people to the game, because I figure if GOA get more money through more they'll do most of the other stuff on the list - hire more translators, add a 3rd english server when pryds population increases enough, send at least something vaguely resembling a CSR system into play, make a few co-op servers if thats what the player base wants.

S

Sping

I voted for a co-op server! :)

This is actually a long running argument between my boyfriend and I. He's always said he wished for faster patching and I've wanted a co-op server. He calls me a roleplayer and I call him an elite RvRing bastard! :)

Personally I think both Excal and Prydwen have alot of players that would benefit from the introduction of a co-op server. RvR has become the domain of those with hours to spend perfecting SC kits and putting together 'uber' groups and the casual player/roleplayer has been brushed aside. A co-op server would be great for people like me who enjoy PvE with the occasional conflict where I'd stand a chance of coming out victorious (it's my understanding that keep takes are an integral part of co-op server life).

Dare to dream! :)

N

-Nxs-

a co-op server would be nice but lets face it, DAOC was designed as a level in PvE for the final game of RvR - there are loads of other MMORPGS out there that dont have a full PvP system like DAOC. But having said that it would be nice to try out the DAOC characters in a PvE ONLY environment :)

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Graknak

Let newbies (with lets say a free copy with pc-zone) play the game on real servers instead of seemingly freebee-only servers, otherwise they still can't taste the community they'll end up in eventually if they play the game.

now that is important. can't imagine what playing on a server with only 10 other people would be like :/

S

SFXman

More players on Prydwen, please? Aww... I want more people damnit!

E

Eleasias

I don't see the big deal in the need for faster patches.

Moody McGregor Guild : Humberton Guard Level : 50 Class : Armsman RPs : 34,253 (RR2L6) Last Week : 0 Race : Highlander

Gribald Ponders Guild : Humberton Guard Level : 50 Class : Cleric RPs : 107,124 (RR3L3) Last Week : 2,597 Race : Briton

This is probably why, the people who actually RvR want the patches fast because of the ridiculous unbalance between realms, savages, asd etc. Obviously when you never get to face the unbalance you dont really need a fix for it, but MOST people RvR and those are the people who want the patches.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I voted other: Move the English based players to the US or maintain 2 patch servers.

GOA can't offer the English based server population anything close to what the US based players get. Out of the three languages they offer they constantly quote lack of population the reason we have less variety and choice than our French and German speaking counterparts. Well, the reason is because there are a lot of English-speaking players that simply upped and moved to the US and over the last 2 years GOA haven't exactly busted a gut to advertise the game and bring in new players to the English speaking market. I can't hand on heart say to someone thinking of starting to play to get a Euro account, I'd have to recommend they buy US unless they intend to play on French or German servers.

The only other option from moving English server based players to the US is for GOA to bite the bullet and conceed to run 2 patch servers AND add a third English server. I used to be against this but I think servers which are running the US version at the same time as the US is doable. No translating, no hassle, no fuss. Warts and all US versions - just get the files a few days after each US patch and load them up. They can translate to their hearts content for French and German servers, silence a large part of the gripes against them in one fell swoop as well as bringing back customers from the US servers.

A

Aoami

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
I voted other: Move the English based players to the US or maintain 2 patch servers.

GOA can't offer the English based server population anything close to what the US based players get. Out of the three languages they offer they constantly quote lack of population the reason we have less variety and choice than our French and German speaking counterparts. Well, the reason is because there are a lot of English-speaking players that simply upped and moved to the US and over the last 2 years GOA haven't exactly busted a gut to advertise the game and bring in new players to the English speaking market. I can't hand on heart say to someone thinking of starting to play to get a Euro account, I'd have to recommend they buy US unless they intend to play on French or German servers.

The only other option from moving English server based players to the US is for GOA to bite the bullet and conceed to run 2 patch servers AND add a third English server. I used to be against this but I think servers which are running the US version at the same time as the US is doable. No translating, no hassle, no fuss. Warts and all US versions - just get the files a few days after each US patch and load them up. They can translate to their hearts content for French and German servers, silence a large part of the gripes against them in one fell swoop as well as bringing back customers from the US servers.

It Just makes so much sense, i really can't se why it hasn't been done tbh. In the long run GOA are only losing put on 3-4k players, they can dedicate more time to the french/german players and the advertising campagins there, and they'd prolly get a reasonable sized payoff for the servers from mythic.

O

old.Tohtori

rainman2.jpg

M

Moody

Eleasias, the patches don't balance the RvR game, you should know that better than anybody :) Every patch nerfs certain classes and enhances certain classes but there will NEVER be balance. A new patch just bring some other imbalance and new whines. I've been around since practically day one, and every time we patched there were just as many hurray posts as there were new whines about class and/or realm inbalance. And believe me as a casual player, (I have lots of work in the garden too and am not married to one game) I experience a lot more unbalance in RvR than those who have the RA's to compensate a bit.

What is of no interest to you but is to others like me, is new content, which is added for a part by patches (quests and the like) Now I like new content because thats what I play the game for but I still see no need to ask for faster patching. I'm not in favour of slower patching, I just say that we patch almost just as fast as the US, their servers started sooner.

And why go through the hassle of looking up my rp's? Does it make my opinion less worthy or something?

E

Eleasias

Eleasias, the patches don't balance the RvR game, you should know that better than anybody :)
Ok they make the glaring inbalances a little more closer to each other, if not balanced. I dont think theres a single non-mid person RvRing who isnt wishing for asd and savage fix.

E

Eleasias

And looking up your RP wasnt a "hassle" since irc bots can do it with 1 command. I was just interested why you "dont see the big deal in faster patches". When EVERY RvRing person is waiting for the patch hands crossed.

M

Moody

You think I like being 2 shot by savages? ;) I'm waiting for patches just as hard as everyone :) Just don't have the now-now-now drive some people have :D

T

Tilda

Either bring us up to US level, ie, mabey a week behind or something. Or what Tohtori said.

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Went for other, and allthough i defend GOA, i say this:

Shut down systems.

Patch/move all clients to US.

Make it "Someone elses problem".

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Tilda
Either bring us up to US level, ie, mabey a week behind or something. Or what Tohtori said.

you do know thats technically impossible? Even if goa would give us the patch without translating it, mythic wouldnt give the patch to goa without having test it on their own real servers first for one or two weeks and then goa need to test it themself on their own system.
So it would be possible to get within 3 weeks and then have the problem that all of goa's customers will probably play on the UK servers first, before it hits their own servers.

Also worth noting is that doing this will cost money (different patch server most likely and more people to make sure french/german dont patch slower than usa/uk servers).

Anyway I think mythic made a fault by allowing goa to set up an english server. They probably should have kept the english market to themself, as with any company that runs english and other languages will have the english people on their back as they could be having less distance between them and US servers as they dont need translations. However I do get why goa wouldnt want to give away the UK servers as it is theirs and it gives them extra money, but mythic made a bad move with this.

V

vesania

My "other"

Market and sell the game properly in England for once, so that there would be enough English speaking clients for a third server to open itself. This takes care of the need for new blood too.

Marketing in the UK is currently next to zero and availability of the game IS zero, as far as I can work out.

I don't think moving English speakers to the existing US servers is a viable option. I've played on US servers extensively in other MMORPGS and it gets annoying as hell being 8-12 hours in time away from half of the people that you want to play with, most events taking place at what is, for you, 3am in the morning...etc. etc.

L

-Lillo-

Originally posted by bob007
I clicked "other" heres why.

Introduce co-op server

... I would like to see 3 new servers opened, Like PvP meets PvE (yes, your all saying, but isn't that what we have) I would like cross realm grouping and guilding, But RvR areas like in the normal game. That way you achieve game balance anyway :)

I agree, Co-Op server, except in RvR designated areas and make it nor Realm vs Realm but Guild vs Guild in these areas. Makes for interesting groups and alot of people will like this I think.

L

-Lillo-

Re: My "other"

Originally posted by vesania
Market and sell the game properly in England for once, so that there would be enough English speaking clients for a third server to open itself. This takes care of the need for new blood too.

Marketing in the UK is currently next to zero and availability of the game IS zero, as far as I can work out.

I agree, but also do this in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, The Netherlands and Belgium. they all join english speaking servers and we'd have a 3rd server in notime.

O

old.Tohtori

Odd that people agree with something Teh Seel posted... :eek7:

S

Sichama

But you are odd :rolleyes:
So its not odd that odd things happen around you, although it would also be odd if the odd didn't happen...its quite simple really.

But anyway it also makes sense...although that in itself may be odd or not it doesn't really matter as i allready said...if the EU English servers were to be moved to Myhtic, we would get a co-op server, we would get the third server, we would get more people ... i know it will be Americans and i know that its debatable if that is good but thats not the point now...there wouldn't be any delay in patches, and we would get better CS..so its an all in one solution.

So you see as odd as this might sound your choise is not that odd afterall... is that odd?... well it doesn't matter really.

D

Driwen

sichama moving to US would mean losing little things like halloween events and having the ability to get help with setting up events yourself. Also you would have to pay more (if you're from europe) and you would stumble on bugs in the active patches.

Besides that goa will probably never ditch the english servers as they paid/are paying for the right to have them and its a source of income. Loosing it would be bad business and it would partially be bad business for mythic to get the servers back without any reason except them having chosen the wrong company to run it.

N

Nightchill

I don't think it was Mythic choosing GOA... GOA actively went out and sought the license to run DAoC in certain European languages.. Without them it wouldn't be here at all.

Or am I mistaken? :confused:

G

Garnet

Patching faster imo, im sure it isnt hard to hire yourself another team to work on patching faster etc...

Also give ingame support like the US. Im sure you have the money to do so and it would help alot imo.

Users who are viewing this thread