What is the ONE thing you would most like to happen?

D

Damini

Following on from previous threads, what is the one thing do you think GOA could really improve in order to make your gaming experience improve?

S

Sichama

Aaaargh every time i am about to chose one my pointer moves to another the last minute.....

...can't...bring myself to chose...only...one...

O

old.Tohtori

Went for other, and allthough i defend GOA, i say this:

Shut down systems.

Patch/move all clients to US.

Make it "Someone elses problem".

S

Sichama

Wooohooo...

thats another, other from me.....

What Tohtori said. :clap:

M

Madonion Slicer

Personally i went for 3rd Server, patching i dont really miss what i dont have so if the US can shoot fireballs from there asses then that's great, i never had that ability so dont really miss it.

I am though missing 1/3 of the Game and unless i want to go to PVP which i dont i will always be unable to play that last 1/3.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Madonion Slicer
patching i dont really miss what i dont have so if the US can shoot fireballs from there asses then that's great, i never had that ability so dont really miss it.

voted for more people, give newbies with a fresh sight on things that isn´t an alt of some other server dude running around yelling "PL PLZ PLZ plzPLZPLZPZL"

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Shut down systems.

I voted "other"...and what Tohtori said.

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Shut down systems.

Make it "Someone elses problem".
Either that or patch the english servers first. Why should we have to suffer just cuz' the French and German don't know English :rolleyes:

I voted for patch faster btw.

B

bob007

I clicked "other" heres why.

Improve Customer service/keeping the public informed during problems

Yes this needs adressing, Rightnextweek is slow, often the reply doesn't even to be conected to the complaint in the first place. Someone realy needs to read what poeple are asking them to do, Before they hit Autorespounce number 32. Also information is key. Ppl want to know about a small server outage that was caused by a 3 amp fuse that blow and scared the hamsters turning the server dynamo causing them to stop running for a few secs.

Introduce third server

No, Reason is there is just no english speaking customer base for a 3rd english server.

Patch faster (less distance behind USA)

Patching is fine, Its not easy to translate to 2 other languages, Then run tests for each.

Introduce co-op server

No again, Not for any reason other then the 3rd english server 1, English speaking comunity are out numbered in daoc, By the french and the germans, If they add 1 PvE server, English would find it hard to get on the server and use it, Look at PvP, No offence to anyone there, But its full of french and german speaking ppl, And Broadcast is nothing but these 2 languages. I would like to see 3 new servers opened, Like PvP meets PvE (yes, your all saying, but isn't that what we have) I would like cross realm grouping and guilding, But RvR areas like in the normal game. That way you achieve game balance anyway :)

Bring more people/new players into the game

There is a marketing problem with this game, I very rarely see ads for it, Maybe a new winter ad campaign to get ppl intrested over the holidays. Start it early, Run the free server game cd again on more mags, And add a download to it also on GoA/daoc home page. This is the age of broadband, Peeps have the bandwidth and time to download anything they want. More comunity content on main site, Not just links to barrysworld, But actual content writen by players, Any thing from funny encounter, To full on roleplaying. Ofc anything posted would have to be approved by GoA, But the feeling of comunity involvment is important, And right its set on Zero. Aslo a more active kemor, Yes i know he's flame bait, Yes i've flamed him myself, But welcome to barrysworld. Your English GM, At least make yourself more reachable to the english comunity you GM.

other (please state)

See everything above.

Sry Damini, But i couldn't answer the poll with 1 single button. Had comments for all in 1 way or another.

S

scarffs

Patch faster, and KEEP PEOPLE INFORMED !
The herald is updated every day and people always know whats going on and when patches are due and arrive.
I feel like we are always left in the dark and then the friday news arrives and its blurry. We still have no idea when the 1.63 will finally be patched !

I do, however, understand there are some issues to always translate and test the game, but it was a mistake from the beginning to run english-speaking servers from europe by another company then Mythic. This isnt aimed at Goa specifically, but admit it would be better for the english servers to be run by Mythic.
Then no delay for patches, servers enough to play all three realms three times, no support problems, no update problems, etc...

L

lakih

Its hard to just pick one :)

I voted improve the customer support/information flow... altho faster patching is important, news (any) is better imo.

More servers would be fun, but quite frankly, we dont have the population to support them. A server needs people who play there as their main server, not just alts from Prydwen and Excalibur.

A

Archeon

Better communication between GOA/Players would definatly be welcome. I don't mean like in-game appeals or anything. I probably wouldn't use that anyway. But it would be nice if they made rightnow easier to use.

i'm not asking for much, but a little tag with peoples names on telling us what their doing would be nice. E.g.

Kemor,
Current Status: On The Loo

or

Zargar,
Current Staus: Out For Lunch

Givf GOA reality TV :D

O

old.Tohtori

"WE AT GOA ARE WORKING ON IT!"

toilet.jpg

O

old.Jable

i went for : Improve Customer service/keeping the public informed during problems

i could handle slower patchs if there was more communication.

O

old.job

Results speak for themselves, most people (me included) have no problems whatsoever with CS.
Hardly anyone wants 3rd server.

It just riles to be behind the states at all times.

The video/film companies have realised this , time for you Mythic.

K

klavrynd

other : patch back to 1.60 so i might renew my account

A

Arrows

no ignore that ... the game ... improve the game
im not joking on this one

N

Nightchill

It was a choice between getting more people playing or a third server. I went for a third server since, to get one, they'd probably have to get more people playing anyway :)

Patching issue doesn't bother me that much.

A

andyr00barb

Other:
Hurry up with the RvR expansion and stop doing silly things like housing zones.

A

Aoami

For me personaly, i'd like to see a Co-Op server, but the benefit the whole community i'd definately like to see faster patching times.

I also stick by my belief that GOA should sell the 2 English servers to Mythic and have them run them, so we don't have to wait for patch translation and have hundreds of servers to play on. This just makes so much sense to me.

D

Dulak

Cant decide on only one as all these things are the things we want from our expereince of DAOC,

If however all are being done at some point and its just the priority that is being polled then ill go with patch faster, as this is something that helps everyone, both RvR and PvE. Also least we all will be able to see changes happening, and maybe beat the americans to kill a new boss etc.

Some comments follow that made me pick patching over everything else.

Improve Customer service/keeping the public informed during problems: This is somthing that should of been in place from day one. Affects all servers/langauges etc, good goal for all.

Introduce third server: English only goal, to be able to play the full content of the game, like everyone else in their own language.
Love to have this, but should of had since beginging, regardless of how many people playing from England. Wouldnt be surprised if some english people give up playing or dont even bother after free month because of this.

Patch faster (less distance behind USA): Give us what the americans have. no comment, other than affects all servers/langauges etc, good goal for all. Fed up of reading about things americans have done before us and we then follow "How To Do" posts and ruin game play in 5 mins.

Introduce co-op server: hmmm what language, another english gimped server maybe?, affects PvE only players. nice idea but just that. Also whats the end game like when you reach 50?

Bring more people/new players into the game: Out of anyones control except marketing, and good customer relations.

other (please state): hmmm just question's here. why this option? What else do you have in mind? Is this an option for RvR expansions/fixes? Is this an option to pick if you think that other options are not important?

C

Cyradix

They can't patch the english servers first cause the french/germans would all come and play on our servers.

I wouldn't like to get the "server full" message when I want to play. Would you?

N

-Nxs-

Strange voting here.

I would have expected improve customer service - keep punters informed over whats going on, thats what EVERYONE seams to moan about all the time, yet when i voted 44% want the servers patched quicker.... very strange.

A

Aoami

Tbh, i don't think that in general GOA's customer service is THAT bad, just they cocked up the password thing.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Strange voting here.

I would have expected improve customer service - keep punters informed over whats going on, thats what EVERYONE seams to moan about all the time, yet when i voted 44% want the servers patched quicker.... very strange.

i voted faster patching, by elimiation more than anything, none of the other options would really make a difference to me (appart from perhaps new players) as I dont want a new server and have never really had cause to complain about rightnow.

N

-Nxs-

I was torn between "more players" too - but you jsut have to look at the wine threads when something goes wrong - surely more information would provide a better service - the status on patching isnt that bad, i mean we generaly get a month or three before the updated patch hits - plenty of time to iron out some of the more horrible bugs.

N

Nightchill

don't lose perspective on the whine threads, they are a minority (albeit a vocal one). in many cases it's players complaining about something GOA have little control over and in all likelyhood are just as frustrated at :)

Users who are viewing this thread