What is the ONE thing you would most like to happen?

O

old.Alliandre

Originally posted by Moody
I don't see the big deal in the need for faster patches. The time between patches is the same in US as here, only they started first :) And to people saying "why do we need to wait for the french" (must be the french part that hits the right string with some) Would you like to be ahead of them, so that your precious english server is polluted with french and germans wanting the latest content sooner? Thought not.

In all my time on daoc I had to use Customer support 3 times, 3 times I was helped within 24 hours. Maybe because I didnt start my mail with: "Hello, you garlic breathing frog and snaileating baguettes!!"

So I voted for a 3rd server.

I didn't start with that but they didn't reply to me for a month :( Where am I going wrong?

K

kr0n

Bring new players to the game definatly.

More players leads to more revenues, leading to better service, possibly even a 3rd server due the amount of new players!

Or introduce a new server whilst campaigning for DAoC!

I

iluvatur

collison detection collision detection collision detection

D

Driwen

Originally posted by iluvatur
collison detection collision detection collision detection

lets ask goa something that mythic most likely cant even add :p. Sorry but this is about what goa should improve on first and not what should be added to the game;)

K

kahl

fresh blood into the game would be good, might turn the whining down from the older ppl.

K

kahl

Originally posted by driwen
you do know thats technically impossible? Even if goa would give us the patch without translating it, mythic wouldnt give the patch to goa without having test it on their own real servers first for one or two weeks and then goa need to test it themself on their own system.
So it would be possible to get within 3 weeks and then have the problem that all of goa's customers will probably play on the UK servers first, before it hits their own servers.

Also worth noting is that doing this will cost money (different patch server most likely and more people to make sure french/german dont patch slower than usa/uk servers).

Anyway I think mythic made a fault by allowing goa to set up an english server. They probably should have kept the english market to themself, as with any company that runs english and other languages will have the english people on their back as they could be having less distance between them and US servers as they dont need translations. However I do get why goa wouldnt want to give away the UK servers as it is theirs and it gives them extra money, but mythic made a bad move with this.

they could just start another EU server, ppl, will meet there then and the primetime is EU :>

but yes, dno what goa is doing, somethings they most do.
but yes (again), we havent been lucky with them at all, seems to focus on french and german servers way to much....

ive run into frenchs player myself on the engelsk saying, sorry, dont understand <- what the heck are they doing?

[off topic]
if a such big country as france dont learn english well they will be left behind.
[/off topic]

but I think its seems far that they make one of their servers english, then if they wanna play a thid realm they most go english which they can understand, abit..
we got no chance to understand french, perhaps german some of us.

O

old.Thanatlos

meet the love of my life?
win the lottery?
world peace?
end to hunger?
play bingo?

not particulary in that order though!

O

old.Tohtori

meet the love of my life?

Look in the mirror.

win the lottery?

A 5 buck win from the lottery isn't that special, trust me.

world peace?

Why would you want peas all over the world?

end to hunger?

Oh, get the pea thing now...

play bingo?

Playing Bingo is hazardous to yourself and your loved ones.

S

Solarius

I voted for better customer service. I wanted to vote for bring new players, and introduce coop server also (coop server being slightly lower priority and one that would likely resolve itself with the first two)

Reason I finally chose better CS? Ok, I've used rightnow once or twice, and had a swift response, so though I've seen that some people are having major problems with it, none of us can fully say it's entirly goas fault. It could be that they are swamped by emails that have little or no relevance to the game, and this would obviously slow the process down. It could be that, or it could be that they don't give a damn about customers, but we can't make that judgement simply because noone says anything!

Then there is the hacking incident. It's still in the realm of speculation and myth exactly what occured, for the same reason as above.

Whilst getting an increase in new players, through whatever marketing plan they have for the release of ToA or any other strategy, would be nice, it would also be a great turnaround if they could keep the existing playerbase, and for that they need good CS, good PR and then hopefully the playerbase will expand on its own through good reviews and word-of-mouth reccomendations.

What do I normally say to people who are interested in what I do with a large majority of my spare time? 'I play a game. Good fun, as long as everythings working' which to be honest, it is. But heaven help those for whom that this ceases to be true.

L

-Lonewolf-

3rd server tbh just don't think its possible for them to patch faster with all the translations in place

R

rg-zorena

gez get english talking ppl us patches when they are done and move pryd excal to another loging server and vola...

H

Hargh

Looks like we are going to vote for the one thing that GOA actually can't change. Nice work us.

S

Solarius

Originally posted by rg-zorena
gez get english talking ppl us patches when they are done and move pryd excal to another loging server and vola...

And you really think GOA would be willing to do this? Ok, lets put it into prospective. Saturday 25th October peak numbers:

Avalon - 2984 (G)
Ys - 2629 (F)
Orcanie - 1781 (F)
Logres - 1798 (G)
Stonehenge - 2650 (G)
Prydwen - 1731 (E)
Lyonesse - 2685 (G)
Broceliande - 2785 (F)
Excalibur - 2519 (E)
Dartmoor - 1627 (G)
Carnac - 790 (F)

So, on the French servers the peak poulation was 7985, the Geman servers had a peak population of 11744 and the English servers had a peak population of 4250. And this was the first saturday of half term in the UK. Like it or not, the English servers are just shy of 18% of the total population on GOAs servers.

If they were to transfer the login for Prydwen and Excalibur to an alternative login, barring the French and German players or no, and then patch the english servers significantly sooner than the french or geman ones, do you think the other 82% of the playing population would like that?

It'd be nice if we could get patches quickly after the US servers, I'm really eager to get ToA myself, but time for a reality check, it's not gonna happen under the current setup, as any company the strives to please less than 20% of its customer base by upsetting the remaining 80+% is only headed one way- bankruptcy

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Originally posted by Zebolt
Either that or patch the english servers first. Why should we have to suffer just cuz' the French and German don't know English :rolleyes:

I voted for patch faster btw.

We have to suffer cuz we can't even fill 2 servers :p

L

leap

adding 1 other:
give lvl 50's a use for pve more then farming drops/cash/pl
as it is now, you rush of on a raid, go cash hunt, or plays an´alt / pl's a friend/alt... this is where the game starts to get boring, oh and give a test server open to everyone! where u have how many respecs as ever etc and /charcopy (us has this afaik they can test their chars and "fine tune" em afaik..

also decrease patching time some, drop the english patch on the english users, have it so the french can download a file that tells game to dl patch (french languages and such) or simply MOVE english servers to the US, today most people have fast internet con, only problem would be when all connection to the us is down.. but no worries

also give more information on what happens, and when it happens, yes we pay for this game, we have the right to know why the zone friggin crashes when x' fg alb/mid/hib is in a zone, this game was ment to be big battles not fg vs fg afaik... Realm versus Realm anyone?

well im tired and bored... cookies anyone? :)

Users who are viewing this thread