what is the difference between...

stoptryingtohitme

Fledgling Freddie
intel and piety?

Intel = damage delt by spells???
piety = power pool???

i know its n00bish but hey i cant member...

and while im at it, wtf is charisma?!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
They are stats used by different chars, and all equal the amount of mana used. No toon uses 2 different ones, for example:

Mid
Piety = Thane, Healer, Shaman, SM, BD, RM (all casters)
Charisma = Skald only

Albion =
Piety = Cleric, Friar (support classes)
Inteligence = Necro, Wizzard, Theurg, Sorc (all casters)
Charisma = Minstrel

Hib
Piety = Support classes
Inteligence = caster classes
Charisma = not too sure, best to ask a hib

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Depends which class you are.
Every caster class (including hybrids) has a 'casting stat' which determines the effectiveness of their spells and the amount of power they have. In Alb all classes use Int as a casting stat except Clerics, Paladins, Reavers and Friars who use Piety, and Minstrels who use Charisma.

You don't need more than one of those stats, if it's not your casting stat then raising it will do nothing.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry, your power pool is seperate to pie/int/char, they releate pretty much to the damage a spell can do, and indirectly to how many "buff points" you have on a support class.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm I was under the impression that +acuity also increased your available power. I shall have to do some testing.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
chretien said:
Hmm I was under the impression that +acuity also increased your available power. I shall have to do some testing.

was under that impression to

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Acuity is something to do with buffer's and how well their buffs work, i think... also its to do with the amount of buffs you can do (conc), buff any buff class can only still do a maximum of 20 buffs.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Xyslo said:
Acuity is something to do with buffer's and how well their buffs work, i think... also its to do with the amount of buffs you can do (conc), buff any buff class can only still do a maximum of 20 buffs.

No it's not. Acuity is a buff that increases the base stat of caster classes. In Albion it would raise the intelligence on a Wizard for example.

Acuity has nothing whatsoever to do with the effectiveness of buffs.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

As far as I am aware, +acuity raises your base casting stat so you do more damage. I believe your power pool size remains unchanged, and is only affected by items with the relevant ToA bonuses.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
CamelotHerald said:
Intelligence (INT) A primary casting stat, which determines the power pool of Intelligence-based classes as well as the damage done by their spells. These classes have INT as their primary stat.

Empathy (EMP) Empathy affects the maximum power pool available to the Druid and Warden classes as well as the damage done by Druidic DoTs.

Piety (PIE) Priest, Clerical, Mystic, and Seer classes rely on Piety to determine the depth of their power pools. Their damage spells, if they have them, are also affected by this attribute.

Charisma (CHA) Charisma guides the effectiveness of a musical class' songs.
There you go :cool:

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
As far as I am aware, +acuity raises your base casting stat so you do more damage. I believe your power pool size remains unchanged, and is only affected by items with the relevant ToA bonuses.

Acuity= main caster stat
Meaning if your a wizard, +acuity will give u more inteligence. Put same item on a cleric, and he will get + to piety from the same item.

Its that simple, but to make sure people dont get this wrong:

+Acuity means + to your characters MAIN casting stat. either int or piety (or cha). +12 acuity gives the same effect for a wizard that +12 intelligence does.

Simply but: mythic made items that have Acuity so it could give stats to more types of casters.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
old.Whoodoo said:
Hib
Piety = Support classes

its actually

Piety - nobody in hib, druids and wardens use empathy
Int - elds, animists, chanters, ments, VWs (for spells) champs (for spells)
Charisma - bards, though they also get thier emp stat raised as they level, which does nothing at all for them.

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
Raven give a rvr tank Noob thread imo... /assist macros 'how too's', MA info, engage, huh?, guards, dead pbaoe huh?, protects, huh?, main jobs, etc ;)

No daoc lingo s/s huh?

Yeah im gonna research and explain to the old man as much as i can but ya been there done that. And me moc/pbaoe ant an issue :worthy:

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
No it's not. Acuity is a buff that increases the base stat of caster classes. In Albion it would raise the intelligence on a Wizard for example.

Acuity has nothing whatsoever to do with the effectiveness of buffs.

The poster you replied to was actually correct in saying that acuity does effect buffers but he was wrong in saying that it effects that actual buff itself. It will increase your concentration pool allowing more or better buff spells to be cast, but will have no effect on the buffs themselves as you pointed out.

Natswoo

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
They are stats used by different chars, and all equal the amount of mana used. No toon uses 2 different ones, for example:

Mid
Piety = Thane, Healer, Shaman, SM, BD, RM (all casters)
Charisma = Skald only

Albion =
Piety = Cleric, Friar (support classes)
Inteligence = Necro, Wizzard, Theurg, Sorc (all casters)
Charisma = Minstrel

Hib
Piety = Support classes

Also Pally uses Peity in alb

Karatakus

Fledgling Freddie
Keeg said:
Acuity= main caster stat
Meaning if your a wizard, +acuity will give u more inteligence. Put same item on a cleric, and he will get + to piety from the same item.

Its that simple, but to make sure people dont get this wrong:

+Acuity means + to your characters MAIN casting stat. either int or piety (or cha). +12 acuity gives the same effect for a wizard that +12 intelligence does.

Simply but: mythic made items that have Acuity so it could give stats to more types of casters.

What he said. :)

Btw +acuity items does not raise ur conc pool on a class that can use conc based buffs. The only thing I have seen that increases ur conc pool is the ml 4 perfector ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom