What is it with people?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
seaotter said:
so i just think 'tosser' smile and carry on because at the end of the day the real prats will be asking me if i want fries with my big mac if i ever meet them in rl:)

Or they will end up ruling some large country with nuclear weapons ;)
Never underestimate how far rude, arrogant, egoistical people can rise in this world :/

On topic, i tend to ignore all random invites without any prior conversation, unless im at a boss with several people because then speed might be of importance, and its not hard to figure out why i get an invite in those circumstances:)

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
I try to beleive that the people who spam invites don't speak enough English to ask for what they need. Deep down I realise if their English was that poor they prolly wouldn't understand the nature of the quest they were embarking upon, however it's best to beleive they are misguided/poor English speakers etc. then I don't need to be upset by them...

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
i've grouped outside the guild once since i've been playing and that was in Gnomeregan....

never again, they actually wanted me to be the only healer and run round pressing the buttons on the final encounter, needless to say i politely told them to use theur brains.

my experience from betas was that grouping with random people, for whatever reason slows me down and leaves me banging my head on the table when a paladin rolls on a cloth drop because it has stamina on

Do play on Stormscale? Saw an alliance named Fedaykin in Stranglethorn Vale last night on his mount .. And I recognized the name from DAoC ;)

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
havent had any problems with "muppets" as of yet on bloofhoof although it seems to be the official ex daoc server cbh Cf Nafianna axiom knights DA all there we got our own channel set up to chat and everythings hunky dory :p

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
Dont forget there are a hell of a lot more children in this game then there ever was in DAoC, and children in this day and age are amognst the most rude people ever. No one teaches manners any more.

Its not too late to invite someone, or join a group, after the named quest mob has been pulled and all get credit, tried it last night.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Escape said:
I don't think it's rude to insta-invite someone who's already pulled a quest mob. They accept the invite, you get credit. They decline, you don't spam /invite, just wait for repop and consider them arrogant, n00b, sexually deviant or whatever suits the situation.
So, you're saying that if I decline a /invite while I'm on a quest mob, when I have no idea where the person who invites me or who it is or even WHY he/she sends me an /invite without asking first, he/she is perfectly entitled to spam insults later and also to consider me arrogant, n00b and what else you mentioned?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't say they are entitled to spam you or whoever, infact I said don't spam invites, just wait for them to leave - and consider them socially inactive, reclusive, insecure... with a need to be arrogant online.

I'm talking about a situation where you've pulled a quest mob, are halfway through killing him and an invite pops up. Do you accept or not? the odds are 90% this person is close by and needs credit to...

I suppose you could whine if someone insta-invites you without teliing you about themselves, character background, ingame referrences... or if the tables are turned and you see the mob at 30%, so you invite the puller who ignores you, you can whine at him being elite etc etc

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Escape said:
I didn't say they are entitled to spam you or whoever, infact I said don't spam invites, just wait for them to leave - and consider them socially inactive, reclusive, insecure... with a need to be arrogant online.
I'm talking about a situation where you've pulled a quest mob, are halfway through killing him and an invite pops up. Do you accept or not? the odds are 90% this person is close by and needs credit to...
I didn't say you said to spam invites... I asked you if you thought it was OK for people to spam insults if I decline a party invitation in addition to thinking I'm arrogant etc.

I've said before, I don't need to know their life story, but I want to be asked. A simple "share quest?" doesn't take too long to type. If I ask someone and then invite them to group and they decline, I simply wait for the respawn. It's his/her choice. As it is my choice not to accept when I've not been asked. Usually I'm already grouped in these situations though, so people would have to ask...

No question beforehand, I decline and without reason (wherever I am). Have received insults on pm cause I declined an instant invitation while I was engineering in IronForge too. :wij:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Jayce said:
Dont forget there are a hell of a lot more children in this game then there ever was in DAoC, and children in this day and age are amognst the most rude people ever. No one teaches manners any more.

Its not too late to invite someone, or join a group, after the named quest mob has been pulled and all get credit, tried it last night.

ur just thinking of a "golden ere" when u were young and so what you did was ok while the older people thought u were "rude" and had no "manners" :) its usually 20-30 years prior to the current day (when you were probably a child/young, altho it could just b 4 years ago, in which case ur still young mate dont think ur all high and mighty coz uve hit 20 or wahtever). its quiet simple to understand really, its usually an effect of the mass media portraying the youth as trouble makers (any1 remember the mods and rockers insident? the hippys? policing the crisis? teddy bear boys or whatever?)

there is literally nothing wrong with the youth, im one of the youth, infact id say its the old people that r the problem trying to pass on there supiror values, especially viewing themselves as "better" than the young ones. so please dont snub me just because im young.

more on topic, i try to say hi, usually accept grp invites even if i dont need to just to help the other people, help kill mobs, i ask to join a group never just demand for a invite, id say im quiet curtious in game, dont roll on stuff i dont need etc etc. however i have seen alot of people demanding grps or whatever, but equally ive seen alot of polite people asking for help or asking if i need help etc etc, in fact id say its the majority in the game that are polite and a very small minority demanding assistance etc (any1 remember mr gimmly from daoc? he was polite when he needed something then bam he started with insults raging from "stupid paki" to "ur mothers a whore" (tho his spelling was MUCH poorer)). fortunatly i havent come across anything that bad in this game :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
There sure are some dopes playing the game. The people who roll on *anything* no matter if they can use it not are my bugbears. You also have the retards who are unable to understand the concept of a mob being sheeped or seduced by a sucubus, or even the ones who don't understand that when a demon is banished you can't hit it.

These examples were closely followed today by the dimwits I had the misfortune of grouping with who could not follow simple instructions on how to find a mob. Then when I went to find the elite mob and died to it they were unable to follow my instructions to rez my body. *moans*

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
There sure are some dopes playing the game. The people who roll on *anything* no matter if they can use it not are my bugbears.

was the same in daoc in the beginning, I have learned not to care too mutch about it unless its a realy good item now tho :p and tbh I do the same back if they get an item they can use/need I roll on it and if they ask me for it I make it an oportinity to learn them how to share the drops between them when grouping ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom