What has your village/town/city given to the world?

Marc

FH is my second home
Urgluf said:
Stella Artois xD

Your town comes second! Mey's town wins (if and when he posts)!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
Your forgetting that Essex gave the world Jade Goody lol

Lmao yeah forget her :eek6:

Not forgetting Chantelle either :D

Oh and the first ASBO in the country xD

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
chantelle is one ugly mother fucker

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
solur.jpg

should be the biggest in Europe but duno what it is called in english :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
this was taken from here: http://www.knowhere.co.uk/95_heroes.html

Buster Merrifield: In my opinion, an absolute legend! He is of course Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses. He died though. But he was really nice and I once sat on his lap! Duncan from Blue: He went to my school, I hate crappy pop and boybands but I'm sure some of you will love this fact. 'Oooh Duncan, You're a dreeeam!'
I do beleive the guitarist from the police was from bournemouth and the wonderful Alex Elkins, A general legend in his own right!
The commedian Hancock, of 'Hancock's half hour' fame was born in Bournemouth, I believe his parents were hotel proprietors.
Alan Davey of Hawkwind used to live in Palmerston Rd. Richard Carr
christian bale. soon to be new batman went to bournemouth boy's grammar school until he moved onto hollywood. Also starred in american psycho and empire of the sun.
Matthew Kelly can sometimes still be seen at the David Lloyd club in town.
harry rednap i have been to his house iam mates with his granson!!!!!!and jamie and loiuse and the guy from blue i have met!
Sir Isaac Gulliver, cool smuggler dude!
Harold Pinter Kevin Keegan (Canford Magna-close enough) Toni and Guy of Toni and Guy hairdressing fame stayed for a weekend in a bed and breakfast many many moons ago before they were rich and famous
Sir Richard Attenborough, he's local.
Most famous local in Bournemouth is Richard Carr, he's a prat, but he brought us: Tokos, Bliss, Slam, The Opera House, The Oyster Bar (Poole), Urban, Dicky Darr's and loads more fun night outs! As much as i hate to say it.....Thank You!
Max Bygraves!
Travel writer and humorist Bill Bryson worked as a sub-editor on the Bournemouth Evening Echo for a couple of years in the late 1970s. He mentions that period in his book Notes From A Small Island.
R L Stevenson wrote "Dr Jekyll And Mister Hyde" in Westbourne probably after visiting a few clubs. Burt Lancaster and David Niven made a film based in a Bournemouth hotel.
Dave Beckham has just bought a brand new quay-side apartment in poole quay!!!!
Max Bygraves!
Buster merryfeild used to live in poole..i always saw him in bmouth bless him!
Isn't one of the guys from Blue from Bournemouth?
Sara Morgan, Sara Cox's trusty assisstant on the Radio 1 breakfast show.
Apparently the old bearded guy with the two-stringed guitar that sings the one that goes: "Mmf, hey-brrrrwbr diddle-dey-hum, nnnnnyiggetty dah, hmmrf..." is dead. I'm trying to get one of those blue circular plaques mounted on the outside wall of Debenhams. I want it to read "Old bloke. Played Crap Songs Here."
David Beckham and Victoria Adams (Posh Spice) have just bought a home there, just round the corner to Jamie Rednapp and Louise.
Fanny the wonder-dog
Drummy Zebb from Aswad (Tosser)
Matthew Kelly (stars in their eyes) Tim Vincent (Clothes Show) Rick Adams (Big Breakfast) all went to Bournemouth Uni
Jamie Redknapp and Louise Nurding have a house in sandbanks
Jamie Rednapp Andy Summers J R R Tolkein R L Stevenson Radclyffe Hall Rupert Brooke Winston Churchill D H Lawrence P Verlaine
Alex from Blur
Geoff Boycott (me mum designed his kitchen) Jamie Redknapp's parents (she designed theirs too!)
I've seen the young band "Fungus"... they're OK
Max Bygraves, Darren Anderton.
What about the bands (Godhead,Poze,Sons of Geronimo....)? They all live in Boringmouth!

also sir percy shelly and mary shelly lived here, dr crippin aparantly lived here for a while and also detective frank abbaline the guy who worked on the jack the ripper case retired here.

Himse

FH is my second home
The Chav.
the name SARRRFFEEENNNDDD ¬_¬
the longest pleasure pier in the world =x

random morons also.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Himse said:
The Chav.
the name SARRRFFEEENNNDDD ¬_¬
the longest pleasure pier in the world =x

random morons also.

Orly?

Forgot birthplace of Himsem8r :<

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
My school (chatham house) gave the country a prime minister. He died not too long ago.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Birchington is known for its connection with the artist Dante Gabriel Rossetti, who is buried in the churchyard of All Saints church, and his sister, the poet Christina Rossetti. Quex Park, a local mansion house, houses the Powell Cotton Museum exhibiting exotic animal displays and porcelain. The owner of Quex Park in 1819, John Powell Powell, built the Waterloo Tower in the grounds to house twelve bells, which are still rung today.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
i used to live near Harlow essex and that gave the world

JADE Goody !
Ace from gladiators
Glenn Hoddle is from 'Arlo, it also has loads of Chinese people due to them arriving in the country, find a cab and saying 'arlo taxi dwiver'
Jordan (Katie Price)
Posh and Becks's Beckingham Palace is in Harlow
Michael Barrimore

then i thought maybe it wasnt classy enough for me so i moved to romford !

and that gave the world !

Bucks Fizz
Steve Davis
Frank Bruno
Jo from S Club 7
Jimmy Greaves
Noel Edmonds
Tiffany out of Eastenders
FIVE STAR!!!!!!

i was born in Chelmsford but dont wanna talk about that shithole of a place, its filled with B-List celebs ! soz vlad but :kissit:

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Assen gives the Dutch TT :> , pretty often some World Championships atletics (under 21 inc, paralympics too), we got a lighter fabric (Swedish Match!! =p), the gas stuff HQ is there,

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Dominic Monaghan attended my college about the same time I did. I confess I don't remember him but one of my friends swears she does.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
Most UFO sightings in England

Come on Warminster!!!!!!

Wiltshire is the best county :>

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
newcastle upon tyne:

what could compete with newcastle, the land that gave us jimmy nail, the only man that could give jackie chan a run for his money in the hideously broken nose category.

newcastle brown ale.

geordies: fat lasses freezing in tight dresses in winter an daft blokes wearing jumpers in summer. everyone should own a geordie. they are in fashion nowadays (see popularity of ant an dec).

tris-

geordies mainly suck.

everyone classes us as geordies. ye sure, thats why we live in another city altogether thats 40 miles south :/

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Northampton

James Sharp - Gas cooker
Alan Moore is from northampton (2000AD fame)
The battle of Naseby was fought in northamptonshire, one of the most important points in british and probably world history.

shame they brew that toilet cleaner called Carlsberg there :(

tris-

carlsberg. rofl.

thats just canned dog sweat from around the bollocks isnt it?

In my town was born the legend....

...me! :D

Jealous?!

And i think some people are just ashamed they aren't Geordies here tbh :/

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
tris- said:
carlsberg. rofl.

thats just canned dog sweat from around the bollocks isnt it?
yeah you can see men in green overalls rounding up the strays every night at around closing.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Time.

(I live in Greenwich)

Not sure about all the random crap most of you have posted, probably loads of that too though :p

tris-

capt cook is not random crap fyi.

australia ftw

Cozak

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
geordies mainly suck.

everyone classes us as geordies. ye sure, thats why we live in another city altogether thats 40 miles south :/

oi! Geordies are mint.. such stereotyping with the fat lass comment as well :p

tris-

well u maybe mint. but it doesnt mean boro people are geordies either

a) 40 mile south
b) different city
c) no accent at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom