What Happends when camlann dies?

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
we should push for that option then.. is their a pvp server TL ?? can he forward this request for us ??

Caledwyn

Fledgling Freddie
well I guess they will find a solution without annoying the full time camlann players. They can't afford to loose their subscriptions.
personally I would leave daoc when camlann dies, even if they copy chars.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
hopefully if they allow /charcopy the server wont come to that with any luck

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
If they decide to let you copy, it'll be a nude copy - perhaps with cash. You will certainly lose your items.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
if Camlann was allowed as a forth realm on TOA cluster (portal to central RvR island) it would solve a lot of issues on PvP server and bring fun back to it.

PvP was the best server for 8v8 by far

Also people from RvR servers are allowed to roll on every realm they want if they make characters there.

To bad people why tried who tried Camlann as a /level 20, alone and didn't leave the PvP heavy area's are chanting that people from Camlann are retards. Irony is that the people that chain ganked them where problably from regular RvR servers as well

If GOA decides to shut down Camlann i can only hope for a character transfer to a server of choice with compensation for the "off realm" items

Hope they warn in advance so i load my mid and hib chars with Morai stuff :p

Yeahimback

Banned
Camlann retards / toa / gank guilds / buffbots / cata classes killed cam, most of you killed your own server 5 ppl running around fully toaed and buff jumping solo level 35s-50 or even un toaed groups. Apart from the amount of gold you lose it just isn’t fun and unless you’re in a great guild pre toa easymode you couldn't get toaed or do anything there weren’t even exp groups to join. You killed your own server you live with it. GoA won't do anything when us classic launched there was about 30-100 people on mordred prime time like 2 ppl in aegir and goth.

And how could it be great 8v8? It’s purely the best setup or temps or who got the chance to get mls, there is no skill involved with running arms / hib lwers with red celertity or having fop or nice temps etc lol.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Yeahimback said:
Camlann retards / toa / gank guilds / buffbots / cata classes killed cam, most of you killed your own server 5 ppl running around fully toaed and buff jumping solo level 35s-50 or even un toaed groups. Apart from the amount of gold you lose it just isn’t fun and unless you’re in a great guild pre toa easymode you couldn't get toaed or do anything there weren’t even exp groups to join. You killed your own server you live with it. GoA won't do anything when us classic launched there was about 30-100 people on mordred prime time like 2 ppl in aegir and goth.

And how could it be great 8v8? It’s purely the best setup or temps or who got the chance to get mls, there is no skill involved with running arms / hib lwers with red celertity or having fop or nice temps etc lol.

did u die in a pvp zone?

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Logged on once, did /level on my Savage at Fort Atla then got chain-ganked outside the entrance by three purple-con players until I had 0 con, then logged off.

I don't know if it's representative of the server as a whole, but it's my only experience of it and I guess many other people's too. It's all very well saying "it's not really like that" and "get away from PvP-heavy zones and it'll be fine" but it doesn't help a lot of players.

I'd still like to level a 50 on Camlaan, but knowing I won't get a guild, won't get groups and will be grey-ganked on sight unless I go and level at the ends of the earth makes it so unappealing.

Sure the PvP community could do something about this if they really wanted more players on the server (and therefore less chance of it dying).

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
Logged on once, did /level on my Savage at Fort Atla then got chain-ganked outside the entrance by three purple-con players until I had 0 con, then logged off.

I don't know if it's representative of the server as a whole, but it's my only experience of it and I guess many other people's too.

Every time someone posts this Camlann players keep saying "It's not fair to judge us and our server on the 5 minutes some players ganked you ... you didn't have the persistance to go on."

Well here is a newsflash for you my dear Camlanners. What Killswitch describes happened to me in much the same way. I made it to 35 on two different characters and both characters basicly got written off cause I lost all the money (and con) I made so far in one afternoon/evening of playing because I got permaganked by fully toa'd level 50's. The same happened to dozens of my friends ... I read it from another dozen at least if not more on this very forum...

If that is the avarage to take ... there must be hundreds of people who would have been way more active on Camlann if the community there wasn't so goddamn harsh on newbies...

Camlann players killed Camlann.

Anyway to get back on topic: I think people are disillusional if they think there is ever going to be a charcopy from a PvP server to a "normal" server. There is to much complications, it's to much hassle, to much risk and frankly it is simply not worth it.

Servers die. Complete mmo's die. It happened before and the players didn't get any form of compensation... their characters just stopped exsisting.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
the player copy from Andred to Mordred was because they were both pvp servers, its the same as if say prydwen shut down tommorow im sure goa would char copy the prydwen accounts to excalibur.

To cluster modred to say the existing server so that you could switch between pvp mode and pve mode sort of what they did to Ultima online. HOWEVER the problem comes when it gets down to crossrealming you got to remember you can talk to anyone across any realm while on the pvp zone. What is stopping you from running a pve ml style rush using chars from pryd/excal cluster but doing it in the camlaan environment you would have all hard core pvpers whine because a 10fg zerg just left to complete mls on all three realms.

All that you will see when camlaan dies is goa stating that the server hasnt had anyone active on it for 6 months and so they have decided to close it down. There wont be a char copy there wont be compensation.

The issues with uncontrolled PVP has and always will be greifers. it has killed more pvp centred mmorpgs than any other thing.

Caledwyn

Fledgling Freddie
who said that u don't have to do pve on pvp server? ofc u loose all your money without golm and allowing everybody to chain you.

and first of all : camlann isnt dead yet, population on whole daoc has decreased too.

what nonesense are u meaning with things like "camlann players killed camlann"? ye ye u really think u would behave better if u play there? Even if u can't imagine it and it doesn't look like that from outside, camlann is a nice and friendly server. There are people u hate and people u like, the difference is just that on rvr u cannot talk to your enemies and won't show ur disslike to members of your realm in that way.

and who said that camlann is a easy-mode server? even tho its not that harsh like u discrived, its a bit more challenge ye but not impossible at all

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
i started Camlann when new frontiers arived.
I went there alone (admitted i had 2 accounts) and ended with 300 plat, 14 level 50s of which 4 ML10. Life on Camlann is all about guilds. Without a guild life is harsh

But don't give me bullshit that pve on Camlann is hard and it is impossible to level to 50 or get ToA. (sight necro, mana mentalist, buff cleric, verdant animist anyone?)

If you can't get 50 / decent equipped on Camlann you are either unfamiliair with the game or lack the social skills to get some ingame friends or likeminded people. (translated: a noob or retarded)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom