What Happends when camlann dies?

Xiane

Fledgling Freddie
I use to play there about 1 year ago untill it start to get boring as the population started getting lower and lower each year.

What i want to know is what will happen to camlann?

Will they cluster?
Delete the server and char's?
or let us move our char's onto a RvR server?

Thanks in Advance.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Well, hopefully they'll move the chars to a server of our choise.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Overdriven said:
Well, hopefully they'll move the chars to a server of our choise.

Would be nice but probably will never happen.
Could finally have access to all 3 realms without a 2nd account then ;)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I always liked the idea of a PvP server but struggled to get going on there and getting into a guild in the midst of the server pop dropping - but thats for another thread which has already been done. I think someone suggested getting rid of TOA and Cata's etc and just going back to basics on there - that would prob bring a few people over to check it out but if it just keeps to a standard as per the other more populated servers and doesnt offer anything different other than PvP in PvE zones (albeit something that I really liked but doesnt seem to be enough to drag people to the server on that alone anymore) then it will just keep dropping in pop and who knows what will happen - maybe a char x-fer might be an offer they will make just to be able to close the server and save on maintenance etc.

Maybe they will be evul and just close it next Wednesday with no warning and delete all the toons on there.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Rather have they improved the PvP server, then to kill it, leaving only RvR servers. There's lots of room for improvement.

But, with char copy.. you're colliding with another wall. Say, if you got a hib toon which you want to be moved.. but on cluster you are active on mid & alb. Then what? :eek:

Another thing, it was easier to get RR's on pvp then it's on RvR. Wouldn't really fair either. So, char moving won't be done i think.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Tualatin said:
Rather have they improved the PvP server, then to kill it, leaving only RvR servers. There's lots of room for improvement.

But, with char copy.. you're colliding with another wall. Say, if you got a hib toon which you want to be moved.. but on cluster you are active on mid & alb. Then what? :eek:

Another thing, it was easier to get RR's on pvp then it's on RvR. Wouldn't really fair either. So, char moving won't be done i think.

put it on a german or french server or even a classic if they strip ur artie's

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if everyone left... noone would care it was gone. Right? :)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Tual makes a couple of good points there about Realm issues and also RP issues that could create some probs tbh... hadnt thought of those !

Maybe they would look to try n revamp it but I think with another expansion on the way, numbers not as high as they used to be due to WoW etc - prob unlikely they will get around to doing anything with it, at least for some time anyways :(

Shame tho as I think if I ever leave DAOC for another mmorpg I would go straight down the PvP type server route in future - harder but more fun in some respects.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
if we got char copy the rvr servers would be more populated and maybe some of the people who left would come back too.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:
Imo camlann players killed camlann.

could we refrain from turning this thread into yet another "i died in gothwaite so camlann players are all fuckheads" thread, please? :(

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
enkor said:
could we refrain from turning this thread into yet another "i died in gothwaite so camlann players are all fuckheads" thread, please? :(

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to enkor again.

soooo true

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
enkor said:

tbh most are :(

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
I hope they just switch it off and use the machine/licence for another normal server... make it a standalone for the first 2 months ... warn EVERYBODY SEVERAL TIMES. that it's going to be clustered with Pryd and excal and then cluster it...

Would give a lot of people a chance to roll on their oh so wanted 3rd realm. And it would give people who came after the clustering a chance to roll their second realm.

And Pryd/excal/3rd server would be a roxing cluster ... 3 toa's, 3 dragons... never find another arti or mob down again \o/

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Pirkel said:
And Pryd/excal/3rd server would be a roxing cluster ... 3 toa's, 3 dragons... never find another arti or mob down again \o/

Just another server that I could run to meet people on and realise its the wrong one tbh.... don't confuse me any more ffs!!!

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
Pirkel said:
I hope they just switch it off and use the machine/licence for another normal server... make it a standalone for the first 2 months ... warn EVERYBODY SEVERAL TIMES. that it's going to be clustered with Pryd and excal and then cluster it...

Would give a lot of people a chance to roll on their oh so wanted 3rd realm. And it would give people who came after the clustering a chance to roll their second realm.

access to 3 realms would be nice

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Transfer, are you out of your mind? Need to put all of it in quarantine, or it´ll spread like the plague on our already crippled cluster.

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Your all forgetting. Camlann characters have items from all 3 realms = they are more stronger than some normal RvR characters

Silient

Loyal Freddie
Or if they do make a new server. the Characters on Camlann return back to their normal realms ( all items that belonged to another Realm, are taken away ( compensated in Plats ) )

Also. Why dont we get Char Copy ? how come the yanks do :/

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
If a character transfer opened from camlann to any server the game would last longer and be cheaper to run !

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
personally folks, if our server gets that close to dying i would rarther let anyone /charcopy to our server with all their equipment in tact, but to rp's (you'll have to earn those against us PVP people) we dont want you lot who farmed all your rp's in NF zergs bringin your ra's to our server ty v much.

but a /charcopy with all equipment and no rp's would be much better than letting the server die.. and if it really really came down to it.. just plain old /charcopy would be better than loosing my char's on the only server i play..

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
its not fun with less than 200 prime time and 50% of them PVEing and 25% Grey cons

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
to be honest you will probbly find that the subscriptions that we all pay no matter which server or type of server fund the camlaan server. So it could probbly go down to 3 people and it would still run. HOWEVER i suspect that it would be the first to close down if subscriptions fell off.

i dont think that goa would char copy characters across from camlaan to the cluster or classic. if you only payed for the camlaan server and not the others then i would say "yes that would be fair" however just because you choose not to play on the cluster servers doesnt mean you cant. Likewise we may not want to play on camlaan but doesnt mean we arnt allowed.

Goa would probbly say "sorry folks but you will have to reroll your own characters on the cluster" .

And that would be down to

1. How many people have a char on the camlaan servers that they must want to keep (there are more than you think)
2. How many old time players who find out that camlaan is closing down would then want to move all their chars to a cluster/classic server just so they dont loose them.
3. How many camlaan chars share names with existing characters
4. What kind of hell on earth will happen if goa move your characters but in the move you loose all your equipment plats rps ?

There is just so many things that could go wrong with a character transfer that it just wouldnt be realistic to expect goa to transfer characters to not only the english clusters but to the french german italian and spanish servers as well.

Face it guys start rolling a replacment char on a cluster come back to the light :p if camlaan does go under at least you can swap over.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
you could still allow /charcopy to the pvp server.. i dont think any of us on their would really mind that, will give us more to kill, not if its either that.. or have nobody to kill

hell i would even vote for /level 50 if it came down to it.. i was just talkin to my cousin who says if he could do /level 50 on pvp he might go get epics and at least give it a go...

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
US servers they char copyed from Andree To Mordred so it can be done

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom