Games What games?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Or you could just stop being self righteous pricks about whatever platform you play games on and just, you know, enjoy whichever is your favourite.

don't see why it always turns into such an e-peen contest tbh, I own both and prefer different types of games on each.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
don't see why it always turns into such an e-peen contest tbh
'cause someone always has a sense of humour failure.

There was nothing not-jockular going on in this thread until that happened.

In other news - looking at this thread it seems that there are hardly any games worth playing with a controller when a mouse and keyboard are available. WHERE'S MY RECOMMENDATIONS! :eek:

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
FIFA,

apparently in the new one if you lose, you can bribe the officials

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, 2 was my absolute favourite.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Except it isn't because sales are up :)

Console gaming is fine if you want a light version of gaming and don't mind 720/30fps but if you want cheaper, modable games at 1080/60fps (and 4k soon) then PC is your only option.

What with VR on the horizon there is even less reason to get a console. Morpheus won't be up to the task, the console hardware just isn't good enough.

Sales are up? So they sold 3 games this year as opposed to 2 last year? :)

Also not sure where you get the idea consoles are limited to 720p. Well, one of them is, the other manages 1080p and 60 fps just fine. He'll even some games on the previous generation managed that.

However, if you want to see the main reason I'm glad to be out of PC games, just read Scouses post after yours. Illustrates my point pretty much perfectly.

Interesting terminology for such a normally right on character mind. Guess we should do as he says not as he does.

As per fucking usual.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
It's the butthurt console owners who can't accept the second-rate nature of their platform with good grace that are insufferable arseholes - and because of that it's rather nice to point their deficiencies out to them on a semi-regular basis :)

Most people simply don't give a fuck.

Bodhi

Nice post deletion Raven :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
However, if you want to see the main reason I'm glad to be out of PC games, just read Scouses post after yours. Illustrates my point pretty much perfectly.
Actually - that post was a direct response to you being a humourless twat :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Except it isn't because sales are up :)

Console gaming is fine if you want a light version of gaming and don't mind 720/30fps but if you want cheaper, modable games at 1080/60fps (and 4k soon) then PC is your only option.

What with VR on the horizon there is even less reason to get a console. Morpheus won't be up to the task, the console hardware just isn't good enough.
Some ps4 games are 1080/60

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm playing through Dirt 3 again. It's 4 years old but still looks fantastic and it plays like a dream on my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. The rally stages are great and if you get the Complete Edition you get the DLC packs and everything - the Monaco rally stages in particular are brilliant (narrow roads and hairpins galore). You will either love or hate the Gymkhana stuff. once you get the hang of all the disciplines it's easy to rack up big scores (big enough scores to win the event and move on, anyway). Most of the other modes feel like padding tbh, although the rallycross races and trailblazer are decent.

I'm quite tempted by the early access of Dirt Rally tbh but I would rather wait until it's retail. I do like the idea of a straight up rally sim, just like the good old days when the games still had "Colin McRae" in the title.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah, I'm tempted with Dirt Rally when it comes out. Could be a nice blast. Especially if you can time trial against your mates.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Some ps4 games are 1080/60
@Raven i have a gaming desktop, laptop and a ps3 and ps4 and the only reason i can see for the snobbery is justification for spending a lot of money.

Yes i spent 1200 on a laptop and it played gta nice. Would i say it was 800 quid better than a console. Nope.

Its like spending shed loads on speakers for audiophiles. For the majority the expense wont be worth the outlay

I do because i have spare cash. But the game play beats the gfx hands down. Always has. And always will.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, I'm tempted with Dirt Rally when it comes out. Could be a nice blast. Especially if you can time trial against your mates.
I dont got mates and prefer solo games. So they live and die on that for me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
@Raven i have a gaming desktop, laptop and a ps3 and ps4 and the only reason i can see for the snobbery is justification for spending a lot of money.

Yes i spent 1200 on a laptop and it played gta nice. Would i say it was 800 quid better than a console. Nope.

Its like spending shed loads on speakers for audiophiles. For the majority the expense wont be worth the outlay

I do because i have spare cash. But the game play beats the gfx hands down. Always has. And always will.

Like I said, the argument is pointless and boring. PCs are superior in every way, that is factually correct.

Its like trying to argue a golf is as good as a porsche, it just isn't. Its not even snobbery, its just a fact of life.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

But if you can have the graphics and the gameplay (and, with a lot of games, BETTER gameplay with a kb and mouse and no aim-assist bullshit) then why not? I don't understand this about people who vote for consoles. By all means enjoy playing whatever you want but don't then try and say that they are better than gaming on a PC. Why cripple yourself with an inferior system and then try to justify it?

I can think of very few advantages with consoles. Accessibility is one and low price point I guess (even though the games are expensive compared to the same titles on PC), although you can put together a PC spec'd similarly to a PS4 for about the same money as a PS4 (actually spec'd better than a PS4, looking into it) - obviously discounting the cost of a screen because you don't get a TV in the box with a console. In all other metrics, the PC comes out on top. It's indisputable.

Bodhi

Like I said, the argument is pointless and boring. PCs are superior in every way, that is factually correct.

Its like trying to argue a golf is as good as a porsche, it just isn't. Its not even snobbery, its just a fact of life.

If the argument is pointless and boring, why on Earth are you continuing it then? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Settings to switch to maximum, you mean? ;)

There seems to be manual updates and patches every time you turn on a console these days.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I thought all PC game just default to awesome nowadays? The game knows you have an i7, 16gb ram, an SSD and a titan.

And a mouse and keyboard seem to just configure themselves! :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The Gymkhana stuff is the most AIDS riddled shit in any game ever, it has no place in a Dirt game. I'm happy they're dumping it, and when Dirt Rally's released in full, it'll no doubt be the first racing game I've ever bought on PC.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
OpenTTD is the one true game. I could play that until I pass out from lack of sleep tbh!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bloody hell Dirt Rally is difficult. It's a completely different kettle of fish to recent Dirt releases, I couldn't even go in a straight line on my first go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom