Games What games?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, I've bought myself an xbone controller.

I didn't really need one. I don't own a console and I mainly play FPS's or pointy-clicky things anyway - but I used to like pro-evo so I thought I'd have a go at that again and it does mean that fighty and/or drivey games are now open to me.

I got Dirt: Showdown for free with my graphics card a few years back but it doesn't look lolz roffles.

So, suggestions? What should I be looking at getting? :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure what you're basing your very thorough review of Dirt on but I can confirm it's great fun, especially with a controller. Some of the disciplines make me mad but on the whole it's a great game (and Dirt Rally will be out soon - it's been released as early access but bollocks if I'm paying for an unfinished game - too, which is looking superb and "back to the roots" as far as Codies driving games go). GRID 2 is another one where I'd prefer a controller over a wheel (I don't have a wheel which might have affected that preference).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What about fighty games? Any good ones of them?

To be fair, now I've got a controller, it looks like I'm after the very low-rent end of the market, gameplay-wise ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Witcher 3 works with xbox 360 controller!
I know - but I'd rather cut my own hands off and have a real disability than play games like scummy console owners do.

Heil PC master race. ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Street fighter i guess or mortal combat x that just came out. Not many beat em ups around afaik

leggy

Probably Scottish
Batman Games. Much better with a controller. Or assassins creed black flag.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
At first i was like "oh xbox games, what the hell Scouse?" then i re-read it :D

Some games like super meatboy(or other platformers), binding of isaac maybe? Final fantasy remakes. Top of my head that come to mind that would be better with a controller.

I'd check out total biscuits channel for fighting games, might find some good suggestions. His channel is good in any case to see what and whatnot as he gives the facts(alongside his opinion which oyu can ignore then :p).

Oh yeah and lego games are supposed to be indeed fun.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I know - but I'd rather cut my own hands off and have a real disability than play games like scummy console owners do.

Heil PC master race. ;)

Fine. Well, any Street Fighter game is worth it tbh.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Codemasters can get fucked giving us console scrubs utter arsegames like Dirt 3/Dirt Showdown and keeping sweet honey looking nectar games like Dirt Rally for the elitist PC pricks.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hah, I didn't realise Dirt Rally was PC only. Makes it even better!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Don't the Dark Souls games play better on a controller even on the PC?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Why is that a facepalm? Quick Google suggests a lot of people are asking the same question.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not answering your question, but I don't actually see the point in this to be honest. If I buy a console it's because I want to play in my living room, not at a desk.

I see a massive benefit to being able to stream in the opposite direction but MS have only hinted at that option.

Dunno, could see it having a benefit in a not-monopolising-the-telly way.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have my PS3 at my PC desk. If I ever buy another console (haha) that will probably be where it goes too.

Gaming shouldn't be done from the other side of the room, especially at wanky 720, 30fps.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sooo, when Windows 10 comes out, there will be the ability to stream xbone games to the PC. Question? Does that mean I could play an xbone game using a mouse and kb? Or would I still have to use the controller?

Might be possible. Some modders apprently have done so(with their modding magic), so it's not a technical issue. Different story if microsoft will support it, or if you need some trickery to get it working.

So possible, but unsure.

Ofcourse there might be a need for developers of games to have mkb support in the game, 'cause "only on xbox" games might be a f*ckfest to play. Well, take dark souls for example :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
Dunno, could see it having a benefit in a not-monopolising-the-telly way.
Ah yes of course, thanks :)

I was forgetting that sometimes a house is inhabited by more than one person ...............:(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sooo, when Windows 10 comes out, there will be the ability to stream xbone games to the PC. Question? Does that mean I could play an xbone game using a mouse and kb? Or would I still have to use the controller?

I'd be surprised if they let it happen. I think the processing will be done natively on the xbone.

The few times they've let mouse and keyboarders rape game players with disabilities in their own games it's been an utter disaster as far as I'm aware. Console FPS'ers are a bunch of CoD ragequitters anyway - imagine what it'd be like for them when n00b-mc-n00berson royally shafts them because he's logged onto his PC to play :)

If I buy a console it's because I want to play in my living room, not at a desk.

My PC is in my living room. If I had a console in the house it would be because I'd have been unfairly and unjustly struck by the only-accidentally-fucking-gone-and-had-a-kid stick - and the little blighter would have one in his bedroom*

*If I let the cunt :eek:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I find it disturbing how I'm agreeing with Scouse more and more recently.

:cautious:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I think this thread just shows why I haven't looked back since jumping ship to consoles 10+ years ago. Ignoring the expense of keeping the hardware up to date, and the utter faff in getting things to work properly, some PC Gamers really can be insufferable arseholes. No wonder the PC Gaming market is dying on its arse.......

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Except it isn't because sales are up :)

Console gaming is fine if you want a light version of gaming and don't mind 720/30fps but if you want cheaper, modable games at 1080/60fps (and 4k soon) then PC is your only option.

What with VR on the horizon there is even less reason to get a console. Morpheus won't be up to the task, the console hardware just isn't good enough.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think this thread just shows why I haven't looked back since jumping ship to consoles 10+ years ago. Ignoring the expense of keeping the hardware up to date, and the utter faff in getting things to work properly, some PC Gamers really can be insufferable arseholes. No wonder the PC Gaming market is dying on its arse.......

I never have any trouble getting things to work, I haven't upgraded in years because consoles are so antiquated they're holding graphics back, and the PC gaming market is absolutely thriving - with a much wider selection of games and experiences than on the consoles - mostly at a much cheaper price to boot.

It's the butthurt console owners who can't accept the second-rate nature of their platform with good grace that are insufferable arseholes - and because of that it's rather nice to point their deficiencies out to them on a semi-regular basis :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom