What games should I get for my 360?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
So I've got a 360 now, and it's pretty good (apart from it sounding a bit like a hoover!). Throughly enjoying guitar hero (but then I also did on my PS2), but need to expand my collection a bit. I'll probably trade in the other games I got bundled with it (GoW, Crackdown and PGR3), as I don't like FPS's on consoles (can't play them with the controller), Crackdown just feels like a rip-off of GTA without all the elements that make it fun (mainly the humor and soundtrack) and PGR3 isn't my type of driving game (I'll wait for Burnout 5, as I have revenge for my xbox already). I'm also not into tekken/sf style beat-em ups, sports games or anything that will play better on my PC.

So games I'm thinking of getting are currently:

Chromehounds (but as it's mainly multiplayer are people still playing it?)
Viva Pinata
Mass Effect (as soon as it comes out)
Dead Rising (maybe)

Any other suggestions?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Dead Rising is decent for a while. The unbelievably shit NPCs do get on your wick after a while though.

Oblivion (17.99 on Amazon if you don't already have it)

Viva Pinata is a bit camp but I suppose it's fun if you like Animal Crossing and those types of games.

Those are the only only games apart from GoW, GRAW and Rainbow Six that I play. And I don't actually own Viva.

I'm waiting until may/june as there are shit load of good releases then. Mass Effect, Alan Wake (I think). Assassins Creed has been delayed which is a shame. The E3 demo was spectacular.

Aada

Part of the furniture
So I've got a 360 now, and it's pretty good (apart from it sounding a bit like a hoover!). Throughly enjoying guitar hero (but then I also did on my PS2), but need to expand my collection a bit. I'll probably trade in the other games I got bundled with it (GoW, Crackdown and PGR3), as I don't like FPS's on consoles (can't play them with the controller), Crackdown just feels like a rip-off of GTA without all the elements that make it fun (mainly the humor and soundtrack) and PGR3 isn't my type of driving game (I'll wait for Burnout 5, as I have revenge for my xbox already). I'm also not into tekken/sf style beat-em ups, sports games or anything that will play better on my PC.

So games I'm thinking of getting are currently:

Chromehounds (but as it's mainly multiplayer are people still playing it?)
Viva Pinata
Mass Effect (as soon as it comes out)
Dead Rising (maybe)

Any other suggestions?

Saints Row, Viva Pinata

Get used to the controls and FPS games become second nature fight the controls and miss out on some great games GRAW/GRAW2 are must haves.

Chromehounds is ok but it gets annoying as too many tards with 512kb connections think they can host 8 player matches and when you get in the game 2 mins later the connection stops and its back to searching for a game.

Enchanted Arms is pretty decent.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a great game even more so now you can play as new characters such as the Hulk/Magneto and a few others.

TDU is fun if you like a racer.

I could go on really, but get used to the controls.

Crackdown and Gears are good choices, but overhyped to the tits. Test Drive Unlimited is a really good game aswell, only racing game I've really fallen in love with.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the suggestions.

Already have oblivion for my pc, although I've played the xbox version, and I have to say the pc version is better! Assassin's creed I may get (as I like the hitman games), Alan Wake is delayed until september or later, and will be better on the PC (same with bioshock).

For FPS's, I'd really rather play them on a PC, using console controllers is well, crap compared to a keyboard/mouse!

May look into Saint's row, although I've heard it's a bit of a poor man's GTA. Marvel UA interests me, but I've been playing the justice league one on my xbox recently, so I don't know if it's worth it.

As for driving games, they need to be more arcadey, realistic one's bore me, that's why I prefer one's like burnout.

As for enchanted arms, not a huge fan of japanese style rpg's, and if I need a fix I may pick up FF12 for my ps2, as I'm told it's pretty good.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Get DoA, Dead Rising and GoW.

And for gods sake, keep playing crackdown. It's one of my favorite games. GTA was the first sandbox game, but saying every other game is a rip-off of it, is like calling every FPS game a rip-off of Wolfenstein.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Get DoA, Dead Rising and GoW.

And for gods sake, keep playing crackdown. It's one of my favorite games. GTA was the first sandbox game, but saying every other game is a rip-off of it, is like calling every FPS game a rip-off of Wolfenstein.

Exactly.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thanks for the suggestions.

Already have oblivion for my pc, although I've played the xbox version, and I have to say the pc version is better! Assassin's creed I may get (as I like the hitman games), Alan Wake is delayed until september or later, and will be better on the PC (same with bioshock).

For FPS's, I'd really rather play them on a PC, using console controllers is well, crap compared to a keyboard/mouse!

May look into Saint's row, although I've heard it's a bit of a poor man's GTA. Marvel UA interests me, but I've been playing the justice league one on my xbox recently, so I don't know if it's worth it.

As for driving games, they need to be more arcadey, realistic one's bore me, that's why I prefer one's like burnout.

As for enchanted arms, not a huge fan of japanese style rpg's, and if I need a fix I may pick up FF12 for my ps2, as I'm told it's pretty good.

Don't compare everything to GTA because you'll ruin good games in their own right because of it.

Saints Row is a great game and the only reason it didn't score a high score is because of GTA it does everything GTA does only with better graphics.

Isn't FF jap based? lol :p

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Everyone will disagree with me on this, but i reckon you should Tiger woods PGA Tour 07.

Its the only game i keep going back to.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Brian Lara International Cricket 2007.

Youknowsit!

I can't play FPS games on a console anymore...gutted.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I got a new 360 about a month or so ago and it came with Crackdown and GoW (had one at release but sold it due to wanting cash for a new bike).

GoW was the main game I was wanting to play...I thought I would put Crackdown on "for 5 mins, then pop on GOW". Heh, was on Crackdown solid for a week, didn't touch GOW only to see if the disc worked ok. It IS a lot of fun, and it's not like GTA at all, daft as it might sound it actually felt like Spiderman with guns as I could jump so high and go rooftop jumping.

It won't last forever though, imho you could complete all the missions and unlock tons of achievements in a week or so - why not try it more then trade it on?

GOW is quite fun, you will get purists telling you its NOT a FPS :p Even the mrs who hates shooters likes it. Again I would try it, it only takes 8 hours or so to finish on casual anyways, so if you aren't bothered about going Live with it you could soon polish the sp game off.

Guitar Hero 2 = godlike, good man buying it ;)

I have Oblivion myself, despite finishing about 50% of the PC version. The game was buggy as fuck of me on the PC and would cause my comp to reset often so I got shut. Loving it on the 360, and Shivering Isles is worth a punt.

I'd echo previous posters with Viva Pinata and again, GRAW2 is a very good game, my non FPS loving mates have got into it.

You can pick up Condemned for 12 quid in CEX, quite fun SP game, bit of CSI survival type horror larkery.

Shop around, quite a few older games worth a punt at 15-20 quid now. For example the mrs wants Kameo, one of the launch titles - she spotted it for eight quid!

Personally I thought Saints Row was utter pigwank but each to their own.

What's your XBL tag btw?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Saints Row IS pigwank.

I might get Crackdown now after hearing these nice reports.

*Checks teh webternet. *

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
You're always on GOW! 24/7! like a maccchhhhinnnneeee.

Nah I fear joining you in a game as I am totally CRAP at it online, must have got about all of erm 2 kills. The mass of annoying squeaky yanks gets on my nerves too.

If you get Crackdown give us a buzz, I will play some co-op never tried it. Am keeping hold of it for now til the Halo 3 beta :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Crackdown Co-op is a Blast. Me n Chet been knocking off the bastards left right & centre (till he got ring of death). Game in general is much more fun when you get into the 4* level shit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So I've got a 360 now, and it's pretty good (apart from it sounding a bit like a hoover!). Throughly enjoying guitar hero (but then I also did on my PS2), but need to expand my collection a bit. I'll probably trade in the other games I got bundled with it (GoW, Crackdown and PGR3)

You git it from woolies didn't ya? :)

Crackdown is great fun for a while as everyone has already said, really good fun co-op.

Gears of war is a great (but short) SP game, but great on MP and you will come back to it. It took me a while to get used to the controls, but they do feel like second nature once you do.

Can't really argue with your planned purchases, except for chromehounds. Great thing about the 360 is most games have demos on marketplace so you can see if you will like them or not.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Chromehounds. Get it. Play with meeee! I dont play purely because you need a clan to get the most out of it. But I'd be happy to start again if someone i vaguely knew would :p Its cheap too.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Tried crackdown a bit more, it's fairly fun pretending to be a superhero and all, but how do I stop all the plebs from constantly interrupting me and wanting to join my game?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Go into the menu, go left one (I can't remember what it's called), it's in with the live stuff. I have mine set to "Friends only" which stops all that bollocks.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Dont forget you can play most original xbox-games on the 360 as well :) Plenty of nice games to be had cheaply in that category.

Poag

m00?
Dont forget you can play most original xbox-games on the 360 as well :) Plenty of nice games to be had cheaply in that category.

But they dont always like HDLCDs as i found with HALO 2 :(

Plays on my CRT monitor, but not on my LCD...sad :(

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I'm still playing my way through Just Cause, even though it can get repetitive I love taking over the areas for the rebels.

I know I will get flak for this but Dynasty Warriors: Empires is good nothing like killing hundreds of men in a bid to take over China, especially on the higher difficulties.

Fight Night Round 3 is good, had the demo for ages and still play every now and then should buy the full game really.

Just waiting for Spiderman 3 to come out next month which is looking very good.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, personally I liked Saint's Row alot, I think people are comparing it to GTA and it comes up a little short in some areas. The thing is that the game excels at other things that GTA doesn't do and it looks a shitload nicer than GTA as well. Each to thier own I guess.

Give Crackdown a proper try, it has alot going for it and the online co-op kicks arse. I really hope those rumours of a patch adding online 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 come to fruition, a 4 way co-op would kick arse as well.

Oh before I forget, Just Cause is a very underrated game. Yes it is basic and the graphics aren't stunning but it is a good blaster with a ton of missions and hidden stuff to find. At £15 you really can't go wrong but download the demo and see for yourself.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
If you like old school side scrollers with a Metroid twist you can't go rong with Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Think its 800 ms points.

lovedaddy

Fledgling Freddie
First off, don't own an X360, just borrowed one from work for a few days...

GoW - very very disappointing - the main reason I borrowed it. Short, glitchy, predictable. The hand to hand stuff didn't work as well as say Res Evil 4 - and the boss battles were dull. 6 hours doesn't cut it when Res 4, which plays similar is vastly superior and lasts a good 16+ hours. Visually it looks amazing and sound top too.

Dead Rising - enjoyed the demo, then played the full game and was again, disappointed. Seemed like the "dick about" fun of the demo was gone =(

FEAR - couldn't even play this after completing GoW - just didn't look or feel like a finished game.

PGR3 - class, still. Not as good as MSR, but still my fav racer outside of GT.

That was about it really...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

GoW - very very disappointing - the main reason I borrowed it. Short, glitchy, predictable. The hand to hand stuff didn't work as well as say Res Evil 4 - and the boss battles were dull. 6 hours doesn't cut it when Res 4, which plays similar is vastly superior and lasts a good 16+ hours. Visually it looks amazing and sound top too.

Resi 4 and GoW are nothing alike, bad, bad comparison.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I have to agree with Ch3t here. I enjoyed both games, but for different reasons.

Aada

Part of the furniture

Dead Rising - enjoyed the demo, then played the full game and was again, disappointed. Seemed like the "dick about" fun of the demo was gone =(

FEAR - couldn't even play this after completing GoW - just didn't look or feel like a finished game.

PGR3 - class, still. Not as good as MSR, but still my fav racer outside of GT.

That was about it really...

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom