What expansion to buy?

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Hello there!!

New to this game, as in downloaded the 14 day free trial yesterday and am stuck already. As always there is some confusion as to what expansion to buy to "get it all", and whats needed and so forth. I live in Europa/Sweden so I cant download any of them from their homepage unfortunatly. Any help appreciated!!

Best regards
/Miramis

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
imo if u will need em all.. depending on what u want.

classic+si are standard iirc

Toa u will need if u want to play on cluster server and be competative..

Catacombs u will need for EXP quick via the task dungeons and quests and also some of the new classes

Darkness rising is important for your Champion weapon and also the champion lvl abilities.

P

Pretarded

probably will have to buy em all, would be cheaper to buy something liek Gold Edition with all included.

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Aha!

Found a pack containing these:

• Dark Age of Camelot
• Dark Age ofl Camelot Expansion - Shroudedj Isles
• Dark Age of lCamelotl Expansion i- Foundations
• Dark Age iofi Camelot Expansion - Trials Of Atlantis
• Dark Agei of Camelot Expansion - New Frontiers
• Dark Age jof lCamelot lExpansion - Catacombs

So if I buy that, and also the expansion: Dark Rising, I would be up to date?
Thanks again :D

Damnnationx

Fledgling Freddie
Miramis said:
Found a pack containing these:

• Dark Age of Camelot
• Dark Age ofl Camelot Expansion - Shroudedj Isles
• Dark Age of lCamelotl Expansion i- Foundations
• Dark Age iofi Camelot Expansion - Trials Of Atlantis
• Dark Agei of Camelot Expansion - New Frontiers
• Dark Age jof lCamelot lExpansion - Catacombs

So if I buy that, and also the expansion: Dark Rising, I would be up to date?
Thanks again :D

yes that would give you everything that there is atmo..
welcome to the game buddy:D now make an ALB char to kick some hib mid ass:D

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
No more albs! Be a true viking and play for Midgård!

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Lol...

Thank you all for your help, and for turning my thread into a battleground itself ;) Now.. as for the l33t language.. I take it Alb means Albion and Mid Midgård? To please you both, I can tell you my trial char is roaming Hibernia and is quite happy with that atm :p Will see where I end up once I get the "real stuff". :)

Thanks again for all your help :D

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Miramis said:
Thank you all for your help, and for turning my thread into a battleground itself ;) Now.. as for the l33t language.. I take it Alb means Albion and Mid Midgård? To please you both, I can tell you my trial char is roaming Hibernia and is quite happy with that atm :p Will see where I end up once I get the "real stuff". :)

Thanks again for all your help :D

if you on the english servers.. the best character placement advice i can give you is...

If you play Glastonbury . the classic server.. DO NOT play hibernia.. atm hibernia are killing the server because there is far to many hibs about.. Mid i'd say is 2nd most and then albion 3rd in population.. alb and mid r v close tho in population,, but hib has prolly more than both mid+alb put together.

if you play prydwen or excalibur.. similar kind of thing .. BUT.. DO NOT Play Albion there.. far to many albs... roll a character in either Hib or Mid. both realms there could do with the boost.

But please NO hibs on glast

and

NO Albs on excal or pryd

"edit" camlann is also in dire need of a higher pop.. that ios the PVP server when albs fight against albs and every1 else.. basically a free for all. and all realms cant grp together and also form guilds.. altho with you being a newbie to DAOC i can highly recooment you DONT try this server untill your more aquainted with the game.

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
If you play Glastonbury . the classic server.. DO NOT play hibernia.. atm hibernia are killing the server because there is far to many hibs about.. Mid i'd say is 2nd most and then albion 3rd in population.. alb and mid r v close tho in population,, but hib has prolly more than both mid+alb put together.

if you play prydwen or excalibur.. similar kind of thing .. BUT.. DO NOT Play Albion there.. far to many albs... roll a character in either Hib or Mid. both realms there could do with the boost.

Thank you for this information!! Havent made it as far as to choose from the European servers, since the dl only allows NA servers. But I will keep that in mind, definatly!

But please NO hibs on glast and NO Albs on excal or pryd
camlann is also in dire need of a higher pop.. that ios the PVP server when albs fight against albs and every1 else.. basically a free for all. and all realms cant grp together and also form guilds.. altho with you being a newbie to DAOC i can highly recooment you DONT try this server untill your more aquainted with the game.
Also great advice, thank you!

/Miramis

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Imo play the side with the most people - more likely to get stuff done then ;)

Come Alb on Excal imo!!

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Miramis said:
Thank you for this information!! Havent made it as far as to choose from the European servers, since the dl only allows NA servers. But I will keep that in mind, definatly!

Also great advice, thank you!

/Miramis
Oh, so that means you have downloaded from www.camelotherald.com ? i assume that NA = American servers although you could have done it from daoc.goa.com if you had known about it :)

Anyways welcome to DAoC, my advice if it is welcomed would be to choose a Midgard or Hibernia character as the albs outnumber both our realms by ALOT which sucks big time. Whether you choose those green pastures of Hib or the Snowy mountains of Midgard once you have fun is all that matters hehe. By the way i know there is a decent sized swedish playerbase in this game so you should usually find someone who can explain things to you in your native tongue.

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Speedr said:
Oh, so that means you have downloaded from www.camelotherald.com ? i assume that NA = American servers although you could have done it from daoc.goa.com if you had known about it :)
*nods* Didnt know about the European site until you told me and for that I am very greatful. Will make sure to close my two (yes two.. I have a computer/gamefreak daughter as well who love the game already as well *grins*) accounts on trial and open new ones on Europa.
Anyways welcome to DAoC, my advice if it is welcomed would be to choose a Midgard or Hibernia character as the albs outnumber both our realms by ALOT which sucks big time. Whether you choose those green pastures of Hib or the Snowy mountains of Midgard once you have fun is all that matters hehe. By the way i know there is a decent sized swedish playerbase in this game so you should usually find someone who can explain things to you in your native tongue.
Ordered the big box with all previous expansions today, and also the "Dark Rising" expansion. Hopefully they will be two new newbies running around, doing the quests and looking utterly lost tomorrow night already. Prepare yourself for a storm of questions once we get going properly over here ;)
From playing the Trial for a few days only, I know we will have great fun in the game. Thank you all for your time and patience.. hope you have lots more of it ;)

See you out there..
/Miramis

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
YAY.. I must start by saying.. I LOVE WEBHALLEN (Swedish online shop) Ordered yesterday morning and it was in my mail today :) Running around as a newbie on the server Prydwen, Hirbernia as a Shar Vampiir. Well, going that way anyways and only cause it was somehting new to try from the trial *grins* But.. confuzzled already. On the Trial you spent a lot of time doing quests for that Addir man in Mag Mell. Now he has one.. and then you are off to tasks or the veil rift. We tried tasks but.. *ahem* we kind of died pretty fast in those caves :p So we are running about in the rift, doing miniquests for louse xp, but at least we get to know the place :)

Anything you would like to add to your suggestions and advice, now's a good time ;) Oh and.. how do you loot it all at once, instead of clicking and clicking til the bag is empty?

Weeeee, we're having fun in this fantasy world, have to head back now. See you there :D

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
ADVICE:

PLAY ALB!! :p

welcome to the game, its not often i get to say this, as unfort its a dieing game :/ Get a nice cosy guild, play the class you want to and have good fun! You'll get ALOT of it :D

Miramis said:
Oh and.. how do you loot it all at once, instead of clicking and clicking til the bag is empty?

On FPS default keyboard is H for target loot an G to pick it up :)

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to Hibernia !!

You chose a good class to start off here as Vamps are possibly the quickest at levelling up in this realm. I would advise for spec as a vamp levelling as Shadow Mastery and pierce , keeping SM just under your player level and keeping pierce close to it. Final spec is up to you, but if you go to http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cfm there is a character builder and forums for each class to help you decide, the builder may be a little old now but is generally v good. For an up to date spell and style list for each class check out http://www.camelotherald.com/spells or http://www.camelotherald.com/styles

Levelling up : seeing as you have a partner i would fight in the instance task dungeons that the taskmaster will send you to complete a task in for alot of exp. if you press alt+F1 you can check the help sections on the level requirements and locations.

Looting items : typing /keyboard will bring up a setting menu for your keyboard, which key does what action. You can change these from default like i have [ i set my nearest item to "F" and get item to "G" ] but whatever you do is better to suit your playstyle. There is also a command called /autoloot which automatically makes the loot appear in your bag if you are close enough when it drops.

Have fun in Hib and enjoy your stay :)

Miramis

Fledgling Freddie
Sooooooooooooooooooooo many advice and tips there.. thank you both very much!! We will take a new look at the taskdungeons then, we kinda stayed away after our first instant deaths and havent dared to venture back yet ;) We are now about level 6 and am enjoying ourselves a lot. Loads of running back and forth, and lots of quests that has a wayyyyyyyyyy off direction help, but you learn as you go :p (I love the one where they say to find a person inside a tavern and he is actually always on the same spot on the square.. hehe Good thing we had passed him so many times we knew where to find him anyways) But all in all it seems to be a great game.

Thank you both once again, and dont worry.. I'll be back for more ;)
/Miramis

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
A tip is to try to get a guild, if you post on the hibernia section on pryd/excal server i think you could get a friendly guild in no time. It's community that makes a MMORPG fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom